Quiz Hat Trick Heroes

MO_TxTruBlu

HAT TRICK HEROES HISTORY QUIZ

This is a toughie.....27 Questions, 50 Answers

If you get at least half of these correct, you are indeed a damn good Rangers man (or a sneaky wee cheat) ;)

1. Name the last 3 Rangers players to score a Hat Trick in the League.

2. Alfredo Morelos was the last Rangers player to score 4 Goals in a single match.
Name the last two players to achieve this for Rangers, before Alfredo.

3. Who was the first player to score a Hat Trick in Dick Advocaat's tenure?

4. Who scored our last Hat trick of the 20th Century?

5. Name the 3 Rangers players to have recorded Hat Tricks in different centuries

6. Who was the last Northern Ireland International to score a Hat Trick for Rangers?

7. I am the only Rangers player who can lay claim to recording Hat Tricks in a Hat Trick of decades (1930's, 40's and 50's)

8. Between Jan 2006 and Dec 2009 Kris Boyd recorded 8 Hat Tricks (no other player scored a Hat Trick during that time).
The previous 8 Hat Tricks recorded by Rangers (2001-05) were scored by 8 different players. Name them.

9. I was the only foreign player to record a Hat Trick between Johhny Hubbard in 1958 and Erik Bo Anderson in 1996.

10. 1995-96. Who scored Rangers first hat trick in the League in almost three years?

11. 1975-76. Name the only player to score a hat trick in this memorable Treble winning season

12. Ralph Brand was the first Rangers player to record a Hat Trick in European competition, Jimmy Millar was the second.
Who were the next two players to achieve this.

13. Between 1985 and Sept 1990 Rangers recorded 20 Hat Tricks. McCoist got 13, Fleck got 4,
Name the other 3 players who scored Hat Tricks during this period.

14. Between Derek Johnstone's last Hat Trick (1978), and Ally McCoist's first Hat Trick in 1984,
Six different Rangers players recorded Hat Tricks. Name them.

15. I scored 4 Hat Tricks in 4 different domestic competitions between 1969-71

16. So what, I scored 4 Hat Tricks in 4 different competitions in a Single season in the 1960's

17. In 1964 Rangers recorded Double Hat Tricks (2 players scoring 3 goals in a single game) in three different games.
Which player recorded Hat Tricks in all three games?

18. I scored 5 Hat Tricks in 5 months in the 65-66 season.

19. I scored a second half Hat Trick on my Rangers debut, and would go on to score 115 goals for the Club.

20. I came off the bench to score a second half Hat Trick, and missed a penalty.

21. I scored a second half Hat trick in my first Cup Final, and I also recorded Hat Tricks on 3 consecutive Saturdays,
as a teenager.

22. Name the 4 players to record Hat Tricks in Scot Symon's first season in charge (1954-55)

23. 1943 is best remembered for our record 8-1 win v Celtic on New Years Day, but we also beat them 8-1 on agg.
(4-0, 4-1) that very same year, in the two legged Summer Cup, and I recorded a Hat Trick in the 4-1 second leg.
I would go on to score 20 Goals in my next 10 appearances for the Club (including 3 more Hat Tricks).
I made no 'official' appearances for Rangers, but scored 58 Goals in 62 Games, during the war years.

24. I recorded my first Hat Trick in the 1928 Scottish Cup. I would go on to record 10 more Hat tricks in the next 10 years.
I played alongside Andy Cunningham, Jimmy Fleming, Sam English, Jimmy Smith and Willie Thornton.

25. I recorded 20 Hat Tricks between 1927 and 1929.

26. I was signed by William Wilton, and would go on to record 13 Hat Tricks in Mr Struth's first 5 seasons.

27. I only played for Rangers for a six month period in the 1909-10 season, scoring 19 Goals in 17 League games.
More than a century later, I am still 1 of only 13 Rangers players, who can claim Hat Tricks in different decades!

1. Morelos, Miller, Windass
2. Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd
3. Amato
4. Billy Dodds
5. Kenny Miller, RC Hamilton and RG Campbell
6. Lafferty
7. Willie Thornton
8. Billy Dodds, Flo, Averladze, Cannigia, Prso, Novo, Mols, JJ?
9. Don Kichenbrand
10. Ally McCoist
11. Derek Johnstone
12. Davie Macpherson Robert Fleck
13. Mark Hateley, Gordon Durie, Mark Falco
14. John Macdonald Andy Kennedy Iain Ferguson Davie Cooper
15. Willie Johnston
16. Colin Stein
17. Ralph Brand
18. Jim Forrest
19. Colin Stein
20. Willie Johnston
21. Jim Forrest
22. Johnny Hubbard Billy Simpson Alex Scott & ?
23. ?
24. Bob McPhail
25. Jimmy Fleming
26. George Henderson
27. ?

