Questions for the club

Apologies as I've not read through the whole thread, so these may well have come up before. Relatively quick / easy wins to improve the match day experience / make things go more smoothly:

Introduction of card machines / contactless. Surely to god this is doable.

Easier access to just plain water at kiosks. There's conflicting chat on here as to what is / isn't available and it seems to vary between sites in the stadium. Bottled water that can be poured into a cup is surely not that hard?

Sort out the selfish pricks that continue to smoke in the toilets. Stewards / cops / lift them or chuck them out. It really is disgusting and doubly so if you need to take young kid in to use them.

If the Germans can do it, we can do it, we're not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

We would need to lobby hard against the government though.

As far as I’m aware Germany has far less stringent safety measures in this matter than we do. We all know the background to why that might be the case.

Focussing on our own situation. The first step is to get safe standing at all. If - and I don’t know for sure - our terracing steps are too narrow it then becomes an expensive task making each step deeper. That would involve reducing the number of steps also. So, all of a sudden, you find you ‘might’ get more people in per row - but you have far fewer rows to fit then into. Catch-22. Theoretically you get a situation where safe-standing improves the atmosphere - but you actually reduce capacity.:eek:

I don’t know enough about it but am just recounting stuff I’ve read on here, probably from the SLO.

Nothing is impossible given the will and the funding. Do we have either?

Just making the point that it’s easy to shout ‘safe standing’ but it may
not be as straight-forward as some on here would have you believe.

Organised and safe pyro displays, safe standing, wifi, bring the cheerleaders back for half time entertainment, over all match day experience, the music is awful.

Apologies as I've not read through the whole thread, so these may well have come up before. Relatively quick / easy wins to improve the match day experience / make things go more smoothly:

Introduction of card machines / contactless. Surely to god this is doable.

Easier access to just plain water at kiosks. There's conflicting chat on here as to what is / isn't available and it seems to vary between sites in the stadium. Bottled water that can be poured into a cup is surely not that hard?

Sort out the selfish pricks that continue to smoke in the toilets. Stewards / cops / lift them or chuck them out. It really is disgusting and doubly so if you need to take young kid in to use them.
A zero tolerance approach needs to be taken by the club on this

I understand contracts may have been signed by the previous board but why don't Rangers control all catering and merchandise outlets inside the stadium and the surround. From the Old Rangers shop, Edmiston Dr to the roundabout at Broomloan Rd. Every outlet should be making profit for Rangers.

Stadium expansion is a must. Hopefully the feasibility study will throw up a few decent options. 30 million for Alfie. And 10 spent on the corners. We can hope.

When the club reveals big changes/improvements I think it’s important to appreciate it won’t be via myself on FF. Obviously I am aware of things going on but until the club is ready to announce these things then I’m not in a position to comment other than to acknowledge the issue. So many of the “are we doing something about this” type of question will be revealed. Remember the AGM is coming up and generally it’s a good time for a supporter update

My remit is broad and the volume is very high as you can expect from a club with one of the largest supports in the UK. Regularly I do have to help out ‘Janet’ - though they should go to customer services in the first instance. I’ve spent countless hours this week on ticketing queries - again the should go to ticketing in the first place but many choose not to. It’s hard trying to get the balance between individual fans and big picture.
You reply quicker thAn the TO lol

No chance of water fountains on concourses? Would be good to be able to fill my own reusable bottle - don’t know where we stand with this - happy to bring in empty and fill up.

Less single use plastic - it’s utter madness that the plastic straws were replaced by paper but paper cups replaced with plastic.

Don’t give plastic lids with cold drinks.

Wifi

Better info on screens on concourse - half time scores

Better catering, access to healthier food.

Safe standing just doesn't seem to be of any interest to the club it seems, which is disappointing as it is clearly wanted by a large element of the fans and it would enhance the match day experience by quite some bit and also what it would aid to help the team on the park.

What do we actually need to do to get the ball rolling on this one, as it has been discussed on here for numerous years now?

Safe standing just doesn't seem to be of any interest to the club it seems, which is disappointing as it is clearly wanted by a large element of the fans and it would enhance the match day experience by quite some bit and also what it would aid to help the team on the park.

What do we actually need to do to get the ball rolling on this one, as it has been discussed on here for numerous years now?

There has been chat going on for years with various points and propositions been put forward by a few parties. The "looking in to the feasibility" nonsense is just stalling tactics from a board that don't really care much for what fans think.

