Questions for the club

Why do we need to phone a premium line to book anything?

I have been trying to book breakfast with Santa. Tried over ten times and usually get cut off eventually. So all this will add up to a few quid on my bill and I don’t have anything to show for it.

Tried emailing the ticket office a week ago and never got a reply.

Surely an online booking system wouldn’t be hard to set up for things like this.

It’s frustrating.

Haven’t gone through all the replies. The issues I see (ignoring today’s news)

1. PR department - can say almost anything about Rangers and our fans without consequence - it must be addressed.

2. The BBC - what are the club doing about the shoddy coverage we get? The BBC are not banned from Ibrox but choose not to cover our home games. How is that fair treatment of our tv license payers?

3. The retail deal - may not be able to say much but I’d be interested to know what the latest situation here is.

4. Away ticketing - it doesn’t seem to be a very organised or clear process for how tickets are allocated.

5. Match day experience - how do they plan to improve it?
I'd say the priority there is to get a solution to the retail deal,this is hamstringing the club. I don't know who Rangers legal team are but for me they haven't fought the Clubs' corner. This above all really needs laid to rest once and for all.

Could someone answer the hospitality email address?

I've got a company possibly willing to throw thousands of pounds at the club and no one has bothered to get back in touch.

Could someone answer the hospitality email address?

I've got a company possibly willing to throw thousands of pounds at the club and no one has bothered to get back in touch.
I e-mailed tkt office before Porto game for info about parking,I'm still waiting on a reply

Could I ask if there are any plans to put replacement tv screens in the Main Stand Rear, as it is not possible to see the big screens from many of the seats?

Safe standing is a must for me. Would definitely improve the atmosphere.

Not saying I agree with this but the club could use it as a bargaining chip - stop singing XYZ, we will give you safe standing.

I believe it increases the capacity ever so slightly also. Would pay for itself within a year anyway.

Safe standing is a must for me. Would definitely improve the atmosphere.

Not saying I agree with this but the club could use it as a bargaining chip - stop singing XYZ, we will give you safe standing.

I believe it increases the capacity ever so slightly also. Would pay for itself within a year anyway.
& a club reflection on our clubs PROTESTANT identity

Im not sure how someone who doesn’t bother to go to a game against a Peterhead at Ibrox In an early round for instance getting the same chance at a ticket for a semi or final as someone who has is fair?

Any loyalty scheme in my eyes should only be based on cup games @ home.
buy a ticket, you get points (5)
Use it and you get more points (3)
Sell it back and you get points as well (2)
But

numbers in brackets an example of points.
I don’t see how that kind of system could be deemed unfair?
everyone has the chance of 7 points if they buy and can’t go but sell back to the club for instance. I’m sure better minds than mine can come up with better. The CCCS for me isn’t fair. If I go to every cup game at home that season and then Tom dick or Harry don’t they shouldn’t get the same opportunity at a big game.
But TOM DICK OR HARRY will only be included in cup final / semi final draw if they have paid for every home game . If they do surely that’s the entitlement.
Sometimes due to work I miss some home games and also cup games , but I’ve paid for them all

Haven’t gone through all the replies. The issues I see (ignoring today’s news)

1. PR department - can say almost anything about Rangers and our fans without consequence - it must be addressed.

2. The BBC - what are the club doing about the shoddy coverage we get? The BBC are not banned from Ibrox but choose not to cover our home games. How is that fair treatment of our tv license payers?

3. The retail deal - may not be able to say much but I’d be interested to know what the latest situation here is.

4. Away ticketing - it doesn’t seem to be a very organised or clear process for how tickets are allocated.

5. Match day experience - how do they plan to improve it?
What about bringing back cheerleaders .we used to have the Scottish claymore cheerleaders for European nights

But TOM DICK OR HARRY will only be included in cup final / semi final draw if they have paid for every home game . If they do surely that’s the entitlement.
Sometimes due to work I miss some home games and also cup games , but I’ve paid for them all

paying and not attending or not selling the ticket back to the club is not in my eyes as good as paying and attending or selling the match ticket back to the club.
some people can afford tickets to only go once in a blue moon and to big games.
I feel loyalty and taking the time to attend matches or benefit the club (and the ticket holder after all) by selling back to rangers should be held to a higher regard than someone that can pay for an empty seat.