The next answer is I am away for a drink

1. Jig, Aluko, Morelos
2. Redford, Cooper
3. Albertz
4.Albertz
5.Willie Thornton, Willie Waddell ?
6.Billy Simpson
7.Willie Thornton
8.Dodds, Novo, Ferguson,Albertz,Cannigia,Wallace,Amato, JJ
9.Orjan Persson
10. Gordon Durie
11. Sandy Jardine
12. George McLean, Dave McPherson
13. Mark Hateley, Mark Falco, Mo Johnston
14. Smith,Russell,Cooper,McPherson,Mitchell,Clark
15. Bud Johnston
16.Jim Forrest
17.George McLean.
18.Jim Forrest
19.Colin Stein
20.Bud Johnston
21.Jim Forrest
22.Simpson, Hubbard,Kitchenbrand,Brand
23.Charlie Johnston.
24.Bob McPhail
25.Andy Cunningham
26.Sandy Arvhibald
27. ?

Damn hard quiz without cheating Mo!

1. Morelos, Miller, Windass
2. Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd
3. Amato
4. Billy Dodds
5. Kenny Miller, RC Hamilton and RG Campbell
6. Lafferty
7. Willie Thornton
8. Billy Dodds, Flo, Averladze, Cannigia, Prso, Novo, Mols, JJ?
9. Don Kichenbrand
10. Ally McCoist
11. Derek Johnstone
12. Davie Macpherson Robert Fleck
13. Mark Hateley, Gordon Durie, Mark Falco
14. John Macdonald Andy Kennedy Iain Ferguson Davie Cooper
15. Willie Johnston
16. Colin Stein
17. Ralph Brand
18. Jim Forrest
19. Colin Stein
20. Willie Johnston
21. Jim Forrest
22. Johnny Hubbard Billy Simpson Alex Scott & ?
23. ?
24. Bob McPhail
25. Jimmy Fleming
26. George Henderson
27. ?

The next answer is I am away for a drink

That was quick and seriously impressive,
I make it 21 correct out of 50
That is pretty close to half.

You have set the bar :))
You will be a tough act to follow

Defoe (2), Arfield, Windass

2. Alfredo Morelos was the last Rangers player to score 4 Goals in a single match.

Nicky Clark, Jon Daly

Albertz

Jonathon Johansson

5. Name the 3 Rangers players to have recorded Hat Tricks in different centuries

RC Hamilton, Finlay Speedie, Rod Wallace

6. Who was the last Northern Ireland International to score a Hat Trick for Rangers?

Dean Shiels

7. I am the only Rangers player who can lay claim to recording Hat Tricks in a Hat Trick of decades (1930's, 40's and 50's)

Thornton

8. Between Jan 2006 and Dec 2009 Kris Boyd recorded 8 Hat Tricks (no other player scored a Hat Trick during that time).
The previous 8 Hat Tricks recorded by Rangers (2001-05) were scored by 8 different players. Name them.

Flo, B Dodds, McCann, Cannigia, Averladze, B Ferguson, Nerlinger, Lovenkrands

9. I was the only foreign player to record a Hat Trick between Johhny Hubbard in 1958 and Erik Bo Anderson in 1996.

Orjan Persson

10. 1995-96. Who scored Rangers first hat trick in the League in almost three years?

Durie

11. 1975-76. Name the only player to score a hat trick in this memorable Treble winning season

Jardine

12. Ralph Brand was the first Rangers player to record a Hat Trick in European competition, Jimmy Millar was the second.

Dave McPherson, John McDonald

13. Between 1985 and Sept 1990 Rangers recorded 20 Hat Tricks. McCoist got 13, Fleck got 4,

Williamson, Fraser, Falco

14. Between Derek Johnstone's last Hat Trick (1978), and Ally McCoist's first Hat Trick in 1984,

Russell, J McDonald, Redford, Dalziel, D Cooper, McPherson

Willie Johnston

16. So what, I scored 4 Hat Tricks in 4 different competitions in a Single season in the 1960's

Jimmy Millar

17. In 1964 Rangers recorded Double Hat Tricks (2 players scoring 3 goals in a single game) in three different games.

Brand

George McLean

19. I scored a second half Hat Trick on my Rangers debut, and would go on to score 115 goals for the Club.

Alex Scott

20. I came off the bench to score a second half Hat Trick, and missed a penalty.

Willie Johnston

21. I scored a second half Hat trick in my first Cup Final, and I also recorded Hat Tricks on 3 consecutive Saturdays,
as a teenager.

Jim Forrest

22. Name the 4 players to record Hat Tricks in Scot Symon's first season in charge (1954-55)

Simpson, Gardiner, Hubbard, Scott

23. 1943 is best remembered for our record 8-1 win v Celtic on New Years Day, but we also beat them 8-1 on agg.
(4-0, 4-1) that very same year, in the two legged Summer Cup, and I recorded a Hat Trick in the 4-1 second leg.
I would go on to score 20 Goals in my next 10 appearances for the Club (including 3 more Hat Tricks).
I made no 'official' appearances for Rangers, but scored 58 Goals in 62 Games, during the war years.

