Questions for the club

@Greg Marshall Another subject regarding the possibility of upgrading tickets provisions and services Rangers provide -

TICKETS
the ticket timeline from email received and payment coming off needs to be reviewed.

number of away tickets received from away clubs needs to be addressed and confirmed before the season starts to allow a pre season ballot - with ample notice of successful tickets allocated to allow supporters to make travel and workplace arrangements in advance.

any further tickets released by away clubs after initial allocation has been processed can be allocated via email on a first come first served basis to those in away cccs wishing to purchase.

RANGERS SERVICES
In house rangers catering to have chuck wagons / burger vans outside the stadium as opposed and in opposition to privately owned burger vans - all profits go to the club. Review whether it is viable and profitable to be used home and away

when we are in a position to push rangers merchandise for the benefit of the club, similar to the above a fleet of Rangers retail vans outside the stadium as opposed and in opposition to private street vendors - again all profits go to the club. Review whether it is viable and profitable to be used home and away

Commission a study whether it is viable to have an official Rangers restaurant bar in locations and towns out with Glasgow where large numbers of Rangers supporters are situated- not only would this generate income on home match days from supporters clubs leaving the premises- it could have the potential to generate income on non match days 7 days a week from food and drink sales, any potential sales could increase especially when Rangers are playing away and on the television - there is also a potential to install Rangers merchandise shops within any such venture.

Last edited:
Also, is there anyway we can cut back in stewarding and policing. Absolute overkill in the Broomloan and Copland corners at the gates. Around 10-15 stewards at each corner for no reason, more money down the drain.

Can the board also answer why we don’t have similar policing costs to Celtic? They have a bigger capacity stadium and are paying a much smaller amount than us. The club need to be more proactive on things like this

Another excellent point

@Greg Marshall Another subject regarding the possibility of upgrading tickets provisions and services Rangers provide -

TICKETS
the ticket timeline from email received and payment coming off needs to be reviewed.

number of away tickets received from away clubs needs to be addressed and confirmed before the season starts to allow a pre season ballot - with ample notice of successful tickets allocated to allow supporters to make travel and workplace arrangements in advance.

any further tickets released by away clubs after initial allocation has been processed can be allocated via email on a first come first served basis to those in away cccs wishing to purchase.

RANGERS SERVICES
In house rangers catering to have chuck wagons / burger vans outside the stadium as opposed and in opposition to privately owned burger vans - all profits go to the club. Review whether it is viable and profitable to be used home and away

when we are in a position to push rangers merchandise for the benefit of the club, similar to the above a fleet of Rangers retail vans outside the stadium as opposed and in opposition to private street vendors - again all profits go to the club. Review whether it is viable and profitable to be used home and away

Commission a study whether it is viable to have an official Rangers restaurant bar in locations and towns out with Glasgow where large numbers of Rangers supporters are situated- not only would this generate income on home match days from supporters clubs leaving the premises- it could have the potential to generate income on non match days 7 days a week from food and drink sales, any potential sales could increase especially when Rangers are playing away and on the television - there is also a potential to install Rangers merchandise shop within any such venture.
there was a game maybe 2 years ago I'm sure they took payment the same day as the email lol

Greg, is there any chance as this thread grows you could possibly keep us updated with what if any of the suggestions you are going to look into further?

And equally as important, if you won't be taking any particular issue further perhaps being able to give some perspective on why? As I understand not everything can be fixed overnight.

Be great to put to bed some longer standing frustrations in advance of the clubs 125 year celebrations.

Cheers

@Greg Marshall

Just a suggestion, but you need to be mindful here that in creating this thread so far all you have done is create an echo chamber of concerns and frustrations.

Coupled with the tax news you need to think of how fans in general are feeling.

Be great for you to give some hope and counter to the negative stuff

Unfortunately for you, it's only you that can do it.

What we don't want I guess is a 1000 post thread and all it is issues and nothing to counter that?

Could we consider the return of the Rangers News and wee blue book i know there are on-line versions but it's just not the same.
The PR around the club is simply appalling = we are beyond the condescending it's 'being dealt with' type responses.. I know traditionally we like to do things behind closed doors but sometime we need more leadership from the top. We are in PR war and we are light years behind the mhanky mob.