Asking when we are going to enter the 21st century.

Paperless tickets, contactless, even being able to get a bottle of water. It’s truly embarrassing.

The disconnect from the club to the fans is hugely frustrating. They just don't seem to 'get it'.

I think they get a lot of it, but they are also removed from what the matchday experience is for an ordinary fan. Their match day is the hospitality experience which is a special occasion for most.

@Greg Marshall is there any merit to some of the board attending the match as a normal fan would to understand how little there is in the way of matchday experience? Undercover boss! I do understand this would maybe be difficult with their profile.

I'd say the priority there is to get a solution to the retail deal,this is hamstringing the club. I don't know who Rangers legal team are but for me they haven't fought the Clubs' corner. This above all really needs laid to rest once and for all.

Totally agree but I think due to the legal aspect of it the club won't disclose much. I'm sure it's the biggest priority off the field.

paying and not attending or not selling the ticket back to the club is not in my eyes as good as paying and attending or selling the match ticket back to the club.
some people can afford tickets to only go once in a blue moon and to big games.
I feel loyalty and taking the time to attend matches or benefit the club (and the ticket holder after all) by selling back to rangers should be held to a higher regard than someone that can pay for an empty seat.
[/QUOTE
Maybe if the club refunded full amount of ticket back and immediately. Instead sometimes you only get half the amount refunded by selling to the club and then you only get a refund from the following season ticket price

@Kirky loyalist
is that not better than getting nothing, leaving an empty seat & depriving the club of some much needed extra revenue?

Last edited:
The frustrating thing for me is that the things we are looking for action on or improvement on are not exactly costly. It's more a case of have we got the people in pace to make progress on our behalf?

Yes, on the pitch is the priority. Of course it is. However off the pitch in terms of the fans - the life-blood of the club - has to come a close second. We ARE the club.

There is no excuse for not progressing many of the things people on here have mentioned. I mean - to not have card/contactless in this day and age is utterly inexcusable. Not expensive. Easily done. But still waiting. Words fail me.

We need people in the club with a dynamic approach. People who can think outside the box. People who want to transfer the matchday experience into something we can all be proud of.

We are badly lacking in all of this.

We're not asking for millions and millions to be spent. We just want a more positive direction and strategy when it comes to fan experience and levels of satisfaction. As fans, we've been through enough. Surely it's the least we could expect, as the biggest financial contributors every year.

Contactless payments at the Kiosks!
Sometimes you have to pinch yourself that we are in 2019 and not 1999. To not have contactless payment is, quite frankly, embarrassing. Friends and family from down south who I have brought up to games over the years cannot belive we are so far behind on this kind of thing.

Sometimes you have to pinch yourself that we are in 2019 and not 1999. To not have contactless payment is, quite frankly, embarrassing. Friends and family from down south who I have brought up to games over the years cannot belive we are so far behind on this kind of thing.
Are we not tied up in a dodgy contract for catering ? If I recall correctly it’s not really beneficial to the club .

Are we not tied up in a dodgy contract for catering ? If I recall correctly it’s not really beneficial to the club .
There are ways and means if doing things mate. The club cannot just sit it back on everything and absolve themselves of all responsibility. This is simply an inexpensive payment method we are talking about. It's ridiculous.

There are ways and means if doing things mate. The club cannot just sit it back on everything and absolve themselves of all responsibility. This is simply an inexpensive payment method we are talking about. It's ridiculous.

Lets wait and see if they roll this out with the new catering partner in the summer.

Yet, in the time this board have been at the club, they have done absolutely nothing to even remotely improve things. It should be at the core of what they do. We are a football club. The football club exists because if the fans. The highlight of the week for many is going to see their team at their stadium. But far too often Ibrox is not a vibrant arena, where the matchday experience is dull to say the least.

I see very little changing, unless we have fresh blood brought into the club to shake things up on this front. The current group seem incapable of understanding what fans are looking for.

And when was the last time any of them took an in depth walk around the stadium and all the fan areas inside and out? Too many parts still remain tatty and need cleaning. Surely that's the least they can do?

