Racing moved to Sunday for HRH Prince Philip's funeral.

Are there any times on Saturday or Sunday that it can't be played due to clash with other live games? The funeral will not last more than an hour so the argument for pushing it to a later ko on the Sat doesn't make much sense.

I don't think either club will mind if it's pushed to the Sunday so that's what I think will happen.
Premier Sports' other game is Aberdeen v Livingston 2pm on Sunday so it have to be taken into account for that plus if Stranraer v Hibs is moved again the Scottish FA will want to make sure that no game is clashing for it TV coverage of the Scottish Cup

5pm or 6pm on Saturday would be ideal.

I've arranged for friends to come round get a takeaway and some beers. Can't be doing that at 12pm

Would you honestly be perturbed by our game clashing with his funeral? Would you honestly feel it would be disrespectful for us to play at the same time and if so what are the reasons?

It would be massively disrespectful.

Plus our players and staff, in addition to those involved in providing the broadcast of the match should be afforded the chance to watch the funeral.

Undoubtedly some of them will, like many others in the U.K. and beyond, want the opportunity to reflect quietly in its aftermath.

The U.K. is currently in a period of national mourning. These are not “normal” times.

From a selfish point of view I'm hoping for an earlier or later kick off on the Saturday. Taken the Saturday and Sunday off work for it and I've just got myself a beer sub that I'm desperate to try out!

It would be massively disrespectful.

Plus our players and staff, in addition to those involved in providing the broadcast of the match should be afforded the chance to watch the funeral.

Undoubtedly some of them will, like many others in the U.K. and beyond, want the opportunity to reflect quietly in its aftermath.

The U.K. is currently in a period of national mourning. These are not “normal” times.
Not being funny but there will be thousands of people up and down the country who are working and wont be afforded the chance to watch it. Not really sure why footballers should be any different.

Although I do agree we shouldn't be playing while it is on.

Are you for real??!!!!

Have some respect ffs!
I'd like you to explain to me why, I'm happy to follow your line of thought but I'd like it to be rationalized. I understand the importance of the monarchy but what makes a funeral for someone that we've never met mean the whole world has to stop. People die every day and funerals are held every day. I understand this is an unpopular viewpoint but I'd love the rationale to be explained rather than just its disrespectful.

Reactions: Egt
I find this a strange and disrespectful post.
It's OK to disagree with the moving of sports events but to say 99.9% sgree with you is very inaccurste ....or are you fishing.
How many people out of 66 million do you think actually care? Maybe it's a generational thing.

I'd like you to explain to me why, I'm happy to follow your line of thought but I'd like it to be rationalized. I understand the importance of the monarchy but what makes a funeral for someone that we've never met mean the whole world has to stop. People die every day and funerals are held every day. I understand this is an unpopular viewpoint but I'd love the rationale to be explained rather than just its disrespectful.
You are happy with us playing at the same time as the Queen's husband's funeral is taking place.

You've shown your true colours.

You are happy with us playing at the same time as the Queen's husband's funeral is taking place.

You've shown your true colours.
Again mate i challenge you to explain why I'm wrong rather than just stating I am. Do you have an actual reason? Will you be spending the day in mourning? As mentioned I support the monarchy and I understand the importance but until you can explain to me why I have to live faux grief for someone I never met then I fail to follow your line of thought

Whenever it's rescheduled it's obviously not an easy solution as surely it would have been announced by now.

It does give you an insight into why Scotland is in such a state when even some in our support are showing a lack of respect on this and British tradition.

At times like this I am glad I live in England.

I mean my English colleagues are already grumbling about some of their teams games being moved, but I guess your part of England must be more staunch than mine.

Saturday 5 or 6pm. I’m working Monday. Couldn’t get bevvied otherwise as I have to drive early.

So more than 24 hours on from the announcement of the funeral and the fuktards in charge of our game haven’t sorted this yet.

Says it all.

My guess is Premier Sports want it later on the Saturday, or even the Friday night but the authorities are pushing for it on the Sunday

My guess is Premier Sports want it later on the Saturday, or even the Friday night but the authorities are pushing for it on the Sunday
There surely isnt any difference from the authorities point of view between 4 and 5pm on the Saturday

Back