Radio Scotland coverage

I don't see why they get the live commentary radio rights for the Europa League when they cannot be bothered giving live commentary from Ibrox. Surely if they refuse to do this then another company should be given the right to provide live audio commentary. I notice they bother their arse to do the Rangers v Celtic matches however so are they just lazy?
They broadcast the Scum game at Ibrox by commenting from a live tv feed from the studio,they have a duty to all their License payers to continue with this facility for all matches at Ibrox.I really don’t see how they can get away with not doing it ,the wife’s Uncle has no means of knowing what’s going on at matches at Ibrox other than radio there must be thousands like him.

Stop paying your tv license and stop listening to Sportsound and you won't get offended and have to waste your time looking for answers.

Eff them all
Anyone who may wish to do so , would take advantage of the fact, that no one will be chapping your door until Covid is no longer a thing.

I don't agree with the suggestion that we'll force change by withholding the licence fee.

For me, what will really get questions asked is when we are parading the league trophy at Ibrox and Scottish Cup at Hampden and Chick Young & co can't get near the players/management for the customary post-match interviews.
The only way to force change is to get rid of the current BBC sports department.which is full of rangers heaters .but there is very little chance of that happening.

I was trying to get our game at the weekend on the radio in the car. They had their game with the sheep on, but absolutely nothing for ours but the occasional talk to Billy Dodds. Fucking ridiculous and a disgrace!

Edit: also why the %^*& if their away game the main game? Only because they are bitter bastards and won’t go to Ibrox!
They self imposed a ban on themselves.

I emailed the BBC this morning with a complaint about the coverage of our game in their podcast compared to the mankies ,under 3 minutes in a 48 minute podcast (they discussed Saturdays Celtic v Aberdeen game longer) and I am surprised that I have got a reply already as it usually takes weeks .

Dear ******

Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportsound on 29 October.

The live game that evening was Lille v Celtic and, naturally, that was reflected in the discussion and analysis on the programme.

We did bid for the rights to the Rangers v Lech Poznan, though unsuccessfully, and while we were unable to provide commentary, or analysis based on that live coverage, we did have updates throughout the match and discussion of the game.

That said, we appreciate that the coverage wasn’t to the extent that you were hoping for on this occasion.

Thank you again for your feedback. We’ve included your comments in our overnight reports. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC, ensuring that complaints can be seen quickly by the right people.

SOMETHING DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT ABOUT THIS .HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM LATELY?
They hate us that's why and it will never change and that's why I hope they never get back into Ibrox.

They can't hide there bias and there agenda is always pro mentally challengeds that's all they care about.

Chris McTarrier should do the honourable thing and step aside in all of this as he is the one at the centre of this absolute farce. All he needs to do is say to his bosses, please send another reporter to the games, as because of my bias(created through his schooling in bigot factory’s), I am unable to properly fulfil my role as an impartial reporter. When you actually consider it is he who has caused this, surely a sense of professionalism and integrity(no laughing) should lead him to doing the right thing?

The club's approach to McGlaughlin specifically and the BBC in general has achieved absolutely nothing.

Its time for a rethink.

They bid for the rights to our game, what did they offer, a can of irn bru?

that is the Main point in this.
is there a thaw? Would a rangers contact know of this?
did they bid? The amount doesn’t matter.
was the game on ANY radio broadcast?
did we refuse because it was the bbc?
sorry for all the ??
it’s just that there’s been no mention of us and them possibly returning to normal for radio onl supporters.
ps, my brother relies on the wireless for football.

They bid for the rights to our game, what did they offer, a can of irn bru?
If they did, and no one else bid, we could have called the bluff and said yes.
as you know, from on here there are a lot of armchair fans dependent on radio.
we rightly criticise bbc Scotland for avoiding us. We can’t then say, booger off if they come to us to resume broadcast.

