Racism in Football (BBC Scotland trying to drag us into it)

It was phucking inevitable that we got dragged into this, what with the gutter press and the recent part stadium closure.
It's lazy journalism at best.

The way the UEFA statement mentioned racism in regards to our charge set the alarm bells ringing. It's clear who is setting the agenda here. The club need to be more proactive engaging with the support about this issue rather than simply hoping it has gone away.

The way the UEFA statement mentioned racism in regards to our charge set the alarm bells ringing. It's clear who is setting the agenda here. The club need to be more proactive engaging with the support about this issue rather than simply hoping it has gone away.

That sounds like constructive criticism. I agree with you but then I'm not a "true supporter".

Inevitably there will be Celtic fans all over this, trying to have a go at us. If they really cared about prejudice, they'd be better trying to get their own house in order over stuff like singing about various folk being an "Orange b*st*rd".

The 'problem' for us here is that in the good old UEFA rulebook they have lumped sectarianism in with racism when it comes to breaches of their disciplinary code. Hence our charges were 'racist behaviour (sectarian singing)'.

We can argue the differences until we are blue in the face but it gives our detractors an easy stick to beat us with.

So long as we don't throw stuff at players, battle with the Police or set the place on fire with flares, eh?:rolleyes:

The 'problem' for us here is that in the good old UEFA rulebook they have lumped sectarianism in with racism when it comes to breaches of their disciplinary code. Hence our charges were 'racist behaviour (sectarian singing)'.

We can argue the differences until we are blue in the face but it gives our detractors an easy stick to beat us with.

So long as we don't throw stuff at players, battle with the Police or set the place on fire with flares, eh?:rolleyes:

This is why we need to ensure that songs in support of the IRA are not simply dismissed as political or "illicit."

Is there such a thing as 'anti-English racism' or 'anti-protestant/unionist sectarianism'?
Call me paranoid but there is a real danger of conflating the two. In the SNP and Yesser's worldview, anti-English racism is deemed to be okay, especially so if it's seen to be not too overt. If you are protestant and not anti-English then you are deemed to be pro-union by default. Ergo, if you are protestant and not a Scottish nationalist, you can't really be ethnically Scottish. This is the falsehood that the proto-facist wing of their party are seeking to promote. Hence all the Celtic Cousin bullsh1t.

The BBC and the Gaels who have a disproportionate say in running it in Scotland (McQuarrie, Mackinnon et al) have a vested interest in promulgating this as they would be a natural fit to assume the reins of a Scottish state broadcaster and intrinsically control cultural conditioning to a far greater extent than they do currently, when they ultimately have to report to London.

Quite incredible that the yahoos start an online campaign of harassment to oust one of their own board members for being Jewish which leads to the chairman of Celtic FC calling his supporters “criminally racist” and yet Rangers are painted as the perpetrators of religious bigotry?

That mob have also openly sacked people for simply being Protestant in the past as well including Stein.

We've been found guilty of "racism" twice. That's all some folk are interested in. The details dont count. Zero tolerance etc.

Nice to hear that Engilsh fans' rep saying the answer lies in education not sanctions.

Still we're well on our way to a full stadium closure. All it takes is one more song/chant.

I will not listen to anyone spouting about our Club and sectarianism not when the authorities in this Country let Celtic supporters off with hanging effigies of Rangers supporters and Orangemen hanging from the rafters of Celtic Park, not only that the evidence to charge them went missing and we are just to accept that its not on.

BBC Phone in just now. Starting by talking about England in Bulgaria last night - predictably the host brings in ‘the three punishments for racism recently in Scottish football’, asks the question ‘is sectarianism the same as racism’ and keeps using the phrase ‘call it out’. First few contributors from the public immediately on the ‘old firm’ bandwagon and specifically Rangers sectarianism.

Compare and contrast with Radio 5 live who are having a balanced argument specifically about Bulgaria and uefa’s total pussyfooting about them.
Have to laugh at England though, don't you?
Had they been drawing or getting beat they'd have made a stand against racism, but since they were 6-0 up were able to shrug it off and deal with it today.

Was always going to happen, I'm not sure why people are surprised.

When you have a minority in our support who still believe it is 1980 and they can sing and say what they want we will always be labeled with those clubs.

I'm sure Steven Gerrard and our board are proud of us being mentioned in these conversations.

Shae Logan was openly given racist abuse at Parkhead on multiple occasions. Probably the most open case of racism from fans that there has been in recent years. I wonder why this wasn’t brought up?
Celtic and the groin bhrigade dismissed it which you expect from those hypocrites but the sheep manager also ignored it.