Smoking in the toilets, surely folk go two hours at work without a fag and don’t have to go at halftime and stink the place out

the food quality / options. Aware works already underway in that area

when barriers are up, causes a massive coming together of people getting away at Copland / main stand corner. Missed my bus one night as couldn’t get through it in time. Could the identified as a danger away fans get kept in at final whistle to let initial surge clear ?

any scope to get who runs the underground to have more trains on the hour after the final whistle?

also just a personal bug bear, if We have work planned around the stadium, the car parks being more levelled out would make it look more attractive. Also is there a reason the Albion isn’t a multi story? Could link with underground as a park & ride location for commuters from the west through the week

Greg, a couple of things that would be ( or should be) easy to implemet :

1) website - fixtures are regularly not updated when games change. Can take days but should be done quickly once changes are annnounced. A lot of our fans travel long distances and need to make travel arrangements
2) I have an aol account and never get any emails from the club except when I buy tickets. Seems to
be a common issue

Greg, a couple of things that would be ( or should be) easy to implemet :

1) website - fixtures are regularly not updated when games change. Can take days but should be done quickly once changes are annnounced. A lot of our fans travel long distances and need to make travel arrangements
2) I have an aol account and never get any emails from the club except when I buy tickets. Seems to
be a common issue

the aol thing is something to do with aols servers, just make an outlook account for rangers emails that’s what I had to do

Smoking in the toilets, surely folk go two hours at work without a fag and don’t have to go at halftime and stink the place out

the food quality / options. Aware works already underway in that area

when barriers are up, causes a massive coming together of people getting away at Copland / main stand corner. Missed my bus one night as couldn’t get through it in time. Could the identified as a danger away fans get kept in at final whistle to let initial surge clear ?

any scope to get who runs the underground to have more trains on the hour after the final whistle?

also just a personal bug bear, if We have work planned around the stadium, the car parks being more levelled out would make it look more attractive. Also is there a reason the Albion isn’t a multi story? Could link with underground as a park & ride location for commuters from the west through the week

The smokers smoke in the toilets because they get away with it . The smoking areas help but they removed the broomloan front one and they have went back to the toilets. The issue you have is mob mentality . classic case of people in a crowd thinking they can do what they want and no one is gonna challenge them. Stewards on minimum wage arnt gonna when they could get grief . Remember no cctv in toilets if something was to happen they are prob told not to bother . And the police prob feel they are above it and have better things to do than stand in a toilet to make sure people don’t smoke. The club should reopen the smoking area Cos at least it was working and bar the old firm game has there been any issues ?

Matchday experience - let's revisit the fanzone ideas and make this something special.

Safe Standing - i genuinely think a bouncing Ibrox is worth a few points to us each season. These fine margins make a difference. It'll be good to know where this is at and what the plans are to move forward in this area.

Rangers TV - how is this evolving, app?

We have a couple of internal meetings this week and I should know more following those in regards to timescales

Can you ask at the next meeting with the board Grieg who is responsible for maintenance in and around the ground ?

It is now so poor that the tv cameras clearly show green moss growing on top of our tunnel as the teams come out . It looks horrific . How long would that take to fix , an hour with a kercher ? Simple things like that shouldn’t have to be brought to your attention by fans . Standards re cleaning the stadium don’t seem to have improved despite money being spent .

@Greg Marshall for me getting the WiFi sorted. Trivial to some but not to me. I have a little boy with severe allergies and getting a hold of me at Ibrox is a nightmare. Old firm game at new year a few years ago my wee boy we rushed to hospital. Mrs couldn't get me. I know it's nowhere on the grand scheme of things to other fans but you did ask lol

Can you ask at the next meeting with the board Grieg who is responsible for maintenance in and around the ground ?

It is now so poor that the tv cameras clearly show green moss growing on top of our tunnel as the teams come out . It looks horrific . How long would that take to fix , an hour with a kercher ? Simple things like that shouldn’t have to be brought to your attention by fans . Standards re cleaning the stadium don’t seem to have improved despite money being spent .

Also the big "Rangers F.C." on the Main Stand has weeds and moss growing on it. Totally out of order, can something be done to clean this up?

Since the signal is shit and a can’t ever check ma coupon a reckon you could shove the half time score from English leagues and Scottish leagues on the big screens at half time
Switch off your 4g , you go on the 3G network which no one uses doesn’t always work but does quite a lot

They club are missing out on revenue in so many ways. Have a kids membership scheme, an annual subscription and chances to win meet and greets with players, signed jerseys etc. We really need to be attractive to kids. Like others have said a complete overhaul of the catering. Basically need to really get back to the drawing board and start again. I never buy any food and drink inside the ground.

Why not a “pop-up” village outside the ground where the car park is? With little investment it would help small traders, encourage earlier arrivals, perhaps extend departure times, and improve catering. With imagination...

Hi @Greg Marshall , when are the club going to get themselves together regarding PR? The amount of negative drivel printed/spoken about Rangers on a near daily basis is actually quite sad and we seem to just allow it to happen. It's clear that the usual suspects aren't publicly challenged on inaccurate reporting and the fact that it continues would indicate they aren't privately challenged either.

I think I speak for a lot of fans when I say that our PR department is horrendous and at the end of the day, it's the fans and brand that suffer from the relentless nonsense.

Last edited:
Match day experience has to be the top for me, then parking.

There's nothing to encourage fans into the ground pre match. For e sample, on a week night KFC and McDonalds is heaving with everyone looking for a bite and somewhere to spend an hour (or more), its worse now that Pizza Hut at Heken Street is closed. If there was decent grub, and maybe even a few tables on the concourse it would be a start, stick on some old games, show us the team news.