I listened to radio Scotland the other night whilst waiting in someone. I haven't listened for ages. If you get a chance, have a listen to Michael Stewart's reaction at the end of the celtic game. Honestly, the guy could hardly speak he was so gutted. Packie Bonner, who I don't mind, was like a fan and the main commentator was even worse. Absolutely toe curling stuff.

I put in a complaint and got much the same copy paste response. Something about Rangers withholding press privelidges to an employee, blah blah.
All this for 1 guy. Really?
Sorry if I got you wrong bigd.
I assume your complaint was that the bbc are not covering our games.
The op says they bid for it and rfc will know if they did or not.
That indicates that the 1 guy doesn’t come into it.
We, rfc, have to look after our radio only fans.
I mentioned my bro in another reply, no sky type stuff, or computer.
He can go over to his local, but their closed, so radio it is.

They're quite happy to broadcast from the studio when the scum come to Ibrox but won't do similar for any other game, that says it all, c*nts

Sorry if I got you wrong bigd.
I assume your complaint was that the bbc are not covering our games.
The op says they bid for it and rfc will know if they did or not.
That indicates that the 1 guy doesn’t come into it.
We, rfc, have to look after our radio only fans.
I mentioned my bro in another reply, no sky type stuff, or computer.
He can go over to his local, but their closed, so radio it is.
At the end of the day it all boils down to 1 thing and that's Chris Mclaughan's disgraceful reporting on Hibs vs US when we won 6 2.
His bigoted view is being supported by BBC Scotland, who are run and infested with rangers haters.

I won’t be home in time for ko tomorrow so checked bbc scotland schedule to listen in the car. Sportsound starts at 2pm! No coverage of Rangers even though we’re away from home. Even neutrals would be interested in Killy v Rangers given recent results. This vendetta has become beyond words.

I won’t be home in time for ko tomorrow so checked bbc scotland schedule to listen in the car. Sportsound starts at 2pm! No coverage of Rangers even though we’re away from home. Even neutrals would be interested in Killy v Rangers given recent results. This vendetta has become beyond words.
It is live tomorrow 810mw.

Who cares? Not me

The club's approach to McGlaughlin specifically and the BBC in general has achieved absolutely nothing.

Its time for a rethink.

Disagree.

There is plenty of pro Rangers stuff out there and I no longer feel the need to bother much with radio Scotland.

Between the wonderful content of heart & hand, occasional Gersnet, Rangersradio and RTV’S fantastic coverage this year I’m not missing them in the least.

The only thing I am missing right now is placing my backside in a blue plastic seat every other Sunday.

As someone else said, their loss (and the clubs gain = I’ll be renewing RTV next season)

I listened to radio Scotland the other night whilst waiting in someone. I haven't listened for ages. If you get a chance, have a listen to Michael Stewart's reaction at the end of the celtic game. Honestly, the guy could hardly speak he was so gutted. Packie Bonner, who I don't mind, was like a fan and the main commentator was even worse. Absolutely toe curling stuff.
It makes brilliant listening right enough.

You should listen to the opening of the podcast from the 17th october after we pumped them at the piggery.
liam mcleod screaming trying to say they are still better than Rangers. 10 in a row chasing champions the f.ucking lot was being shouted out. What a little pathetic cretton of a man. F.uck off.

I assume that as RTV have audio coverage Rangers have bid more than the BBC?
Please help SB,
can you listen to rtv audio without internet?
if so, how,
if not, then we (rangers) should have sold two audio packages,
if the bbc bid ( is that confirmed) we should have sold it to them so we could have heard the game.

Please help SB,
can you listen to rtv audio without internet?
if so, how,
if not, then we (Rangers) should have sold two audio packages,
if the bbc bid ( is that confirmed) we should have sold it to them so we could have heard the game.

You would need some sort of internet access to listen to audio on RTV.
I'm not sure how the rights to audio coverage for Europa League games work, whether it's exclusive or not.
I do agree that in this day an age audio coverage of all Rangers games should be available. Not everyone has internet access when the game is on.