I wrote to the club just after we played PSG in Paris during Dick Advocaat's time. I was invited to a meeting with Carol Paton and Sandy Jardine inside Ibrox.

I raised the issue of the matchday experience and the lessons we could learn from the way PSG encourage and facilitate fan participation and atmosphere. Sad to say I knew then that nothing was going to change. That was nearly 20 years ago and its still the same.

There's just no excuse for the lack of action. Its a scandal and quite frankly a crying shame.

Is there any way for travel club members to collect fellow members match tickets?
Some of the turnarounds during the summer were very tight and fans had to travel to Glasgow from England and Northern Scotland to collect before travelling
By selecting special delivery sorted that. Extra 7quid was better than pointless return trip to Glasgow.

I wrote to the club just after we played PSG in Paris during Dick Advocaat's time. I was invited to a meeting with Carol Paton and Sandy Jardine inside Ibrox.

I raised the issue of the matchday experience and the lessons we could learn from the way PSG encourage and facilitate fan participation and atmosphere. Sad to say I knew then that nothing was going to change. That was nearly 20 years ago and its still the same.

There's just no excuse for the lack of action. Its a scandal and quite frankly a crying shame.
Agreed mate. And I remember you mentioning this previously.

It is quite clear to me that a) this board are out of touch with fan culture and what is required to have a vibrant matchday experience and also atmosphere, and b) there is no genuine intent by them to do anything about it.

In the time this board have been in place I have not seen one single attempt to improve the dire matchday experience. Nothing. Nada.

We'll still be talking about this for another 20 years!!

And I'll tell you something - the longer this continues, the more chance of younger generation seeing it as a disappointing environment. The younger ones want a space to come and enjoy their day and have fun, sing, add colour and vibrancy. All they see now is a silent stadium with a small group contained in one of the worst areas of the ground. It's not an enticing incentive.

And SG is chomping at the bit for a much better atmosphere at Ibrox. I wish his board would show the same enthusiasm.

Whichever way you look at it it's not a good story.

I really don’t envy @Greg Marshall position. Not everyone is going to be happy, but i also feel that some of the replies to him on here are a bit over the line. Questioning what he does etc.

The key point he made is that the club WILL be making anouncements shortly, and the SLO doing it on Follow Follow is not the way it will happen.

Let the man get on with his job, and equally, he didn’t start this thread to cause “frustration” amongst the support, so put some trust in him and hold off to the AGM.

The Chairmans Speech/Letter will probably contain a few of the titbits you are all looking for, why the feck would the SLO be posting it on FF.

Patience bears, we’ve only just sorted the main issue, the clusterfuck on the field previously - the rest will follow.

Agreed mate. And I remember you mentioning this previously.

It is quite clear to me that a) this board are out of touch with fan culture and what is required to have a vibrant matchday experience and also atmosphere, and b) there is no genuine intent by them to do anything about it.

In the time this board have been in place I have not seen one single attempt to improve the dire matchday experience. Nothing. Nada.

We'll still be talking about this for another 20 years!!

And I'll tell you something - the longer this continues, the more chance of younger generation seeing it as a disappointing environment. The younger ones want a space to come and enjoy their day and have fun, sing, add colour and vibrancy. All they see now is a silent stadium with a small group contained in one of the worst areas of the ground. It's not an enticing incentive.

And SG is chomping at the bit for a much better atmosphere at Ibrox. I wish his board would show the same enthusiasm.

Whichever way you look at it it's not a good story.

My father took me to see Rangers play the bheasts at the piggery in the late 60s. I cant remember the score though I think John Hughes hit a penalty over the bar.

The thing I do remember was the atmosphere. After this experience I was hooked. I hardly missed a game for the next 35 years.

Rangers dont seem to understand how important the atmosphere is for the fans. Without it the game is just another sport.

Like you, Ive been banging on about this for years and wonder how many potential die hards are being lost to the club. This is particularly true for youngsters. Its madness.

Could I ask if there are any plans to put replacement tv screens in the Main Stand Rear, as it is not possible to see the big screens from many of the seats?
As is the case from some areas of the Club Deck.
Why not use the pitch side E signs to display HT's?

My father took me to see Rangers play the bheasts at the piggery in the late 60s. I cant remember the score though I think John Hughes hit a penalty over the bar.

