Radio Scotland you are a disgrace

Even local sheep radio up here were more gracious than BBC Scotland. Heard a wee piece on the news on my way home from work, in the car just there. Mainly about McLeish's memories of being his manger etc. They started the piece with a statement along the lines of tributes are pouring in from around Scotland and the wider football world...

Not from BBC Scotland though

Maybe after today more will realise the utter hatred these vile rats have for us. Nothing is beyond them if it involves negativity/hate toward us - absolutely nothing!

They should be publicly called-out by the club for these antics. They know they won’t be however - and that’s why different standards can be applied to us without fear.

The club are a cowardly disgrace in these situations also.

Sadly his Wikipedia page looks as though it has been created and edited by some filthy rat who has a personal dislike of the man, definitely a rabid mentally challenged no doubt.
There isn't even a mention of his treble-winning achievement of 2003.
If I could edit the page myself I would, I sincerely hope someone on here can do it.

Bloody shameful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Ricksen

There is part of it!

What on earth are they doing here!

Listening to that is absolutely dreadful. The man has died and they were besmirching his name for off field activities. When someone dies and you speak about them, naturally the tone of your voice changes, it’s softer, becomes more subdued and sounds sad.

There was no such tone in that bastards voice or his sidekick. Talking normally, almost happy that he’s dead. I am utterly astonished. I’m delighted that I cancelled my licence, I will not give these bigoted bastards one more penny for as long as I breathe. There are no levels they will not stoop to. I absolutely despair.

And to the guy in this thread who commented that what was said is true, you are just as bad as the bbc vermin and should have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. Disgusting.

I know him. He cares little about us or football in general. Grew up in Shetland as an Aberdeen fan but doesn’t take much interest now. Is responsible for cricket, rugby, boxing and golf for BBC Scotland. Only covers football if a big story breaks while he’s on his morning shift.

Worth remembering also that the content of stories is driven by the producer of the show, the presenters are handed the material and a microphone turned on.

The Dutch television did a good points and bad points report as well. they showed an interview of him where they mentioned a model and said you were lucky to get her into bed. His answer was "or she was lucky getting me into bed. That was the first time he appeared with slurred talk. His life was as it was and he did not hide that he was a bad boy. In fact he enjoyed being confronted by it. He had an addiction to alcohol and personally I don't see why that should be brushed under the carpet. I don't think he would want that either.

I know him. He cares little about us or football in general. Grew up in Shetland as an Aberdeen fan but doesn’t take much interest now. Is responsible for cricket, rugby, boxing and golf for BBC Scotland. Only covers football if a big story breaks while he’s on his morning shift.

Worth remembering also that the content of stories is driven by the producer of the show, the presenters are handed the material and a microphone turned on.

The times I have heard him on the radio he sounds as if he’s making the stuff up as he speaks. He stutters, there’s long pauses. Doesn’t sound as if he’s using a script at all. Also, I doubt very much if he has a producer for the sport stories that he covers. He’s a poor broadcaster and obviously influenced by all the other haters at BBC Scotland.

The times I have heard him on the radio he sounds as if he’s making the stuff up as he speaks. He stutters, there’s long pauses. Doesn’t sound as if he’s using a script at all. Also, I doubt very much if he has a producer for the sport stories that he covers. He’s a poor broadcaster and obviously influenced by all the other haters at BBC Scotland.

You’re broadly correct. Most of his reports are researched, collated and written by him. He then records his piece for radio or TV. As I said though, football isn’t in his remit. He only covers it if they need a presenter live at short notice for a breaking story. He won’t have written the section on Fernando today.

As someone else has said though, he seems to think that their approach today was acceptable and I disagree with that. He may also have had the chance to object to the line being taken although time would have been short in this situation. I’ll certainly discuss it with him next time I see him.

The Dutch television did a good points and bad points report as well. they showed an interview of him where they mentioned a model and said you were lucky to get her into bed. His answer was "or she was lucky getting me into bed. That was the first time he appeared with slurred talk. His life was as it was and he did not hide that he was a bad boy. In fact he enjoyed being confronted by it. He had an addiction to alcohol and personally I don't see why that should be brushed under the carpet. I don't think he would want that either.

If I was to respond to this insensitive and utterly foolish post the way I want to, then I would be banned.

I’ve met Phil once on a social occasion through a mutual friend. I found him a thoroughly likeable and pleasant guy.

That being said, I think he has let himself down here even if he didn’t write the material. He can take a stand and refuse to read out the offending parts of the article.

A grown man and a professional can state he finds it inappropriate and isn’t comfortable broadcasting material many will find hurtful, that is not a crucial part of the overall piece.
I knew him here in Shetland. A thoroughly dislikeable chap and thick as two planks. Both him and Jonathan Sutherland worked at BBC Radio Shetland in their early days. Probably both indoctrinated then and found out what they had to do to enhance their career at the Beeb in Scotland.

