Questions for the club

Most things off the pitch which are fan touching are generally very poor and have been for a long time.

Catering, ticketing system, matchday experience, atmosphere (lack of), lack of standing section, club communications, PR, fan liason.

I see no real progress on any of these areas. In fact I think they are pretty terrible. However I expect very little change and these things will just trundle along as usual.

Posted this the other day but this is what I would propose.....

A new scheme which is back-dated to 2015. Let's call it the "Away Scheme"

Only available to STH's who have been signed up to the CCCS/Away CCCS from 2015-present day and you pay a fee (approx £50 to join) and it includes tickets to all away games (Hampden Semi's/Finals, Away League and League Cup/Scottish Cup games and Euro Away games). Every new season ticket holder can join from next season however you start off on zero points.

STH's from 2015 start off with 5 points + however many TC points you have to date. 2015 is fair season to backdate from as it was first season after the boycott.

2016 new season ticket Holders on CCCS 4 points + however many TC points you have to date.

2017 new season ticket Holders on CCCS 3 points + however many TC points you have to date.

2018 new season ticket Holders on CCCS 2 points + however many TC points you have to date

2019 new Season Ticket Holders on CCCS 1 point + however many TC points you have to date.

When we receive an allocation for each game away from Ibrox it operates similarly to the current Travel Club scheme. The club receive the allocation and open up sales to each level per day. If the sales start at 5 points then it would only be available for people on 5 points to begin with who would go online to get a ticket. If the demand isn't high then it opens ups to each level until its a sell out. Each game has a points rating and for every ticket you take you get an additional point/points. For example Ross County/Aberdeen midweek would maybe get you double points as the majority going to that have to likely travel a distance.

The Travel Club aspect of it would remain the same as it works currently which is perfectly fair.

When allocations are small for away games (like Celtic for example), it would only be available to start off to those on big points. Livingston would likely open up to a low level. People who are new STH'S can build points from games at Hampden - like the semi vs Hearts when everyone got a ticket who was on CCCS and away games like Livingston and St Johnstone where most people have got a ticket. It would open up to that level.

RSC's would still also get a percentage of each allocation for the first 3 years. After this, away tickets would only be available to those on the new Away Scheme. This wouldn't be the end of RSC's as is often worried as those who are still getting tickets would still obviously use the bus they go on. If they attend every single game which is normally the case, they will have enough members on a decent points rating to ensure they get tickets.

This is purely just hypothetical but we all know the Away CCCS is over subscribed and something needs to give. It's definitely not fair that people just joining the scheme this season can get a ticket for this final over people that have been going for years. It's just my idea and I know it's likely going to get pelters and not please everyone so if anyone has any other ideas, let's hear them.

I don’t think the priority for semis and finals should be done based on away attendances as there’s never going to be enough supply to make it fair.
IMO it should be based solely on games at Ibrox in the cups etc
And away allocation have its own loyalty scheme

if that makes sense

Matchday music/DJ a disgrace

Still nothing on safe standing

2022 fast approaching , still no work started on memorial garden , has it just been dropped altogether due to the dispute ? What other works are proposed for our 150th year ? It’s going to be upon us soon .

Appreciate AC/DC isnt everyone's taste but a 'disgrace'? In all seriousness mate, what makes it disgraceful? Genuinely interested btw not taking the piss. I'm usually in the stadium before the warm up and dont think I've ever noticed.

Safe standing

Overall PR is poor on off field issues - bbc, SD, defending fans and today’s news for example

What happens after today’s news

New loyalty scheme for away/semi/finals

Fan rep on board

Catering at Ibrox

Longer term

SD issue
Disabled seating
New seats Cos some look weathered
Increases capacity

Safe standing

Overall PR is poor on off field issues - bbc, SD, defending fans and today’s news for example

What happens after today’s news

New loyalty scheme for away/semi/finals

Fan rep on board

Catering at Ibrox

Longer term

SD issue
Disabled seating
New seats Cos some look weathered
Increases capacity
I disagree. Disabled seating shouldn’t be a long term issue. It’s probably near the top of tactical problems sort out.