The thing I do remember was the atmosphere. After this experience I was hooked. I hardly missed a game for the next 35 years.

Rangers dont seem to understand how important the atmosphere is for the fans. Without it the game is just another sport.

Like you, Ive been banging on about this for years and wonder how many potential die hards are being lost to the club. This is particularly true for youngsters. Its madness.
It's no coincidence that SG mentions atmosphere at every press conference for every home game. He knows the importance of it.

And he can see that we have an issue, whereby the stadium is silent for 90% of the time apart from a small section tucked away in a corner. He, quite rightly, wants a better environment than that. His board are doing nothing to help facilitate that. I feel SG's frustration because many of us have felt it for a couple of decades.

I get this but what’s the solution . Busing in all away fans in big games an hour and a half before KO? Just taking the cordon down and allowing a risk of trouble which against aberdeen and hibs there is. Doesn’t seem like a solution
How much trouble have you seen pre and post match against these teams?
I was a police officer for the last 27 years and can tell you it's minimal, iactually have seen more problems with wee teams like Dundee.
Hold them back after the game has worked for years but seems to have been dropped in the favour of inconveniencing many thousand if rangers fans.

@Greg Marshall
The away scheme

I have had one ticket all season for livi away in the cup

others have had three tickets

how is this possible?
They've had two from the ballot and bought one of the additional Livi tickets that went to last minute general sale. It really isn't rocket science. The amount of grown men that don't understand our ticketing system never fails to amaze me.

@Greg Marshall
The away scheme

I have had one ticket all season for livi away in the cup

others have had three tickets

how is this possible?

They haven’t been allocated 3 away tickets.

Cup and league are in the same ballot and the highest is on 2 allocations. The lowest on 1.

Semi/finals isn’t part of the away scheme

When will the club deck especially cd6 and cd7 get numbers on the seats, it’s like a lottery up there when folk who are non season ticket holders try and find their seat.
Some have numbers except it's the wrong numbers and the stewards are hopeless too. You see the same people going up the stairs that the stewards have sent them to go along the row and come back in again to ask the stewards again.

I really don’t envy @Greg Marshall position. Not everyone is going to be happy, but i also feel that some of the replies to him on here are a bit over the line. Questioning what he does etc.

The key point he made is that the club WILL be making anouncements shortly, and the SLO doing it on Follow Follow is not the way it will happen.

Let the man get on with his job, and equally, he didn’t start this thread to cause “frustration” amongst the support, so put some trust in him and hold off to the AGM.

The Chairmans Speech/Letter will probably contain a few of the titbits you are all looking for, why the feck would the SLO be posting it on FF.

Patience bears, we’ve only just sorted the main issue, the clusterfuck on the field previously - the rest will follow.

I understand peoples frustrations. It's the same concerns we've been raising for the last two years.

Greg, I appreciate you're being inundated here and I haven't read the whole thread but I was thinking of small provision for cyclists. Would the club be in a position to erect a few compact 'Sheffield' bike stands close to the stadium?

A little, inexpensive improvement but I feel it would very convenient - and it could encourage more supporters to cycle to games. Healthy living!

Haven’t bought for a while, but can we even use card?

I get this but what’s the solution . Busing in all away fans in big games an hour and a half before KO? Just taking the cordon down and allowing a risk of trouble which against aberdeen and hibs there is. Doesn’t seem like a solution

Do what we have to do for mentally challengeds games

Make them meet at the car park, March them in 2 hours before kick off and keep them behind for 30-45mins

They haven’t been allocated 3 away tickets.

Cup and league are in the same ballot and the highest is on 2 allocations. The lowest on 1.

Semi/finals isn’t part of the away scheme

Why are away games not categorised in some way by the club? Some people been allocated Hearts & Aberdeen already this season, while others are sitting on East Fife & Livi.

I understand peoples frustrations. It's the same concerns we've been raising for the last two years.
Exactly. It's like groundhog day. Club pretending to engage with fans but doing nothing about our concerns/requirements year after year. And we are not asking for millions and millions to be spent. Fan liason and genuine engagement is as poor as I can remember.

Why is King so reluctant to appoint a proper Chief Executive?

Back