Radio Scotland just now they are doing long piece about UEFA and awarding titles etc

4K a month more , the Fergusons are used for a reason intellect and intelligence are included

If Rangers were winning a Cup final 5-0 against that mob with only 5 minutes left and was then abandoned, would the " experts " on BBC Scotland be saying we should get the trophy ? They'd all be pissing themselves laughing at the match being abandoned.

I try to defend our ex players as much as possible but if Barry Ferguson said that he should be bloody ashamed.
2 weeks ago he said the league needs to finish or null and void with no winner or relegation.Changed his tune for reasons unknown although i hazard a guess that he pandering to his 19th Century Terrorist mates to stay relevant.He can piss off to the wilderness for all I care.

Last edited:
Why don’t they just call this season null and void all over Europe, and start next season’s Champions League and Europa Leagues again?

No qualifiers, and those that had qualified for the groups in those competitions at the start of season 19/20 are in the group stages again for season 20/21, which are redrawn.

It puts an end to this ridiculous handing over of titles and without qualifiers it gives every thing time to settle down and players get a proper pre season and are fresh to start.

This option just is NOT going to happen. Either the season is completed whenever OR if unable to play by a give date Celtic will be awarded title.

This option just is NOT going to happen. Either the season is completed whenever OR if unable to play by a give date Celtic will be awarded title.
Sadly this is it, and the way things are the going the season will be completed over the summer despite it being played in empty stadiums devoid of atmosphere

Sadly this is it, and the way things are the going the season will be completed over the summer despite it being played in empty stadiums devoid of atmosphere

Not a chance mate. The Raith Chairman today said there was a recognition in Scotland that it would be a while before we were playing football again. He was suggesting October onwards. Budge seemed to be suggesting after August, and the Sheep Guy was talking about 6 months as well.

Allowing for a few weeks for the players to do a pre-season I’d say we will be lucky to be playing competitive football for a long time yet.

Last edited:
Not a chance mate. The Raith Chairman to day said there was a recognition in Scotland that it would be a while before we were playing football again. He was suggesting October onwards. Budge seemed to be suggesting after August, and the Sheep Guy was talking about 6 months as well.

Allowing for a few weeks for the players to do a pre-season I’d say we will be lucky to be playing competitive football for a long time yet.
What the likes of the Raith chairman wants and what will actually happen will be two completely different things. It may well be a July-August marathon but season 2019/20 will more than likely be completed

Admittledly there will be less pressure from the TV companies to get things moving for us than down south but there’s still too much riding on those TV deals for both the season gone and forthcoming one for it to be ignored.

Especially as it seems every other big and medium sized European league bar Belgium are resolved to get it done this summer.

That prick McInnes now sees “common sense” in crowning then champions.

I really struggle to ever think of him as one of us, he can’t get any further up their arse.

BBC must be working overtime to see how many ex-Rangers they can get to back them up today.

What the likes of the Raith chairman wants and what will actually happen will be two completely different things. It may well be a July-August marathon but season 2019/20 will more than likely be completed

Admittledly there will be less pressure from the TV companies to get things moving for us than down south but there’s still too much riding on those TV deals for both the season gone and forthcoming one for it to be ignored.

Especially as it seems every other big and medium sized European league bar Belgium are resolved to get it done this summer.

It was nothing to do with what he ‘wants’ or ‘gets’ - simply an opinion from inside the game - and specific to Scotland. Yeah, we can dismiss it as ‘it’s only Raith’ but you’d imagine he will be privy to conversations within the Scottish game. Neither the Aberdeen guys nor Budge were confident of an early restart either, certainly not July.

Personally I think football is burying its head in the sand regarding a restart but I know from your posts in The Lounge you are more in the ‘it’s not going to be as bad as we are told’ camp. Time will tell.

Last edited:
It was nothing to do with what he ‘wants’ or ‘gets’ - simply an opinion from inside the game - and specific to Scotland. Yeah, we can dismiss it as ‘it’s only Raith’ but you’d imagine he will be privy to conversations within the Scottish game.

Personally I think football, is burying its head in the sand regarding a restart but I know from your posts in The Lounge you are more in the ‘it’s not going to be as bad as we are told’ camp. Time will tell.
Indeed, maybe it’s more in hope than expectation but given football didn’t stop during the Spanish Flu or Hong Kong flu pandemics - and we didn’t have anything like the medical capabilities to deal with those as we do now - then it’s perfectly feasible it will be up and running again in a couple months time once the curve has been flattened and the health services have breathing space.