Was always going to happen, I'm not sure why people are surprised.

When you have a minority in our support who still believe it is 1980 and they can sing and say what they want we will always be labeled with those clubs.

I'm sure Steven Gerrard and our board are proud of us being mentioned in these conversations.
Conversations started by the BBC bhigots and mentally challengeds who conveniently forget about the racist abuse mark walters received at parkhead and the sectarian effigies evidence that mysteriously disappeared.

Had they been drawing or getting beat they'd have made a stand against racism, but since they were 6-0 up were able to shrug it off and deal with it today.
It's a real pleasure to be part of a support who simply adore 2 players who are black and are absolutely accepted as " our boys". It is also brilliant to have a black guy as our captain who engenders admiration and a degree of blame without any recourse to race whatsoever. Tell the BBC that story.

Conversations started by the BBC bhigots and mentally challengeds who conveniently forget about the racist abuse mark walters received at parkhead and the sectarian effigies evidence that mysteriously disappeared.
You know that famous saying about getting your own house in order?

Or do we just turn a blind eye to that, pretend it didn't happen and focus on what others do?

They somehow seem to have convinced someone in UEFA that calling people SOBs isn’t sectarian mate.

FDB, Gerrard, McLeish, Advocaat, McInnes are just some on the end of it, and De Boer was in a game where AJAX were fined for a FB banner.

You could not make it up.

the best thing we can do against this kind of thing is not give them anymore ammo.
10 women can't get together without sexually assaulting guys 80% of the time I see such a group in public?
5,000 women can't go to boyzone or whatever the latest band or group is without all kinds of shenanigans, hospitalizations through drink and fights and all kinds of antisocial behaviour.
I could make this list as long as you like and that's even without football whataboutery..

And somehow you, the BBC and many others expect it possible that Rangers and 50k plus folk do what no one else can do and be perfect.

Of course in every other scenario it's a 'one off' or a "small minority" but at Rangers one guy getting arrested represents us all as a collective and is a ammunition.

You couldn't make it up.

10 women can't get together without sexually assaulting guys 80% of the time I see such a group in public?
5,000 women can't go to boyzone or whatever the latest band or group is without all kinds of shenanigans, hospitalizations through drink and fights and all kinds of antisocial behaviour.
I could make this list as long as you like and that's even without football whataboutery..

And somehow you, the BBC and many others expect it possible that Rangers and 50k plus folk do what no one else can do and be perfect.

Of course in every other scenario it's a 'one off' or a "small minority" but at Rangers one guy getting arrested represents us all as a collective and is a ammunition.

You couldn't make it up.
The scenarios you have provided are not comparable to our support.

Our support are supposed to be loyal even down to the minority support. Anything a minority do in our support has an impact on our club, it has an impact on you and I as Rangers supporters, it hinders our success.

You're scenarios don't have that impact.

The 2 biggest incidents of racism in scottish football in the last 35 yrs have been against a rangers player.. 1st at Celtic park and the following week at tynecastle the worst ive ever witnessed
The effigies are the most blatent outright show of sectarianism I have ever witnessed in my 29 years supporting Rangers. The whole country saw it and they still got off with it. Sectarianism literally right in your face. I know we aren't saints but the way Rangers are constantly dragged through the mud is incredibly annoying. Seemingly celtic and their fans are untouchable and get away with absolutely anything they want.

Last edited:
Shae Logan was openly given racist abuse at Parkhead on multiple occasions. Probably the most open case of racism from fans that there has been in recent years. I wonder why this wasn’t brought up?

One of the Celtic players (Tonev) was also given a 7-game ban for racially abusing Logan.

so much 'but they did this' and 'they did that' in this thread. Fact is we need to stop caring about what everyone is is up to or 'gets away with' and work together as a support to be rid of the the songs, chants and outbursts that are now affecting the club.

go ahead blame me, the 'mhedia', the snp, peter lawell and the BBC if you want, i'm really not fussed. if you can't see this then you likely are part of the problem.

so much 'but they did this' and 'they did that' in this thread. Fact is we need to stop caring about what everyone is is up to or 'gets away with' and work together as a support to be rid of the the songs, chants and outbursts that are now affecting the club.

go ahead blame me, the 'mhedia', the snp, peter lawell and the BBC if you want, i'm really not fussed. if you can't see this then you likely are part of the problem.

