Quick questions regards Hibs at both Ibrox and Easter Road.

Manhattan_Loyalist

I know we're not giving tickets to Hibs for the upcoming game at Ibrox due to the season ticket holders in the red zone having to be moved and accommodated.

However, Celtic are playing them in a few weeks at Easter Road.

If they give Celtic an allocation, do they then need to give us an allocation too because if they don't need to accommodate their own red zone season ticket holders for the Celtic game, then they won't need to do it for us, either? surely?

If they give Celtic an allocation but not us - surely that's against the rules and victimisation because the justification for them not doing so simply isn't there.

Obviously this could be a moot point come December when we go to Easter Road if the last of the rules get relaxed and there's no need for any red zone areas in stadiums by that point.

Manhattan_Loyalist

How is is against the rules and victimisation to not give tickets to a club that aren’t giving any to you ffs?
Because the rules are you need to give the visiting team a reasonable allocation.

We can't give teams a reasonable allocation because we need to move our red zone season ticket holders and accommodate them - therefore it can't be done.

If they can give Celtic an allocation then they have no justification for not giving us, surely. Because they obviously don't have a red zone and a stadium full of season ticket holders.

You can't just not give a team an allocation for no reason?

So put your little "ffs" away and read what I've asked properly.

BobbyShearer

Because the rules are you need to give the visiting team a reasonable allocation.

We can't give teams a reasonable allocation because we need to move our red zone season ticket holders and accommodate them - therefore it can't be done.

If they can give Celtic an allocation then they have no justification for not giving us, surely.

I did.

You used the word victimisation.

Being given the same treatment as you are giving others is not victimisation.
I think they’d be daft to not take the money but let’s not pretend this isn’t the real world.

Manhattan_Loyalist

Hibs would need a good reason not to give an allocation at Easter Road

We might have reduced one if the players are still using the South Stand as a changing room
Yeah that’s what I think, I think they’ll maybe reduce it like they did previously to stay within the rules but also get it up us.

I think it’s a bit of a myth too that teams want the blue pound therefore they’ll give us tickets - they’ve proved loads through the years from voting us out the leagues, to reduced allocations to even knocking back player bids that their distain for Rangers outweighs income

Zbno12

It’s going to come back and bite us not giving teams an away allocation at Ibrox imo. There is enough empty seats to move the red zone season ticket holders to and still have enough for an away allocation I reckon.

Tailwind

I did.

You used the word victimisation.

Being given the same treatment as you are giving others is not victimisation.
I think they’d be daft to not take the money but let’s not pretend this isn’t the real world.
You are missing a pretty obvious and key point in his argument. Whether you are doing so deliberately I am unsure.

2fernando

Official Ticketer
There are sufficient seats at Ibrox to seat red zone seats and away fans. We were willing to give the mhutants their allocation if they could guarantee ours, as such there must be space

rangeral

It’s going to come back and bite us not giving teams an away allocation at Ibrox imo. There is enough empty seats to move the red zone season ticket holders to and still have enough for an away allocation I reckon.
After ST sold the remaining seating capacity is used

Club use
Hospitality
RSC Allocations
Public sale for single games
Away fans & segregation

So those tickets have to be taken from somewhere and from the club operational point of view that is the current away section far easier to administrate then find say 1000 of whatever the number affected throughout the stadium

Simply moving a block of fans to another available block

This isn't Rangers or any other club fault just we don't have the luxury like other clubs since very little impact is been made with those clubs

Gibraltar Loyal

I know we're not giving tickets to Hibs for the upcoming game at Ibrox due to the season ticket holders in the red zone having to be moved and accommodated.

However, Celtic are playing them in a few weeks at Easter Road.

If they give Celtic an allocation, do they then need to give us an allocation too because if they don't need to accommodate their own red zone season ticket holders for the Celtic game, then they won't need to do it for us, either? surely?