The club really are missing a trick here.

Greg, I moan about it all of the time but the unecessary use of the fixed cordon at the govan/broomloan. Forcing 10000 fans into a crushing contraflow at the rear of the Copeland to allow a handful of away supporters in and out.
I've been in the govan for 27 years and am well aware of how little happens before or after games.
It's acceptable for some of the European teams, but using this for Aberdeen and Hibs is ridiculous.

Greg, I moan about it all of the time but the unecessary use of the fixed cordon at the govan/broomloan. Forcing 10000 fans into a crushing contraflow at the rear of the Copeland to allow a handful of away supporters in and out.
I've been in the govan for 27 years and am well aware of how little happens before or after games.
It's acceptable for some of the European teams, but using this for Aberdeen and Hibs is ridiculous.

I get this but what’s the solution . Busing in all away fans in big games an hour and a half before KO? Just taking the cordon down and allowing a risk of trouble which against aberdeen and hibs there is. Doesn’t seem like a solution

A break up of Figures regarding CCCS ticket allocations for the cup final how many tickets went to Sponsors,Hospitality and staff etc ?
Catering- Crap food at expensive prices been rotten for the last 20 years.
WiFi we were promised that at last years AGM that it would be up and running for the start of this season. Failed
Ticket prices for Europa league games we are paying Champions league prices i feel sorry for Parents that take the kids to all home games.
A new PR staff that will defend the club and supporters.

1. Will catering improve? We have no card payment option. The soft drinks are an utter rip off for the size of them. This isn’t the Hydro. The meal deal signage is unclear on what you get for it e.g. can you have a juice instead of a bovril? Option of a sandwich would be nice occasionally.
2. What’s happening with the megastore location at Ibrox? Is there likely to be a family friendly bar there, that does limit capacity below squeeze in space?
3. 2022 plans? Are we going to get a museum, and if so can we make it semi future-proof and involving some good and reliable tech? Could we host a pre-season tournament again to celebrate this, maybe involving the teams we beat on the 1972 campaign?
4. Fan zone- any plans to improve this and make it bigger?
5. Clarity on whether the Ashley situation means we should or shouldn’t be buying strips (this may have to come from less official routes I know)
6. A points scheme for cup semi and final tickets and that does acknowledge people that go to home games and away games and treats attendance at either EQUALLY.

Match day experience has to be the top for me, then parking.

There's nothing to encourage fans into the ground pre match. For e sample, on a week night KFC and McDonalds is heaving with everyone looking for a bite and somewhere to spend an hour (or more), its worse now that Pizza Hut at Heken Street is closed. If there was decent grub, and maybe even a few tables on the concourse it would be a start, stick on some old games, show us the team news.

The club really are missing a trick here.
They clearly don't care about the match day experience. It is absolutely non existent. And the catering is a disgrace.

not ignored, but noted.

the club understands there is a demand to improve the match day experience.
Yet, in the time this board have been at the club, they have done absolutely nothing to even remotely improve things. It should be at the core of what they do. We are a football club. The football club exists because if the fans. The highlight of the week for many is going to see their team at their stadium. But far too often Ibrox is not a vibrant arena, where the matchday experience is dull to say the least.

I see very little changing, unless we have fresh blood brought into the club to shake things up on this front. The current group seem incapable of understanding what fans are looking for.

And when was the last time any of them took an in depth walk around the stadium and all the fan areas inside and out? Too many parts still remain tatty and need cleaning. Surely that's the least they can do?

What about a club for the young Bears to be members of like we used to have,money will pour in for that.The last one just stopped and nobody seems to know the reason why.Maybe a wee video thingy for them to watch online with Broxi,Roxi and Boris etc etc.

Safe standing is top of the tree.
Moving the union bears to BF3 till it happens.
(Tell them there getting there wish if they cut out the shite songs about the provos win win).
A proper Rangers supporting DJ who will play Rangers songs and something different every week to at least try get the crowd going.
The smoking enclosure outside at half time in the BF.
The toilets.
Catering.
AstroTurf down for the fan zone.

Are there plans for the areas around the stadium to be resurfaced? the area behind the Broomloan in particular is full of pot holes and an accident waiting to happen.

Match day experience is also very poor the concourses, catering options and toilet facilities are in dire need of an upgrade.

Also simple things like putting latest scores on the screen at half time contribute there was nothing better to lift the crowd at half time than getting it announced the other lot were getting beat.

Lastly know its been mentioned on the thread before but general maintenance has to be a priority moss growing on the tunnel might be a small thing but is unacceptable IMO.

What about a club for the young Bears to be members of like we used to have,money will pour in for that.The last one just stopped and nobody seems to know the reason why.Maybe a wee video thingy for them to watch online with Broxi,Roxi and Boris etc etc.
Who remembers the young rangers club that you joined in the rangers news back in the early80's

Back