Howver like many things with this virus there’s still a lot of unknowns such as mutations, 2nd waves and transmission rates so for everyone really it’s more a hunch or estimation as opposed to reality and practice.

Not a goer in Scotland the PFA have said so.
No fans , no games . The PFA simply won’t allow that scenario .
Do the PFA want their members to be paid and contracts honoured? I’m guessing that will trump their concerns over empty stadiums

End of the day money underpins everything in professional football. If this virus goes as predicted then there could/should be a window for playing games every other during the summer.

But it’s still all conjecture at the moment

Do the PFA want their members to be paid and contracts honoured? I’m guessing that will trump their concerns over empty stadiums

End of the day money underpins everything in professional football. If this virus goes as predicted then there could/should be a window for playing games every other during the summer.

Players won’t be bothered about the money their contracts are water tight . Think about it how can a players union give the green light for contact sport while the rest of the country is still social distancing from a deadly virus ? It just won’t and cannot happen

Players won’t be bothered about the money their contracts are water tight . Think about it how can a players union give the green light for contact sport while the rest of the country is still social distancing from a deadly virus ? It just won’t and cannot happen
Aye until clubs go bust.

Things will be different come June for some of the restrictions if the current trends are anything to go by in terms if having more of a handle on this virus. Will see how things go the next 3 or 4 weeks , we’ll know soon if closed doors football is viable as the virus should be on its way out for the time being if the transmission rates are suppressed. And I’m guessing all players would be getting tested before games to be double sure

The English top flight will definitely be finishing imo, too much money riding on the TV deals. Whether or not ours decide to just say ‘fk it, the money we will lose is insignificant’ depends on how Sky and BT play ball with monies owed. Our clubs can’t afford to turn their noses up at the paltry offerings we are due either

Aye until clubs go bust.

Things will be different come June for some of the restrictions if the current trends are anything to go by in terms if having more of a handle on this virus. Will see how things go the next 3 or 4 weeks , we’ll know soon if closed doors football is viable as the virus should be on its way out for the time being if the transmission rates are suppressed. And I’m guessing all players would be getting tested before games to be double sure

The English top flight will definitely be finishing imo, too much money riding on the TV deals. Whether or not ours decide to just say ‘fk it, the money we will lose is insignificant’ depends on how Sky and BT play ball with monies owed. Our clubs can’t afford to turn their noses up at the paltry offerings we are due either

Defintley not behind closed doors though .

Our PFA will look mighty silly refusing to play BCD when the English league and more than likely other leagues start playing BCD.

Let's not forget that we've already had the CL, Europa, and the top leagues in the world have all played games BCD before the pandemic really settled in. The various PFAs didn't stop it then despite the stark warnings.

Your expending a lot of energy into arguing a case for the mhankies in these threads fellow Bear. Amongst others - you could be wrong.

For instance: Money/Finance doesn't trump everything - you are wrong there mate.

The LAW is king.

Remember that.

Your expending a lot of energy into arguing a case for the mhankies in these threads fellow Bear. Amongst others - you could be wrong.

For instance: Money/Finance doesn't trump everything - you are wrong there mate.

The LAW is king.

Remember that.
And the law is fluid and ever changing in the current situation. What’s in place now won’t be in place in 8 weeks time, and the virus hopefully won’t be as destructive and uncontrollable by then.

Im hardly arguing their case - which is for them to be handed the title by default with 9 games left to spare in our case.

Ideally I would want the Scottish league to be null and void, as sadly I can’t see us catching them, but I’d rather the remaining games were played out and we had a go at offering some redemption for 2020 so far and making those bastards earn their title if they are to get it as opposed to being handed it by default.

Leagues across Europe will be expected to give it a go in getting the fixtures completed IF the virus continues to follow the trends we are seeing - and closed doors games will be the likely solution to combining this with protecting public health.

The sooner things get back to ‘normality’ the better for all of us, although there are so many variables up in the air just now with the virus and how it will pan out. We’ll see - im out of this thread now and away to watch big Teflon Don in the main covid lounge one

Aye until clubs go bust.

The problem with ‘closed doors’ is the 30,000 Liverpool fans outside the stadium as they try to clinch the title. Or the crowds outside Ibrox and the DhimDome on the days of the Old Firm game. Won’t be much social distancing going on and the Emergency Services will be fully stretched. I just don’t see it.

Back