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Just a little bit of brainstorming
Don't know if it's my shit phone but the signal is atrocious inside the ground and we should at least have a decent wifi for season ticket holders at least

e wanting official merchadise on a
Don't know if it's my shit phone but the signal is atrocious inside the ground and we should at least have a decent wifi for season ticket holders at least
The reason for this is due to the amount of people in close proximity to you trying to get on their phones. I've long had this issue when at Ibrox and I get the same issue at festivals etc when there is a large crowd of people in the one place.

Safe Standing asap, it's disappointing that there aren't any concrete plans for having it in place yet, after many RSC's and supporters groups publicly backing it. It's been in demand for a couple of years now, and there's no denying that the atmosphere at Ibrox can be improved, especially during the run of the mill games. Having safe standing at Ibrox would undoubtedly help with this, which also helps the team on the park. Makes sense to get it done to me.

@Greg Marshall can you give us some feedback on the questions that have been asked please? We fully understand that you do not have all the answers right now but at least tell us that you’ve noted respective Qs and going to chase them up. Ticketing seems to be a huge issue for a vast amount of supporters so a comment on this would be welcomed. I appreciate you’ve been bombarded but tbh what did you expect!

Years ago you had to queue ages to get a pie, now you can walk in and almost go right to the front of the queue. Something is far wrong. The time it takes to serve a Juice and a pie and count out the change is scandalous.

I got a tea once and the tea bag contents must have been the stuff swept up from the floor. Likewise how hard is it to make a decent coffee. Nowadays I buy a coffee from the van at the front of the old pools office. Times have changed and people are prepared to pay more for quality as opposed to paying premium prices for crap.

What is the point in having a draw on the pitch with former players that only the centre main stand can see.

Lack of wifi, why not go back to the old days and provide half time scores. Catering outside should be like Murrayfield where the approaches have a variety of vendors.

Safe standing - we‘ve had the proposals/discussions. Now it’s time for implementation.

Club PR - this is woeful

Match day catering - horrible. zero value for money. can’t even pay with card.

All of the above don’t just need discussed - it needs resolved!

HMRC - needs investigated after recent “rumours”

Megastore - we need that back (although it’s not quite as easy as that)

Fanzone update - why was initial “trial” on the Astro knocked back and how was this followed up (seemed to just disappear into the abyss when our MD was going to take it to task). What’s in the pipeline for an alternative fan zone?

@Greg Marshall

!!!SAFE STANDING!!!

New PR company

New ticketing system so someone from Alaska doesn't need to drive all the way to Ibrox to collect a ticket instead of being able to print it off at home

Wifi

Catering upgrade

Toilets upgrade

Alcohol licence for Fan Zone

More Rangers shops open throughout the UK and official club bar in town

Plans revealed for 150th anniversary

Lights underneath Club Deck Roof still to be changed to LEDs

Given the stories coming out of yesterdays game, are the club investigating the claims that stewards were not allowing the filth into our stadium and were overruled by Police Scotland who do not have the authority to insist on entry?

If these claims are indeed accurate, what follow up action will be taken regarding who gave that instruction and how will the club act with Police Scotland in making sure those responsible are met with the disciplinary action such a decision would merit?

Another vote for safe standing.

Also feel the match day experience is pretty poor. People have been complaining about the music for years now, it´s something so easy to change but the club appear to be reluctant to change it. I do not want to be hearing the likes of Katie Perry or Justin Bieber 15 mins before kick off, there is a wealth of good Rangers songs yet we choose to ignore them. I don´t know if this is a tactic to draw in the younger fans but I assure you no one is coming to Ibrox to listen to chart music. We´re there for Rangers, nothing else.
The pre match music/build up is embarrassingly bad. I don't think the club care about it, there are literally no excuses for it being so poor yet we're still subjected to it every week. I'd rather stand outside the stand until 5 minutes before kick off than go inside the ground. That's how bad it is.

Safe Standing no1 priority

Date & time changes to games, fans are travelling from all around UK and beyond. Website is abysmal trying to figure out whether it is safe to book advanced travel to try and get reasonable price. Factoring in potential match changes due to progression in Cups, TV schedule, Europe, etc. is a nightmare.

