Radio 5 just now Archie McPherson on about Bobby Brown

I was just young when Archie commentated and thought he was ok. Was he any good obviously better than mhutton and shite bag walker

Fondly remembered too. Still mind him rambling on about things and he would interrupt his wee story to tell you a goal had been scored! Very knowledgeable.

I’m a bit too young to remember him in his younger days but through the late 80s and certainly 90s he was a great commentator. It’s was always he or The mentally challenged lawyer and from time to time McNee commentating on games.
Archie was the voice of my generation I would say.
He knew his stuff to be fair.

‘He clearly was but as a kid I always thought he favoured Aberdeen.

But with hindsight, 79-85 they were probably the best team in the country.

In public he had to be professional but his sons went to the same school as me. One of them was in my brothers class. We’ve seen his younger boy at lots of games when we were younger too.

I used to have an Arthur Montford Jacket.

He was some commentator apart from numerous Stramashes (SP) he also gave us “ and in goes a low cross and up go the heads”
I remember seeing Montford in the Hampden car park in a string vest, getting changed out the back of his car before a match. It was a bit of a shock tbh. And I never did see the point of string vests.

Bobby Brown spoke well and eloquently about the Rangers on old videos and DVDs. I had no idea he was in his 80's when he did some of those. Was part of the team that won the first ever "treble" in world football. In our Hall of Fame. RIP legend.

I’m a bit too young to remember him in his younger days but through the late 80s and certainly 90s he was a great commentator. It’s was always he or The mentally challenged lawyer and from time to time McNee commentating on games.
Archie was the voice of my generation I would say.
He knew his stuff to be fair.
Jock Brown was not their lawyer,I am sure he was director of football or something like that

Who could describe, in intimate detail, about the inside of Jock Stein's colon.

Seriously TC. He was. As others confirm his youngest son used to go everywhere to see the bears when we were younger.

I remember seeing him & his mates when we were away to Cowdenbeath:D

Seriously TC. He was. As others confirm his youngest son used to go everywhere to see the bears when we were younger.

I remember seeing him & his mates when we were away to Cowdenbeath:D
I don't disbelieve you Grigo. Archie always knew where his bread was buttered. From Stein to Ferguson to Souness. He was so far up Stein's arse it was unreal.

Some seem to forget the dross we had in the 70's & 80's though like Ian Archer

Back