Ina: Yer deed Willie, yer deed, Willie McIntosh

24. I recorded my first Hat Trick in the 1928 Scottish Cup. I would go on to record 10 more Hat tricks in the next 10 years.
I played alongside Andy Cunningham, Jimmy Fleming, Sam English, Jimmy Smith and Willie Thornton.

Bob McPhail

Jimmy Fleming

26. I was signed by William Wilton, and would go on to record 13 Hat Tricks in Mr Struth's first 5 seasons.

Geordie Henderson

27. I only played for Rangers for a six month period in the 1909-10 season, scoring 19 Goals in 17 League games.
More than a century later, I am still 1 of only 13 Rangers players, who can claim Hat Tricks in different decades!

William Hunter

1. Jig, Aluko, Morelos
2. Redford, Cooper
3. Albertz
4.Albertz
5.Willie Thornton, Willie Waddell ?
6.Billy Simpson
7.Willie Thornton
8.Dodds, Novo, Ferguson,Albertz,Cannigia,Wallace,Amato, JJ
9.Orjan Persson
10. Gordon Durie
11. Sandy Jardine
12. George McLean, Dave McPherson
13. Mark Hateley, Mark Falco, Mo Johnston
14. Smith,Russell,Cooper,McPherson,Mitchell,Clark
15. Bud Johnston
16.Jim Forrest
17.George McLean.
18.Jim Forrest
19.Colin Stein
20.Bud Johnston
21.Jim Forrest
22.Simpson, Hubbard,Kitchenbrand,Brand
23.Charlie Johnston.
24.Bob McPhail
25.Andy Cunningham
26.Sandy Arvhibald
27. ?

Damn hard quiz without cheating Mo!

I make that 18 correct
Well done

Defoe (2), Arfield, Windass

Nicky Clark, Jon Daly

Albertz

Jonathon Johansson

RC Hamilton, Finlay Speedie, Rod Wallace

Dean Shiels

Thornton

Flo, B Dodds, McCann, Cannigia, Averladze, B Ferguson, Nerlinger, Lovenkrands

Orjan Persson

Durie

Jardine

Dave McPherson, John McDonald

Williamson, Fraser, Falco

Russell, J McDonald, Redford, Dalziel, D Cooper, McPherson

Willie Johnston

Jimmy Millar

Brand

George McLean

Alex Scott

Willie Johnston

as a teenager.

Jim Forrest

Simpson, Gardiner, Hubbard, Scott

Ina: Yer deed Willie, yer deed, Willie McIntosh

Bob McPhail

Jimmy Fleming

Geordie Henderson

William Hunter

I make that 9 correct,
nice try ;)

1. Defoe, Arfield, McCulloch
2. Boyd, Miller
3. Albertz
4. JJ
5. Kenny Miller
6. Dean Shiels
8. Flo, Arveladze, Cannigia, Ferguson, Lovenkrands, Dodds,
10. Durie
11. Derek Johnstone
13.Falco v Morton, Mo Johnston v Valletta, didn’t Mo get one domestically? Think Cammy Fraser got one too?
14. Just guessing at these but will go...McDonald, Clark, McClelland, McAdam

honestly have no idea about the rest and would just be guessing.

HAT TRICK HEROES HISTORY QUIZ

This is a toughie.....27 Questions, 50 Answers

If you get at least half of these correct, you are indeed a damn good Rangers man (or a sneaky wee cheat) ;)

as a teenager.

Amazing amount of work has gone into producing this quiz. Cheers @MO_TxTruBlu

These are the kind of quizzes I do terribly on. I tend to remember the games against the poets and significant European and domestic finals but forget many of the ‘run of the mill’ games.

1. Defoe, Arfield, McCulloch
2. Boyd, Miller
3. Albertz
4. JJ
5. Kenny Miller
6. Dean Shiels
8. Flo, Arveladze, Cannigia, Ferguson, Lovenkrands, Dodds,
10. Durie
11. Derek Johnstone
13.Falco v Morton, Mo Johnston v Valletta, didn’t Mo get one domestically? Think Cammy Fraser got one too?
14. Just guessing at these but will go...McDonald, Clark, McClelland, McAdam

honestly have no idea about the rest and would just be guessing.

I make that 15 correct out of the 24 you answered, which is seriously impressive.

I would imagine most people will have to hazard a guess at a lot of these other questions.

