R. De Boer and McCann on Sportsound podcast

SC81

currently listening to todays Sportsound podcast with McCann and Ronald De Boer.

Good listen so far

A game at Tannadice when it was covered in sand was one of the best performances I've seen from a player in Scotland. He was light years ahead of everyone on the pitch that day. Scored two and made two I think

I think Flo also scored a couple that day?

Funny because I wouldnt consider de Boer a number 9 in the traditional sense but he quite clearly was. I always thought he was more of a 10 that would play off or behind a 9

De Boer was sometimes criticized because he didn’t necessarily dive into the 40/60 tackles that some think is required of a Rangers player.

He was still a very brave player.
Against that mob I watched Balde go right through him in the first minutes of a game at Ibrox.
After complaining a bit I noticed Ronnie shouting and gesturing at his teammates that he wanted the ball into his feet. From there on he backed into Balde , got the ball to feet and drew quite a few free kicks until it looked to me that Balde had to back off.

It took a bit of guts knowing that Big Bobo was going to smash him every time he got the ball.

Funny because I wouldnt consider de Boer a number 9 in the traditional sense but he quite clearly was. I always thought he was more of a 10 that would play off or behind a 9
He was a modern day attacker who could play across the forward line but a traditional number 9 was never his game. If I remember correctly for both Ajax and Barcelona he played more on the right hand side and coming infield rather than outside the fullback.

Technically he could be classed with the best players in our history.

Might not be popular on here, but I like this podcast.

Got into it a lot over the last few weeks.

De Boer thinking Thompson has never played football before. :D
Im sure I seen or read a piece where Thompson was telling the the same story.

Used to get some dafties shouting at him because of a misplaced pass.

The truth was he was seeing things that some of his teammates weren't. Ridiculous vision.

I remember a Lovenkrands goal (at Kilmarnock IIRC) where the pass that put him clean though came from RdB who was positioned not too far from our own 18 yard line. Must have been close to 80 yards and right on the button.

A game at Tannadice when it was covered in sand was one of the best performances I've seen from a player in Scotland. He was light years ahead of everyone on the pitch that day. Scored two and made two I think
Was that the Saturday evening kick off? If so it was a great night and De Boer was outstanding

De Boer was sometimes criticized because he didn’t necessarily dive into the 40/60 tackles that some think is required of a Rangers player.

He was still a very brave player.
Against that mob I watched Balde go right through him in the first minutes of a game at Ibrox.
After complaining a bit I noticed Ronnie shouting and gesturing at his teammates that he wanted the ball into his feet. From there on he backed into Balde , got the ball to feet and drew quite a few free kicks until it looked to me that Balde had to back off.

It took a bit of guts knowing that Big Bobo was going to smash him every time he got the ball.

Balde made one of the most appalling ‘challenges’ I’ve ever seen in an Old Firm. It was on De Boer in the Konterman semi final.

Committed a Schumacher style assault on De Boer from behind. He was clearly targeting him as one of our main danger men.

It took balls for De Boer to keep getting up from these hits and still putting them to the sword.

Balde made one of the most appalling ‘challenges’ I’ve ever seen in an Old Firm. It was on De Boer in the Konterman semi final.

Committed a Schumacher style assault on De Boer from behind. He was clearly targeting him as one of our main danger men.

It took balls for De Boer to keep getting up from these hits and still putting them to the sword.

Goes to show players can be brave or committed without being blood and thunder.

Back