Quick question on slaven bilic...

BigYin72

Has he ever won anyhing at all as a manager? A guick google suggests no but surely hes won at least 1 trophy ??

Don't think so.

Led Lokomotiv to their worst Russian Premier league finish and got sacked after one season, then done nothing with Besiktas, then went to West Ham.

Pretty poor record as a club manager.

Club wise he hasn't been great but was he not pretty decent with Croatia?
In saying that they had some good players at that time.

I always felt he lived off early "success" with Croatia (pumping England).

But towards the end were they not really poor? Kinda has a reputation without actually doing that much. If he wasn't an ex West Ham player I doubt he would have got the job.

Lots of enthusiasm & charisma but the winning of trophies and consistently good, winning football is lacking.

I don’t really see Bilic as the answer. He’s had a pretty underwhelming managerial career. Could we be the place where everything just clicks? Possible, but unlikely, and another big risk.

Don't think so.

Led Lokomotiv to their worst Russian Premier league finish and got sacked after one season, then done nothing with Besiktas, then went to West Ham.

Pretty poor record as a club manager.
Yup, I don’t want him, as nice as it would been to see him leather the shit out of Broonaldo.

i a think we must be the most confused fans over what manager we want

Fans’ wants:

- Title winning pedigree with many trophies to the name
- A universally recognisable name
- Tactically flexible but also has a vision/style of play
- Must have intricate knowledge of the club/Scottish football/British football (delete as appropriate)
- Career is on an upward trajectory and has zero failures in their past
- A well regarded coach who can get the most out of the current crop of players ie isn’t a chequebook manager

Sorry folks but I don’t see us hitting all of that on our budget operating in the league we are in

He done well with Croatia and is a bit of a character in the game (as such) which seems to make him more appealing to some folk.

Fans’ wants:

- Title winning pedigree with many trophies to the name
- A universally recognisable name
- Tactically flexible but also has a vision/style of play
- Must have intricate knowledge of the club/Scottish football/British football (delete as appropriate)
- Career is on an upward trajectory and has zero failures in their past
- A well regarded coach who can get the most out of the current crop of players ie isn’t a chequebook manager

Sorry folks but I don’t see us hitting all of that on our budget operating in the league we are in

Know ye of such a man?

The only real success he has had is being West ham's best manager in the EPL era (statistically speaking).
Points per game:

Back