If they give Celtic an allocation but not us - surely that's against the rules and victimisation because the justification for them not doing so simply isn't there.

Obviously this could be a moot point come December when we go to Easter Road if the last of the rules get relaxed and there's no need for any red zone areas in stadiums by that point.
Are celtic getting tickets?

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Hibs would need a good reason not to give an allocation at Easter Road

We might have reduced one if the players are still using the South Stand as a changing room
Yup, that’s what’s going to happen at Motherwell, for example. Away team still changing in the Away Stand area. Haven’t seen if Hibs are still doing that this season but I expect they will be.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
There are sufficient seats at Ibrox to seat red zone seats and away fans. We were willing to give the mhutants their allocation if they could guarantee ours, as such there must be space
They did that early in the season, with those relocated spread around the Main Stand. However, they were then inundated with complaints about Restricted View seats. Understandably, in my view.

mountloyal

Given that the rules insist that an away allocation is granted they would

We have already have despite what was due to happened regarding the Celtic game last month
There is no rule. Otherwise the scum would have been at our stadium.
There are rules regarding Scottish Cup games.

Manhattan_Loyalist

This is what I'm trying to say though, due to these red zone regulations the rule is obviously waived in the short-term while we're under restrictions.

Maybe I'm just shite at explaining the question or folk are missing what's being asked.

I'm sure there's a rule that away support must be given a reasonable allocation, if not, then surely we'd have just locked the rat catchers out of Ibrox years ago.

Not remember Charles Green was going to do something similar with a team, might have been Motherwell the 2-0 win at Ibrox after we got fired down the leagues but the bodies got involved and said we had to give them an allocation.

london_bluenose

Official Ticketer
Incorrect. There is a rule. Clubs need to provide a reasonable away allocation.

We have used covid red zone as a reason why we cannot currently do that.

Billiericky

I have no issue if other clubs don't want to offer tickets to away fans.

I have no issue if Rangers don't want to offer tickets to other clubs.

I can understand that Hibs fans will find a game against the Champions more appealing than a game against a club that won nothing last season. Hibs may be able to sell out without us being present.

We may not get offered tickets for Fester Road. Good.

Unicorn

It's a fair point but any complaints about victimisation will be moot as any reduced, or even no, allocation can always be justified as the rule obviously doesn't take into account the extraordinary circumstances of red zones, etc. We have, despite the fact we were willing to offer Celtic their allocation.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
St Mirren had fans at Easter Road.

I'm pretty sure Hibs will want the money from our away support.

Ray Von

Was this actually ever confirmed by the club or was it just the Daily Record reporting this?

rangeral

I27

The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding

However no club can appeal to the SPFL board currently to enforce us to supply them an allocation as the reason is outwith their rules

TN8

Are Livi getting an allocation tonight?

Not sure I completely understand why we can do it for Cup and Euro games but not the league.

rangeral

Not sure I completely understand why we can do it for Cup and Euro games but not the league.
Yes

We can as we can meet the demand of our fans different in the League games

Ray Von

Because not all season ticket holders take up cup and European games, therefore we can set an away allocation.

rangeral

Can see Hearts and Hibs telling us to bolt if we don't give them tickets and they are quite right to do so.
We haven't give Hibs tickets and Hearts probably as well, this isn't our fault

If they don't give us tickets they have give a reason as it breaches the rules

Orange Peel

We haven't give Hibs tickets and Hearts probably as well, this isn't our fault

If they don't give us tickets they have give a reason as it breaches the rules
I don't know the ins and outs of it mate but can see both coming up with reasons not to give us any.

Boldvale

Official Ticketer

If they can give Celtic an allocation then they have no justification for not giving us, surely. Because they obviously don't have a red zone and a stadium full of season ticket holders.

It will be tit for tat, no matter how much you want a ticket. Rangers were prepared to give the beasts 800 tickets but they wouldn't promise to give us the same.