I wasn't born for many of these! So here is a rough guess

1. Arfield, Morelos, Waghorn

2. Boyd, Jelavic

3. Wallace

4. Johannsen

6 Lafferty

7. Hubbard

8. De Boer, Wallace, Flo, Prso, Novo, Mols, Amato, Dodds

9. Albertz

10. McCoist

11. Stein

12. McCoist Laudrup

13. Durrant, Hateley, Johnston

14. Parlane, Jardine, Johnstone, Stein, Dawson, Cooper

15. Johnstone

16. Baxter

17. Baxter, Brand

18. Henderson

19. Stein

20. Boyd

21. English

22. Hubbard, Millar, Smith, Provan

23. Smith

24. Morton

25. English

26. Thornton

Thanks for this. Great way to kill my working day. Between you and the 4pm kick off I could get fired.

I'm guessing from how the question was worded it's 50 different names so trying to use folk like McCoist, Forrest, Thornton only once

1. Morelos, Arfield, Defoe

2. Clark, Daly

3. Albertz

4. Amato

5. Mols, RC Hamilton, Wallace

6. Lafferty

7. Thornton

8. R DeBoer, Arveladze, Flo, B Ferguson, B Dodds, K Miller, Prso, Novo

9. Miko

10. Gascoigne

11. D Johnstone

12. Scott, W Johnston

13. M Johnston, Falco, I Ferguson

14. McPherson, J MacDonald, McAdam, Cooper, Redford, G Smith

15. Stein

16. Brand

17. Millar

18. D Wilson

19. Boyd

20. Sounds like a McCoist sort of thing to do

21. Forrest

22. Hubbard, B Simpson, Paton, Grierson

23. No chance

24. McPhail

25. Archibald

26. Cunningham

27. No idea

Thanks for this. Great way to kill my working day. Between you and the 4pm kick off I could get fired.

I'm guessing from how the question was worded it's 50 different names so trying to use folk like McCoist, Forrest, Thornton only once

1. Morelos, Arfield, Defoe

2. Clark, Daly

3. Albertz

4. Amato

5. Mols, RC Hamilton, Wallace

6. Lafferty

7. Thornton

8. R DeBoer, Arveladze, Flo, B Ferguson, B Dodds, K Miller, Prso, Novo

9. Miko

10. Gascoigne

11. D Johnstone

12. Scott, W Johnston

13. M Johnston, Falco, I Ferguson

14. McPherson, J MacDonald, McAdam, Cooper, Redford, G Smith

15. Stein

16. Brand

17. Millar

18. D Wilson

19. Boyd

20. Sounds like a McCoist sort of thing to do

21. Forrest

22. Hubbard, B Simpson, Paton, Grierson

23. No chance

24. McPhail

25. Archibald

26. Cunningham

27. No idea

Great Effort, I make that 21 correct answers :))

That was bloody difficult. Dunno whether to be chuffed or disappointed.

If it's 21 answers I'm loving it, if it's 21 names I'm never looking at another quiz on here:)

It is 21 correct answers out of 50.
That is good going, gie yersel a wee pat on the back,
I expect very very few will get more than half the answers correct.

Brilliant, maddening quiz. I’ll be dreaming Stein and Forrest tonight. At the start Colin used to score a hat trick or more every week, or get sent off, or both !

Giving it a go.
1 Defoe Arfield Windass
2 Boyd Miller
3 JJ
4 Mols
5 RC Hamilton Alec Smith JJ
6 Andy Little
7 Willie Thornton
8 Miller McCann Albertz JJ Lovenkrands Novo Cannigia Dodds
9 Persson
10 Durie
11 DJ
12 Forrest McPherson
13 Mojo Walters Falco
14 Clark John Macdonald Redford Cooper MacAdam Ian Ferguson
15 Bud
16 Jimmy Millar
17 Forrest
18 G McLean
19 Bud
20 Ally McCoist
21 Brand
22 Billy Simpson Johnny Hubbard Alex Scott Max Murray
23 ?
24 McPhail
25 Jimmy Fleming
26 Sandy Archibald
27 ?

Beer time now.

Giving it a go.
1 Defoe Arfield Windass
2 Boyd Miller
3 JJ
4 Mols
5 RC Hamilton Alec Smith JJ
6 Andy Little
7 Willie Thornton
8 Miller McCann Albertz JJ Lovenkrands Novo Cannigia Dodds
9 Persson
10 Durie
11 DJ
12 Forrest McPherson
13 Mojo Walters Falco
14 Clark John Macdonald Redford Cooper MacAdam Ian Ferguson
15 Bud
16 Jimmy Millar
17 Forrest
18 G McLean
19 Bud
20 Ally McCoist
21 Brand
22 Billy Simpson Johnny Hubbard Alex Scott Max Murray
23 ?
24 McPhail
25 Jimmy Fleming
26 Sandy Archibald
27 ?

Beer time now.

Been waiting on you showing up.
24 correct out of 50
The best yet,
but hey, I expected you to get at last 25 ;)

Back