Quick RTV VPN Questions

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been working away from home for a bit, so this is first time I’ve had to use RTV in the UK for a bit. So...

1) Do we now need to leave the VPN switched on? I used to turn it off as soon as the stream started, but when I’m doing that today the stream stops after a few seconds. It doesn’t when I leave the VPN on.

2) Is it getting more difficult to find a country that works on RTV with your VPN? I had to try loads before I found a country that works.

Thanks!

What VPN are you using?

I paid for Nord (3 year deal works out at about £2 a month) and it’s been solid!

generally I leave mine on, but with a free one that may not be an option

The new player seemingly requires you to leave the VPN switched on.

As regards countries, I generally visit The Netherlands or, at a pinch, France or Belgium. No issues whatsoever.

I think you've answered your own question.

I’ve been working away from home for a bit, so this is first time I’ve had to use RTV in the UK for a bit. So...

1) Do we now need to leave the VPN switched on? I used to turn it off as soon as the stream started, but when I’m doing that today the stream stops after a few seconds. It doesn’t when I leave the VPN on.

2) Is it getting more difficult to find a country that works on RTV with your VPN? I had to try loads before I found a country that works.

Thanks!

ZenMate Ultimate, a paid-for VPN.

Looks like I’m now having to leave it on. Had to visit Sweden for this one.

VPN needs to be on at all times.
Sounds to me like they’re actively making harder for people in UK to access games. If they’ve been leaned on to do this I can understand, if they’re doing this of their own back then someone should be losing their job.

Back