There was a thread a month or so back with matchday experiences of disabled fans. It is embarrassing quite frankly.

Maybe just me but I don't think there is any genuine sincerity in this fan engagement thing. Just a tick box exercise. "yeah we engaged with the fans".

We see it every year.

As per usual, I don't expect much/anything to change.

Should there be a cut off point in numbers for CCCS for semi finals.base the number on an allocation for a Tim game.that way we wouldn't have thousands sweating on the ballot.

1. Communication. Rangers communication is not great. For example the travel club should email members in advance advising that they are unlikely to source a plane due to school holidays, Thomas Cook going bust etc instead of waiting until a few days before the game. Rangers could also have an FAQ on the site or that they send by email to season ticket holders explaining how the away game scheme and the CCCS for Semis and Finals works as some of our fans have difficulty separating the two and understanding how the schemes work.

2. Catering. Any chance of vendors like Subway and Papa Joe's inside Ibrox?

3. Rangers 150th Anniversary in 2022. Do Rangers have a programme of stuff planned? I.e. a commemorative friendly match at Ibrox, an event at Ibrox for the 150th Anniversary,Limited edition kit i.e the first one worn by Rangers or maybe even a new documentary and or book on Rangers History.

I disagree. Disabled seating shouldn’t be a long term issue. It’s probably near the top of tactical problems sort out.

There was a thread a month or so back with matchday experiences of disabled fans. It is embarrassing quite frankly.

I agree with that but it’s where you put it . Short term I’d have a shelter down the front of the Govan going over that area where they sit but how do you do that without blocking view of rows behind . Ideally I’d take either the screens out or close the gaps between the broomloan/Govan obv leaving a tunnel for emergency access which is needed for safety certificate and then have a raised sheltered area which is what that lot have across the city. Between there north stand and one stand behind the goal. In terms of disabled seating they are miles ahead of us

Appreciate AC/DC isnt everyone's taste but a 'disgrace'? In all seriousness mate, what makes it disgraceful? Genuinely interested btw not taking the piss. I'm usually in the stadium before the warm up and dont think I've ever noticed.

Doesn't know how to work a crowd . Same old tired songs played over the tannoy with the dreaded megamix still being played . Too lazy to read out the substitutes , tells you to check the screens , which half the stadium can’t see . No score lines from around the country at halftime . It’s as if we are stuck in 1990 with no imagination or effort put into the build up to the game . The match day experience is really poor and has been for years .

Greg, have you ever been in a public toilet when the windows have been screwed shut for months?

For months since the filth visited Ibrox, the gents toilets have NO VENTILATION at all. It stinks of my fellow 300 fans shite and is reeking in the Bar72 West. Over one thousand pounds a year to smell my fellow fans stench when they shite in the loos.

Can you ask the fine Directors of our club if they have any ventilation in their shitters that they attend in Ibrox? Is it too much to ask for access to fresh air within an enclosed toilet?

First world problems it is not but just general common sense and decency to provide your patrons.

I know this might seem small fry in the bigger scheme of things but we really have to do better with our baseball caps. Fek sakes we actually have one with green on it!!! Look at the American football teams with their retro caps etc. Also most people going on holiday tend to take a baseball cap with them which are everything but Rangers.

Can you elaborate on what you mean with this one bud?
Its a number of things, the banning of fans and the failure to stick up for fans after the scottish cup final, the failure to stick up for fans after the Kilmarnock debacle at the start of the season, not surprising considering the head of security hates fans
The failure to stand up for fans in general we are fair game and it would be nice if occasionally the club stood up for us but only seem to react when its individuals within the club who are criticised
The emails sent out to people who are in bf1 to tell us our tickets wouldn't be valid for the European game, myself and my sons were basically blamed without any evidence and told we weren't wanted even although we could have been accommodated elsewhere in the stadium,
Even the poor communication about Saturday and the colts game, it seemed almost an afterthought to let fans know what was happening

1. Communication. Rangers communication is not great. For example the travel club should email members in advance advising that they are unlikely to source a plane due to school holidays, Thomas Cook going bust etc instead of waiting until a few days before the game. Rangers could also have an FAQ on the site or that they send by email to season ticket holders explaining how the away game scheme and the CCCS for Semis and Finals works as some of our fans have difficulty separating the two and understanding how the schemes work.

