Radio Scotland discussing Gerrard’s contract extension - and you’ll never guess what happened

No surprise from Radio Scotland. I actually can’t remember when I last listened to anything they have to say.

I can't remember the last time I've listened to a broadcast from them, probably when they had proper journalists on like Bob Crampsey, must be well over 10 years now since he died

Gerrard obviously deserves his extension, the improvement is obvious, with or without a trophy, yet.

The pressure would obviously come from some of our support if we fail. Would a new manager suit the moaners, a few setbacks and they would be criticising again.

Gerrard deserves next season again, no trophy or not, he is used to high standards and demands them. I trust him and his backroom staff.

We are on the right path.

I stopped listening to it some time ago because it is just nauseatingly biased. Presenters and pundits who aren't even embarrassed to admit they are supporters of certain teams. BT and Sky are not much better though - who actually considers Sutton an impartial commentator? Not even any pretence of impartiality.

The tims in the media say this over and over. Their dream is for us to hound the man out if we don't win anything this season. Thickos like Dalziel and Derek Ferguson usually go along with the narrative set by these bitter bastards.

Within 30 rescinds it turns into a ‘will pressure mount for him to be sacked if he doesn’t win the League or the Scottish Cup this season.’

You couldn’t make it up. Well, not in a normal country.
Heard it, Dodds and Stewart are delusional arseholes

Its pretty obvious to anyone impartial that the board/club will have considered the possibility that we still might not win a trophy this year.
The fact we have qualified for the Europa group stage two seasons on the trot and have now made the last 32 will very much feel like a trophy for the board. The income Europe brings is absolutely essential and the gaffer is delivering and then some!

Within 30 rescinds it turns into a ‘will pressure mount for him to be sacked if he doesn’t win the League or the Scottish Cup this season.’

It was Billy Dodds that posed the question, and Michael Stewart struggled to contain his delight at getting the chance to answer it.

this tells you how crap BBC Scotland is:

Liverpool's Andy Robertson or Celtic's Scott Brown for Scottish football person of decade? Fatson and Dodds discussing it, not a surprise Fatson goes with lego eater. Despite the fact it's probably not Robertson, he's won the Champions League and been involved in another CL Final, legoeater probably couldn't even do that on Football Manager :D

this tells you how crap BBC Scotland is:

Liverpool's Andy Robertson or Celtic's Scott Brown for Scottish football person of decade? Fatson and Dodds discussing it, not a surprise Fatson goes with lego eater. Despite the fact it's probably not Robertson, he's won the Champions League and been involved in another CL Final, legoeater probably couldn't even do that on Football Manager :D

How many times is that now that Broonaldo was on the end of 6 and 7 -0 doings in Europe, those humiliations and annihilations that BBC Scotland conveniently forget about. ? :))

Aye, hes under that much pressure we offer him a new extended contract. If they cant see how good a team we are since he came we know what one they support. We cant win with the mhedia, you wont get any balanced reporting from them as they have an agenda to keep to

I turned clyde 1 on monday night, first time in years. Pure curiosity to hear them spit it out that their goal was offside, now that everybody had saw the video playback. Shouldve known better though cause shug was not convinced, and bitter lemon had delivered an extraordinary feat of achievement.

Total basket case of a show lol

I just don't remember the last time I listened to their propaganda, and that is what they pour out at our nation, and the Rangers fans in particular, F--k Them, All.

They're trying to engineer the clowns in our support that still tune into that garbage to turn on the manager.

I suppose if we end up with no silverware it depends the manner we lose the remaining 2 trophies.

I still can't believe we don't have the first trophy of the season, but we don't. If we go as close as that in the league then it would be ridiculous to call for a change.
But just for arguments sake, if we fall away badly in the title race and finish 10 points behind, and we go out the cup the way we did to Aberdeen last season, there will be some grumbling.

Don't think for a minute all that is likely, even if the Radio Scotland haters would love it to happen.

expert analysis as always. last time i heard you don't offer someone an improved and more expensive contract if you have any intentions to sack him.

They wish Gerrard was managing their paedo supporting, terrorist loving scum club. It's called jealousy. Personally, I could never bring myself to listen to this or radio catholic but I suppose someone has to, in order to keep tabs on their bigotry.

What you would give for the days of David Francey and Bob Crampsey,instead of these muppets.

As soon as he wins something they’ll accuse him of lacking ambition if he doesn’t leave for someone like Crystal Palace.

It’s the exact same situation as Morelos they fear the both of them and will do anything to drive both them out the country and away from us

And it's another of many wonderful attractions of us hopefully winning the league this season.

BBC Radio Silence.

Will be lovely to see them squirm as to why no coverage.

Any manager of Rangers or Celtic is under immense pressure to win trophies. So this is not an unusual topic for them to discuss.

To be fair with them, if we don’t win the league or cup this season, and go out of Europe either last 32/16 then for me it’s disappointing.

Can’t keep saying we’re we’ve been ect.

Gerrard has worked wonders so far. Outstanding progress. But we al know with rangers is about winning trophy’s! Fingers crossed he can shut this critics up!

Back