Its time for a rethink.
So we did nothing wrong .mcglauhlin told lies. We with drew his press credentials. The BBC could have sent another reporter like they did with Dundee United.but didn,t . So you think we should have a rethink. Think maybe you should have a rethink mate.

You should listen to the opening of the podcast from the 17th october after we pumped them at the piggery.
liam mcleod screaming trying to say they are still better than Rangers. 10 in a row chasing champions the f.ucking lot was being shouted out. What a little pathetic cretton of a man. F.uck off.
Hopefully he's going to have to get used to saying the former champions or stick to his other favourite, the hoops, instead of champions as of May. For some strange reason he can't simply call them Celtic.

He doesn't hide his bias one bit either. Listened to the end of the Aberdeen game last week, Aberdeen were 2-1 up at the time. All doom and gloom from him then they scored 2 in a few mins and he was raving about the 'champions doing what they do, still on course for the historic 10 and quadruple treble' etc. Pitch of his voice couldn't have got any higher. Penalty Aberdeen, suddenly it turned into a wake with him and Bonner consoling each other. Was glorious. He is a stick on for Celtic TV at some point in the future. Worst commentator around and that is a low bar to begin with.

Hopefully he's going to have to get used to saying the former champions or stick to his other favourite, the hoops, instead of champions as of May. For some strange reason he can't simply call them Celtic.

He doesn't hide his bias one bit either. Listened to the end of the Aberdeen game last week, Aberdeen were 2-1 up at the time. All doom and gloom from him then they scored 2 in a few mins and he was raving about the 'champions doing what they do, still on course for the historic 10 and quadruple treble' etc. Pitch of his voice couldn't have got any higher. Penalty Aberdeen, suddenly it turned into a wake with him and Bonner consoling each other. Was glorious. He is a stick on for Celtic TV at some point in the future. Worst commentator around and that is a low bar to begin with.
How can it be a glorious tremble when neither the league or the league cup were legitimately won.

I emailed the BBC this morning with a complaint about the coverage of our game in their podcast compared to the mankies ,under 3 minutes in a 48 minute podcast (they discussed Saturdays Celtic v Aberdeen game longer) and I am surprised that I have got a reply already as it usually takes weeks .

Dear ******

Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportsound on 29 October.

The live game that evening was Lille v Celtic and, naturally, that was reflected in the discussion and analysis on the programme.

We did bid for the rights to the Rangers v Lech Poznan, though unsuccessfully, and while we were unable to provide commentary, or analysis based on that live coverage, we did have updates throughout the match and discussion of the game.

That said, we appreciate that the coverage wasn’t to the extent that you were hoping for on this occasion.

Thank you again for your feedback. We’ve included your comments in our overnight reports. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC, ensuring that complaints can be seen quickly by the right people.

SOMETHING DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT ABOUT THIS .HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM LATELY?
They are still in dispute with us, thats the problem

It’s not just the lack of live commentary that grates, it’s the deliberate attempts to almost ignore we are even playing on a match day.

Having a fall out with the club and not having live commentary at Ibrox is one thing but they don’t offer live commentary on our away games, they offer minimal prematch discussion regarding our games, there are little if any updates on our games while they are being played and the post match discussion is a complete joke. Oddly enough, their “principled stand” of boycotting and doing their best to ignore our games miraculously changes when we’re playing the scum. :rolleyes:

I’ve turned on Radio Scotland after the odd crucial league or European game to hear what the discussion/verdict is on our performance and issues that have cropped up during the game. I’ve found them discussing rugby (NOT international games), women’s football and even obscure athletic events on the other side of the planet.

Last edited:
I do not have a problem with radio Clyde or any other independent station being biased as they can do what they want but the level of bias on Radio Scotland is a scandal for a publicly funded station
Exactly mate, can you imagine Liverpool or Man U being treated like this by the national broadcaster?

Back