2. Catering. Any chance of vendors like Subway and Papa Joe's inside Ibrox?

3. Rangers 150th Anniversary in 2022. Do Rangers have a programme of stuff planned? I.e. a commemorative friendly match at Ibrox, an event at Ibrox for the 150th Anniversary,Limited edition kit i.e the first one worn by Rangers or maybe even a new documentary and or book on Rangers History.

Really like your idea on 2022 special history based kit.

Like many others I would like to see the club take a stand against our many detractors. This issue with HMRC needs to be persued with the utmost vigour.
If those responsible for screwing the club over have links to Celtic fc, we have to call for sanctions against them. Indeed it may well be a matter for the police.
We cant keep turning the other cheek.

The club aren’t interested in what we want Greg.

Hundreds of RSCs signed their name towards backing safe standing, including all the biggest ones. Organisations backed it. Its being pushed by the only visual group in Ibrox.

It gets ignored, fobbed off. Doesn’t even get mentioned in the recent fans survey because you know the last survey the majority voted for it.

What more do you need to know about what we want?

The club aren’t interested in what we want Greg.

Hundreds of RSCs signed their name towards backing safe standing, including all the biggest ones. Organisations backed it. Its being pushed by the only visual group in Ibrox.

It gets ignored, fobbed off. Doesn’t even get mentioned in the recent fans survey because you know the last survey the majority voted for it.

What more do you need to know about what we want?
This!

The club just pretend to listen. Tick-box exercise for them.

Do the club have any intention of going all guns blazing for HMRC and their gross negligence that caused catastrophic damage to Scotland largest and most decorated sporting institution!?

I think we have every right as fans of the club to sue HMRC on behalf of the club for damages, loss of earnings, losing multi million pound assets (players), being kicked out the league, the list is endless.

Absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach that those bastards have caused so much unnecessary damage and hurt to so many people.
You won't get an answer on that just now mate unfortunately!

Rangers were pish until very recently, why didn't you stop watching?

The womens team is part of the club, you don't have to actively support it but there is no reason not to make it the best it can be.
Rangers are Rangers good or bad I follow on. Have done for 56 years and was born a bear 4 years earlier... good luck to the ladies I hope they beat the scum but I'm out.

Has to be the ticketing section on the website saying sold out when they haven't even gone on sale. It only takes a bit of coding getting changed.

Still on tickets and I know we have spoken about this before but I really think the CCCS for both Semi's/Finals and Away Games need to be looked at.
And why do RSCS get shafted for normal away games .....

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Just a little bit of brainstorming

The west enclosure toilets are stinking and need some tlc.

2022 club anniversary is fast approaching and we still have no information on what is even going on. Last I heard was a building study of Edmiston House and some project about a Memorial Garden that backfired?

It’s getting rammed down our throats at every angle
Sort of on the same topic but was watching soccer am and they had Wayne Bridge (I think it was) and some woman from the England female national team doing the drill. This lassie is supposed to be in the peak of her career, bridge is about ten years older and retired a couple of years and he embarrassed her. She was literally getting our of breath running a few yards around the mannequins, couldn't catch a volley. I guess my point is that people will pay the going rate and turn up in the corresponding numbers to the standard on offer. Women's football is miles behind in this aspect. Anyway as for suggestions, working smoke alarms in the bogs would be nice.

Great. Now that we've fed all that back I am sure our SLO - who the club are forced and obliged to appoint by UEFA, not the club's choice - will get it all sorted and the board will get to work on these points straight away.

Does anyone really think there is any sincerity in any of this "engagement"??

They have this or a survey every year - and still our catering is shit, still no standing section, still UB's tucked away in BF1, still no PR, still failing to defend us in the media, still poor communications, still a poor matchday experience.

Back