Police Scotland treatment of our fans in general. Groin Brigade attendance, singing at a Colts game.

Catering

@Greg Marshall

6 pages deep and having a look back over the thread so far all it seems like you have done is answer the easy stuff.

It's been my criticism of the SLO for a long time. It is all well and good helping Janet get her purse back, or sorting out tickets for Jimmy from Bellside who lost his. That is great work, and credit is due.

Do I maybe not understand your role/remit though?

The reason I ask is that time and time again, when the really big issues that cause frustrations are discussed, you are nowhere to be seen? Neither is the club and we continue to be frustrated.

Match day atmosphere
Safe standing
Ticketing
Catering
Tax case
Fans feeling worthwhile
Match day store.

I know individuals will have their own issues, but on reading the thread these are recurring and have quite a bit of emotion attached by posters.

I have no idea what the clubs position is on these.

As SLO I assumed you had one foot in our camp, another in the club/board.

Personally though, it just doesn't seem like it.

So, have I got it wrong, am I perhaps inflating your role? If so apologies, and I would encourage other posters to aim their issues a bit lower on the scale, like bottled water and fixing broken bits of wood.

Or do you have a real line to the board and we can be assured that the big important stuff will ne addresses?

What is it?

For context in order to achieve the highest licensing criteria, the club is obliged to appoint and an SLO, however that appointment can take many forms. In many clubs, the SLO role is a tack on to ticketing or marketing, in others its a volunteer role. The club has taken my role seriously and appointed me in a full-time position.

We have had the survey 2 years in a row. The fan update addressed much of the reactions to the first survey and the results of the second survey are influencing decisions. The issues in this thread have been discussed internally and many have pending solutions that will be revealed at the right time.

Safe Standing is complicated by many factors - including our club record ST sales. The club understands there is a demand for it among an element of the support.

Based on your post, are the pending solutions likely to be announced in the coming months or more long term?

1. Matchday Catering. Its poor.
2. Fan zone. Needs to be a nicer environment/better quality.
3. PR. See the HMRC story last week. Limited response from the club. Generally we're behind the curve on these things.
4. Communication. Really poor. Yesterday for example. Tweet sent out that there would be pay at the gate. There wasn't and no communication at the turnstiles to explain what was going on.
5. Stewarding/policing. Seems a bizarre mixture of over zealous or completely inadequate. Yesterday for example. How do the green brigade get into that game.

@Greg Marshall

6 pages deep and having a look back over the thread so far all it seems like you have done is answer the easy stuff.

It's been my criticism of the SLO for a long time. It is all well and good helping Janet get her purse back, or sorting out tickets for Jimmy from Bellside who lost his. That is great work, and credit is due.

The reason I ask is that time and time again, when the really big issues that cause frustrations are discussed, you are nowhere to be seen? Neither is the club and we continue to be frustrated.

Match day atmosphere
Safe standing
Ticketing
Catering
Tax case
Fans feeling worthwhile
Match day store.

I know individuals will have their own issues, but on reading the thread these are recurring and have quite a bit of emotion attached by posters.

So, have I got it wrong, am I perhaps inflating your role? If so apologies, and I would encourage other posters to aim their issues a bit lower on the scale, like bottled water and fixing broken bits of wood.

Or do you have a real line to the board and we can be assured that the big important stuff will ne addresses?

What is it?
Not sure you can blame the slo for the tax case or the match day store. Those issues are mired in legal debates.

Communication. I tried to enquire about hospitality for the league cup final. The only information I had came from a flier that someone had posted on here. The number on the flier was wrong, my mate got through via the correct number, but was told all packages were sold out. Rangers tweeted two days later to say all hospitality packages were sold out.

I'd looked on the website on Thursday and couldn't see anything in regards to hospitality for the game. I think our website is embarrassing in comparison with other clubs, a website should be user-friendly and have up-to-date information.

The quality of our football management staff is the best in Scotland and a match for the EPL. The quality of our reputation management staff should be brought to an equivalent level. Particularly in the hostile environment we are forced to operate in we need a heavy hitter to defend and promote the club's interests on and off the pitch.

