Rab Douglas

Let's be clear, I never said or even suggested that the SFA or even the BBC were involved in fixing the draw, I am saying that Rab Douglas knew what ball he was drawing out.
He clearly looks in the bag and smirks before putting his hand in the bag, his hand movement, to me appears to show him grabbing one ball and holding it. Billy Dodds is totally different when he is doing it.
It is my opinion on it

If you think big marble mouth could conjure up a plan like that then you’ve lost the gun powder. Marble mouth can’t string a sentence together never mind anything else.

Infact no you’re spot on then he didn’t look in the back to hand Celtic one of the easier ties instead leaving them with a hard game also.

Have a day off

To me, it sounds like the OP has picked up that Rab Douglas is looking at the bag when Dodds is pulling the ball out of the bag. When Dodds is doing this, grabs a ball & pulls it out, Rab clocks the number ball with the number 6 facing out of the bag. He laughs and fires his hand right on that ball first then does a mock circle round and whips it out.

Not an SFA conspiracy by any means, simply Douglas seeing he could pull us out at a hard place to go too and doing so. Would only work if the number on the ball was facing up the way, by chance.

On actually watching the above clip, I don't think that's what has happened personally, but the possibility is definitely there.

Can someone watch a rerun of the Cup draw and tell me if I seen it right, I have looked at it three times and I could swear that Douglas looks in the bag sniggers and grab one of the balls and holds it while pretending to mix the balls and drawing out Rangers to play Aberdeen away, if of course we beat Kilmarnock

Exactly what I thought at the time. Told Mrs Rab we'd get Aberdeen away & look what happened!!

To me, it sounds like the OP has picked up that Rab Douglas is looking at the bag when Dodds is pulling the ball out of the bag. When Dodds is doing this, grabs a ball & pulls it out, Rab clocks the number ball with the number 6 facing out of the bag. He laughs and fires his hand right on that ball first then does a mock circle round and whips it out.

Not an SFA conspiracy by any means, simply Douglas seeing he could pull us out at a hard place to go too and doing so. Would only work if the number on the ball was facing up the way, by chance.

On actually watching the above clip, I don't think that's what has happened personally, but the possibility is definitely there.

The inside of that bag will be dark, it's not as if the number is in hi-glow luminous paint.

Also, that's some stroke of luck for Rab, the number 6 to present itself facing up the way. Especially as the odds of it happening being that bit higher given it was the first tie out and 7 balls left in the bag. :))

Quality moon howling none the less.

Have not seen the whole session, but is it not so that the ones ball grabbing do not know which number relates to the teams to ensure cheating is not possible?

I've watched it three times and can't see what the OP is seeing. First of all there's a kind of cut flap thing over the entrance that would stop him from being able to see the balls. Secondly if you look at the bottom of the screen when his hand is in you can clearly see him swirling the balls around. It would have been practically impossible for him to spot a ball, get his hand on and move all the others around all within about what, 5 seconds? Nothing to see here, move along.

Have not seen the whole session, but is it not so that the ones ball grabbing do not know which number relates to the teams to ensure cheating is not possible?
The numbers allocated to the teams were announced before the draw.

A good idea though, going forward they should implement what they do in 'Through the Keyhole'.

For the viewers at home, here's the numbers for the teams.

Can someone watch a rerun of the Cup draw and tell me if I seen it right, I have looked at it three times and I could swear that Douglas looks in the bag sniggers and grab one of the balls and holds it while pretending to mix the balls and drawing out Rangers to play Aberdeen away, if of course we beat Kilmarnock

Knowing Big Rab, he would have dropped the ball.

I've watched it three times and can't see what the OP is seeing. First of all there's a kind of cut flap thing over the entrance that would stop him from being able to see the balls. Secondly if you look at the bottom of the screen when his hand is in you can clearly see him swirling the balls around. It would have been practically impossible for him to spot a ball, get his hand on and move all the others around all within about what, 5 seconds? Nothing to see here, move along.
When you are six feet plus, would be relativity easy

The inside of that bag will be dark, it's not as if the number is in hi-glow luminous paint.

Also, that's some stroke of luck for Rab, the number 6 to present itself facing up the way. Especially as the odds of it happening being that bit higher given it was the first tie out and 7 balls left in the bag. :))

Quality moon howling none the less.

I agree mate. It's plausible, doubtful but potentially could happen if the stars align.

Not for me but I could see the logic in it happening with a massive slice of luck.

Recording cup draws ffs mate that’s sad .:D:D

It may be worth reporting your findings to the club, I’m sure we have a department for doing it, someone will give you an email address on here as I don’t know it sorry.
Actually was taking the dog out and recorded it incase I missed it

When you are six feet plus, would be relativity easy

At most he had a split second look at the bag before putting his hand in. For the plan to work both the ball and the number on it would have to be in exactly the correct position, the odds of that happening are microscopic.

Douglas' demeanor stayed the same throughout the draw. He's probably just nervous to be on the telly, which makes sense having seen some of the howlers he's made over the years.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ this thread is an absolute fuckin riddy.

Despite my better judgement I went back and watched thing thing closely. You can actually see into the bowl at the very bottom of the screen and see that he is mixing them up and just grabs one.

Can we delete this thread before it brings us any further embarrassment?

QhuToIV.gif

I see him quite often in Broughty Ferry, absolute monster of a guy. Never really noticed when he was in goals for them, but he's fucking massive.

I thought it was just me I spotted that right away.

Let's be clear, I never said or even suggested that the SFA or even the BBC were involved in fixing the draw, I am saying that Rab Douglas knew what ball he was drawing out.
He clearly looks in the bag and smirks before putting his hand in the bag, his hand movement, to me appears to show him grabbing one ball and holding it. Billy Dodds is totally different when he is doing it.
It is my opinion on it
My concern why use two Rangers haters for the draw.

Nothing in it, he's got a wee smirk but maybe he's just imagining pushing Vignal's shot round the post and Helicopter Sunday never happening.

Utter nonsense, unless number 6 was sitting perfectly on top of other balls with the number facing upwards.

Maybe billy was in on it and his previous shuffle landed the Rangers ball into the perfect position.

:rolleyes:

Did he no drop it....

Back