Manhattan_Loyalist

It will be tit for tat, no matter how much you want a ticket. Rangers were prepared to give the beasts 800 tickets but they wouldn't promise to give us the same.
How can it be fit for tat if there’s a rule that they must provide a reasonable amount of tickets unless they need to accommodate their own red zone season ticket holders

It’s not a question of me wanting a ticket I don’t do domestic games anymore but I’m genuinely curious how Hibs would get around it if they were to give Celtic tickets in a couple weeks

Boldvale

Official Ticketer
How can it be fit for tat if there’s a rule that they must provide a reasonable amount of tickets unless they need to accommodate their own red zone season ticket holders

It’s not a question of me wanting a ticket I don’t do domestic games anymore but I’m genuinely curious how Hibs would get around it if they were to give Celtic tickets in a couple weeks
We must have 800 seats available throughout the stadium, because we offered the beasts 800 in the corner, like I said they wouldn't guarantee us the same deal so we pulled the plug. Lyon had fans in the corner last week.

rangeral

We must have 800 seats available throughout the stadium, because we offered the beasts 800 in the corner, like I said they wouldn't guarantee us the same deal so we pulled the plug. Lyon had fans in the corner last week.
As I posted the breakdown after season ticket sales

Those tickets have to come from somewhere

So either no RSC allocations or public sales, would have rely on Seatsub to accommodate away fans
So the club are prepared to shaft our own fans?

Non ST games away fans can be accommodated as the impact of this isn't felt

EOS

They’ll probably give us half the stand like in the 5-5 game, citing increased sales from their own fans. There were plenty of empty seats in the other half of the stand that day but they won’t care, they need to save face.

Rangers72

Official Ticketer
Hibs and Motherwell I think we will only have half of the away stands due to them being used as the away dressing room. Can see us only getting half of the away stand at Hearts as well, Aberdeen will try their best to reduce our allocation as well no doubt.

Barca Bear

I believe every team has to have a red zone by law,
the mandatory giving away fans tickets has been suspended during the red zone being in use.

BobbyShearer

Try reading the OP again

Yep. Still that use of the word victimisation that kills it.

You are missing a pretty obvious and key point in his argument. Whether you are doing so deliberately I am unsure.

Don’t think I am.
If it’s regards to Celtic then the bulk of my argument has been addressed in the subsequent replies by others.

We effectively can provide an allocation. We are choosing not to due to the inconvenience both to our own fans and from an administrative point of view.(I dare say the cost of policing and stewarding will be a consideration)
All valid.
Squealing victimisation like spoiled weans because we don’t receive an allocation for the corresponding fixture and other clubs have a reciprocal arrangement is just pathetic IMO.

Yosser

Yes, you can refuse to give any team an allocation. We've just done it!
We were giving the scum 800 if they'd guarantee the same. We all know what happened. There was no mention of red zone.
If we don't give hibs any then Petrie will make sure we don't get any away support.
We can hardly complain.

bluestory

Hearts have been housing their red zone affected ST's in the away stand so we might not get the full stand unless they move them like they did the Hibs match.

They might have a special agreement with Hibs so not necessarily a precedent.

Tailwind

Yep. Still that use of the word victimisation that kills it.

Don’t think I am.
If it’s regards to Celtic then the bulk of my argument has been addressed in the subsequent replies by others.

We effectively can provide an allocation. We are choosing not to due to the inconvenience both to our own fans and from an administrative point of view.(I dare say the cost of policing and stewarding will be a consideration)
All valid.
Squealing victimisation like spoiled weans because we don’t receive an allocation for the corresponding fixture and other clubs have a reciprocal arrangement is just pathetic IMO.
I stand by my previous post. You are chopping his argument in half and then attacking that half. If you wilfully choose to ignore the rest of his argument that’s neither here nor there,

Its pretty obvious what he’s asking and you are choosing to only address part of it and in doing so changing his argument to something it is not.

No one is squealing victimisation here. The only person who comes across as squealing is you.