I haven't read through the entire thread and I'm sure all the important points have been raised over and over. So I would like to know - is there such a thing as a waiting list for season tickets, if there is , how can I check my place on it, or is it really as i believe, a free for all every year.

The club should be seeking answers from organisations like FARE about their obvious imbalance of reporting on our games in Europe compared with others and one in particular.Their is a clear agenda from them in regards to their views on our fans and it seems the organisation is completely polluted with people who are fans of a certain untouchable club. I'm sure all fans would like to know why we are singled out by Fare and the real reason why.

Have the board nd commercial dept considered visiting EPL and other european leagues to see how they do it. The bundesliga experience is top notch

I hope the club take notes on how the atmosphere and entertainment will be at De Kuip. Our board could learn a thing or two above creating an atmosphere and actually wanting to go into the stadium early. The board and security at Rangers would happily see us turn into an old mans club with no atmosphere, no safe standing, like a library and politically correct.

@Greg Marshall

Match day atmosphere
Safe standing
Ticketing
Catering
Tax case
Fans feeling worthwhile
Match day store.

What is it?

When the club reveals big changes/improvements I think it’s important to appreciate it won’t be via myself on FF. Obviously I am aware of things going on but until the club is ready to announce these things then I’m not in a position to comment other than to acknowledge the issue. So many of the “are we doing something about this” type of question will be revealed. Remember the AGM is coming up and generally it’s a good time for a supporter update

My remit is broad and the volume is very high as you can expect from a club with one of the largest supports in the UK. Regularly I do have to help out ‘Janet’ - though they should go to customer services in the first instance. I’ve spent countless hours this week on ticketing queries - again the should go to ticketing in the first place but many choose not to. It’s hard trying to get the balance between individual fans and big picture.

When the club reveals big changes/improvements I think it’s important to appreciate it won’t be via myself on FF. Obviously I am aware of things going on but until the club is ready to announce these things then I’m not in a position to comment other than to acknowledge the issue. So many of the “are we doing something about this” type of question will be revealed. Remember the AGM is coming up and generally it’s a good time for a supporter update

My remit is broad and the volume is very high as you can expect from a club with one of the largest supports in the UK. Regularly I do have to help out ‘Janet’ - though they should go to customer services in the first instance. I’ve spent countless hours this week on ticketing queries - again the should go to ticketing in the first place but many choose not to. It’s hard trying to get the balance between individual fans and big picture.
I wrote to you last season regarding a ticketing issue Greg as I thought it was a case of poor treatment.
I also chose to write to you as I've previously had issues with the ticket office lying to my bank to get money and insisting I'd received tickets which I clearly hadn't.
Perhaps not your remit as you say, but I simply didn't trust the ticket office to sort out their own mistake given my previous dealings.

For the record, I'm still waiting on a reply from you both.

Tbf you started a thread on FF asking for input from fans.

What’s being done to improve the catering. Could the club inform us when the contract with Elior is up? Still can’t pay by card, which is a bugbear.

When are we getting safe standing? (Yes I know, the topic is getting boring now but it should be viewed as a priority)

We require more transparency from the board. Be honest with the fans, why has the safe standing issue dragged on for so long, be open with us.

Can we move the smaller teams fans away from the corner? It’s losing us a lot of money when teams like Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone, Ross County etc take up a meagre amount of their allocation. Can we move them up to the club deck in the top corner and give our fans the better seats, it would also save segregation costs. Not to mention increase our profits on match day. It’s also an eyesore on TV seeing all the empty seats.
It also looks empty on tv so move the smaller allocation away from cameras.

For context in order to achieve the highest licensing criteria, the club is obliged to appoint and an SLO, however that appointment can take many forms. In many clubs, the SLO role is a tack on to ticketing or marketing, in others its a volunteer role. The club has taken my role seriously and appointed me in a full-time position.

We have had the survey 2 years in a row. The fan update addressed much of the reactions to the first survey and the results of the second survey are influencing decisions. The issues in this thread have been discussed internally and many have pending solutions that will be revealed at the right time.

Safe Standing is complicated by many factors - including our club record ST sales. The club understands there is a demand for it among an element of the support.
"Safe Standing is complicated by many factors - including our club record ST sales. The club understands there is a demand for it among an element of the support."

