Quickest hat-rick scored by a Rangers player?

Gardiner 9 minutes (66, 68, 75,) v Stirling Albion 1954. He scored a 4th in the 81st minute. Final score 6-1.
That’ll be tough to beat.

Out of curiosity, have you pulled that from a book. I’m fairly certain I have a book that provides info on every match after a certain period, but can’t be bothered going to get it :))

Against his old team Hibs, not sure.

Was that not the game Willie Henderson also scored with a header in a 6-1 rout?
What made that hat-trick all the sweeter was that just a few days before Rangers signed Colin Stein, Hibs had wanted to sell him to Everton for ninety thousand, but the bold Colin refused to sign, as he wanted to play for Rangers.

What made that hat-trick all the sweeter was that just a few days before Rangers signed Colin Stein, Hibs had wanted to sell him to Everton for ninety thousand, but the bold Colin refused to sign, as he wanted to play for Rangers.
Do you mean they were willing to do themselves out of 10k, to prevent him joining a rival, or was this prior to our offer?

Nowhere near the quickest but the first 2 of Laffertys goals won us the league before i opened a can of beer...

Yeah im sorry op. I know thats not the answer you wanted. But i had to mention it. Was the quickest a title has been won in one match in my life time.

Was Lafferty’s third not the last goal?

Yeah, but the first team were 3-0 up in 7 mins. Lafferty x2 and Naismith i think?

Assuming thats what the lad meant. I could be wrong

(*i appreciate now, he may have meant a starters hattrick. I apologise, if so.)

Since much of this thread is about Colin Stein: in his 3rd game, against Dundalk, he scored twice - and he also hit the post, so he just missed out on scoring three hat-tricks in his first three games !!
Was there not a hat-trick he scored round about that time for Scotland as well?

Colin Stein obviously was the shortest, though the quickest might well be Jim Forrest who scored a Hat Trick in the opening 13 mins against St Johnstone (3,11, 13) on August 29 1964 in a League Cup tie, that Rangers won 3-1.
Two weeks earlier Forrest had scored 4 goals against St Johnstone.
This was Forrest's Third Hat Trick in two weeks.
In between the two v St Johnstone, he scored three at Pittodrie in a 4-3 win on Aug 22nd.

Not Rangers related, but I believe Ian St John whilst at Motherwell recorded a Hat Trick in 150 seconds!

Back