I would tend to agree with you but when the media are accusing Rangers fans of racism when there is no case of racism, yet other clubs and high profile figures have been guilty of racism and it is not mentioned, then it’s pretty obvious that Rangers fans are going to be a bit pissed off.

This "getting your own house in order before pointing the finger at others." I think England have shown there is no need to be squeaky clean before you call out others behaviour. Whilst the England fans have cleaned up their act they are far from angels but it hasn't stopped the FA going on the front foot. Take note Rangers.

I would tend to agree with you but when the media are accusing Rangers fans of racism when there is no case of racism, yet other clubs and high profile figures have been guilty of racism and it is not mentioned, then it’s pretty obvious that Rangers fans are going to be a bit pissed off.
if we stamp it out they have nothing to accuse us of.

Please point me to the Rangers fans or a player or staff member being racist.
If we actually had been, I would get your point.
yeah i agree with that and dont think it is racist. but its tough luck that what we are getting dragged into is due to the fact that some of what is sang is now being labeled as racism and there isnt much we can do about that. moaning online about it being unfair wont help and neither does the posts of 'we need to go to war with the media!' which will again be people sitting back typing mince into a keyboard.

the easiest way to take action against this is to cut out some of the songs and look forward.

Any mention of the racial abuse of Kamara and Tav in the Old Firm fixture earlier this year? I mean, it’s on the FARE website.

It doesnt count according to some on here. All we have to do is be 100% squeaky clean for a few years then we can start questioning the bias in the press. I dont know who'll do the questioning though. Maybe someone on here.

yeah i agree with that and dont think it is racist. but its tough luck that what we are getting dragged into is due to the fact that some of what is sang is now being labeled as racism and there isnt much we can do about that. moaning online about it being unfair wont help and neither does the posts of 'we need to go to war with the media!' which will again be people sitting back typing mince into a keyboard.

the easiest way to take action against this is to cut out some of the songs and look forward.

unfortunately the media need to be kept under control with their constant lies.

You are at it?
The players and manager reported incidents to the ref, 4th official etc.
They talked about it at half time and the 'TEAM' decided to play on

Our stadium has been partially closed twice for racism.

It sadly comes under the banner of racism but it should be called what it is , sectarianism. I deplore racism but sectarianism is an opinion on bad ideology and should be acceptable imo.
At the end of the day Rangers is a football club. We are getting back to where we should be and people are funding it. We need to be self sufficient and to do that we need to maximise sponsorship income. There isn’t a brand in the world who wants associated with racism and discrimination. As long as people keep loading the gun people will gladly shoot us with it because harming our brand and putting off the biggest sponsors helps our enemies.

At the end of the day Rangers is a football club. We are getting back to where we should be and people are funding it. We need to be self sufficient and to do that we need to maximise sponsorship income. There isn’t a brand in the world who wants associated with racism and discrimination. As long as people keep loading the gun people will gladly shoot us with it because harming our brand and putting off the biggest sponsors helps our enemies.
I totally agree with your stance and see the bigger picture but still don't believe you should be sanctioned for sectarianism . The pope for example has harboured known paedophiles in the Vatican, that's very bad behaviour and he should be open to ridicule. Is Ibrox the stage for that abuse , maybe not but I reiterate it shouldn't be a crime to do so.

How can fifa or uafa be taken seriously when it comes to racism, when they allow Saudi Arabia Iran Iraq etc. Refuse to play Israel or even let a person with an Israel passport into their country! let alone play a game of football. Total silence total hypocrisy. Show middle eastern countries the red card then get back to Glasgow ayyy?

Ok fs , Humza is on - that will be it fixed.

1st point - he’s a victim too
2nd point - it’s worse now that post -911
3rd point - it’s Trump’s fault
4th point - it’s Boris’s fault
5th point - he’s a victim too
6th point - he’s actively working with football clubs and want’s to introduce the 3 step protocol for sectarianism in Scotland....

If the Bulgarian FA get punished for the actions of their supporters in the stadium it is another step in support of Humza’s relentless pursuit of stric liability. Then open season on Rangers if even one supporter says the wrong thing. Points deduction? - you betcha.

I disagree. The vast majority of people always ‘choose’ the religion of the family they were raised in. Hell of a coincidence.
The choice comes when you are of adult age. When you reach the age of consent, ie to vote, get married, or join the army, you can decide to stay with your family religion or reject it. However, if you are born black, white, yellow or red, you are stuck with it for life . . . unless you take the radical Michael Jackson approach, and change your colour through surgical and / or chemical procedure!

Back