I would suggest that safe standing is wanted and needed by the VAST MAJORITY of our support, not just an element, with the possible exception of a few thousand selfish ST holders in the Copland Front.

1 :1.8 ratios currently used in Germany must be perused with extreme vigilance to solve the relocation of these ST holders problems.

Something I would highlight is the Rangers website and the RTV website also. Both need a major overhaul from scratch as the design is horrendous and not user friendly at all. Mobile site is also very poor.

"Safe Standing is complicated by many factors - including our club record ST sales. The club understands there is a demand for it among an element of the support."

I would suggest that safe standing is wanted and needed by the VAST MAJORITY of our support, not just an element, with the possible exception of a few thousand selfish ST holders in the Copland Front.

1 :1.8 ratios currently used in Germany must be perused with extreme vigilance to solve the relocation of these ST holders problems.

Whilst The Green Guide (the ‘official‘ guide) does allow increased numbers for safe standing, in practice, in the UK, only 1:1 has been permitted.

This extract is from a Govt sponsored review earlier this year (Page 24).

“Although the current edition of the Green Guide would allow for standing capacity to be greater than seating capacity, where dual purpose seating options have been installed in the UK, unlike in Germany, there has been no increase in capacity when configured for standing.“

“Any increase in capacity would be dependent on meeting stringent safety guidelines, particularly that rows must have sufficient depth to safely accommodate extra spectators. It is therefore unclear as to whether the introduction of standing areas in current all-seater stadia could increase crowd numbers. The EFL state that the current occupancy rate is around 60% at their clubs, and that therefore in the majority of cases, any standing areas would not replace seats in regular use.

I also understand from an earlier response, some months ago, from @Greg Marshall that one significant issue we have at Ibrox is the depth of the terracing steps on which our seats are mounted, since a specific depth is required for rail seating at all - and for rail seating in excess of 1:1 even deeper steps are required.

I’m all in favour of safe standing but, from a technical point of view, it may not be quite as simple as many imagine. In the first instance, though, there has to be the desire from the Club to implement it, then potential issues can be costed.

I would recommend that supporters read the update if they haven’t already.

I think some people seem to misunderstand the SLO's remit. I don't think it's "Executive in charge of fixing everything the fans are unhappy about ". More like an additional channel for communication between the fans and the club. If he passes on everything the fans raise with him, and passes back the answer (where that is not being handled by a department of the club), he's done his job.

I'm aware that this is hardly a priority one issue but, how about a couple more wall mounted TVs in Bar 72? You can barely see the current ones for the lights dangling above the tables.

Whilst The Green Guide (the ‘official‘ guide) does allow increased numbers for safe standing, in practice, in the UK, only 1:1 has been permitted.

This extract is from a Govt sponsored review earlier this year (Page 24).

“Although the current edition of the Green Guide would allow for standing capacity to be greater than seating capacity, where dual purpose seating options have been installed in the UK, unlike in Germany, there has been no increase in capacity when configured for standing.“

“Any increase in capacity would be dependent on meeting stringent safety guidelines, particularly that rows must have sufficient depth to safely accommodate extra spectators. It is therefore unclear as to whether the introduction of standing areas in current all-seater stadia could increase crowd numbers. The EFL state that the current occupancy rate is around 60% at their clubs, and that therefore in the majority of cases, any standing areas would not replace seats in regular use.

I also understand from an earlier response, some months ago, from @Greg Marshall that one significant issue we have at Ibrox is the depth of the terracing steps on which our seats are mounted, since a specific depth is required for rail seating at all - and for rail seating in excess of 1:1 even deeper steps are required.

I’m all in favour of safe standing but, from a technical point of view, it may not be quite as simple as many imagine. In the first instance, though, there has to be the desire from the Club to implement it, then potential issues can be costed.
If the Germans can do it, we can do it, we're not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

We would need to lobby hard against the government though.

Doesn't know how to work a crowd . Same old tired songs played over the tannoy with the dreaded megamix still being played . Too lazy to read out the substitutes , tells you to check the screens , which half the stadium can’t see . No score lines from around the country at halftime . It’s as if we are stuck in 1990 with no imagination or effort put into the build up to the game . The match day experience is really poor and has been for years .
Its a great point

Back