This is utterly inexcusable and quite frankly, deeply sinister.
Come on Rangers. Get this organisation permanently banned from our club.
Un
All of the negative stuff from the earlier bulletin has now been dropped.Can only assume the club have been onto them fuming, rightly so if that's the case. Scandalous.
Any condemnation is good but once again our club complain in secret, where the feck does that get us in making these scumbag look like the pieces of shyte they should look, honestly the club hasn’t the foggiest. Absolute revamp needed at Ibrox.

Strange they never mentioned at the time of his death that Jimmy Johnstone was an alleged domestic abuser with addiction issues or that McNeil knew about the child abuse and did nothing. BBC are an utter disgrace.
Listen pal the guys pan bread you don’t need to use the allegedly word, because there wasn’t an doubt about it Johnstone most certainly was an alcoholic and a wife beater, he also like the odd boat trip in a one man rowing boat down the river.

I wish Club 1872 were more robust in their dealings with the BBC CFC Pacific Quay.

I think a demonstration should be organised the next time sportscene airs. Hundreds of Bears outside the windows behind the ginger Sticky Eyed Yessir and St Thomson.

I wish Club 1872 were more robust in their dealings with the BBC CFC Pacific Quay.

I think a demonstration should be organised the next time sportscene airs. Hundreds of Bears outside the windows behind the ginger Sticky Eyed Yessir and St Thomson.
I have supported my club for nye on 45 years now but what does it say to the people that run our club and some of the people who back them, their completely blinkered to the actions that this utter slur on the memory of Fernando is either ignored or worse still complained about in secret letting the shyte that is BBC Shortbread once again off the hook.
George I’m a great fan of your posts but listen mate it’s time for our club to be accountable for the stuff that’s happening with the BBC, it’s well noted that I’m not Stewart Robertson’s biggest fan but rubbishing Fernados memory is one step too far, we have heard of Robertson’s infamous dossier on the BBC so two questions spring to mind
1.What is the point of said dossier.
2.What are you keeping a dossier if your not going to use it.
Again BBC Shortbread have crossed the line many times but by trampling on Fernados memory they have crossed a bridge too far.

every person who has every live now or in past or in the future will have feet of clay. and for any media looking in I will tell you what feet of clay means a weakness or hidden flaw in there character. so Fernando was just like every human being who has ever live. but Fernando had class something all of you in the media have not.

The tributes to Fernando on Sky sports and ITN were heart warming, really well done. Paid their respects to him as a player and rightly focussed on the astounding work he did to raise awareness and huge sums of money for MND as he bravely battled it.

I’m sure it’s just a massive coincidence that the Scottish media outlets who have a long history of issues with Rangers were the ones who sought to disrespect the man by focussing on a few petty misdemeanours from his playing days. Of course we know it isn’t a coincidence, the Scottish media are absolutely reprehensible and the Daily Record and BBC Scotland sank to unimaginable depths yesterday.

I’m sure the club did contact them, but that is no longer enough given the playground mentality and level of bitterness these outlets are now showing. They should be publicly shamed, I mean something has to be said about the Michael Mols article and accompanying photo, even by the Rebel’s standards that was absolutely disgusting. Absolute pond life that are employed by that rag.

They really are SCUM. Thank feck I just cancelled my TV licence, even though its the radio station, im sure some of that money would have made its way to them.

It funds radio stations too mate. Its how they can afford to run stations for remote communities like the Shetlands with low audience ratings. That is always their argument to when people oppose the licensing fees.

Listen pal the guys pan bread you don’t need to use the allegedly word, because there wasn’t an doubt about it Johnstone most certainly was an alcoholic and a wife beater, he also like the odd boat trip in a one man rowing boat down the river.

Okay ‘pal’ fair enough. Point remains double standards not helped by the clubs long standing ‘dignified silence’ policy. Which isn’t now and never has worked. Time we grew a back bone and went on the ‘attack’ metaphorically speaking.

BBC need to be introduced to my little friend, my hatred for them has no bounds, its symptomatic of Scottish society in general, be careful my friends because you are losing this fight and unlike your American cousins have no way to ensure your government and the corrupt fourth estate fearyou

What an Rsole station who would air such despicable bile when the guy has just died, may ye reap what ye sow Karma is coming.

Even local sheep radio up here were more gracious than BBC Scotland. Heard a wee piece on the news on my way home from work, in the car just there. Mainly about McLeish's memories of being his manger etc. They started the piece with a statement along the lines of tributes are pouring in from around Scotland and the wider football world...

Not from BBC Scotland though
Yes I was in Aberdeen yesterday and Original where more gracious then BBC

Hadn't heard the BBC coverage this morning and have just caught a recording of it there. Absolutely disgusting. A man has just died after suffering from a horrible illness and they are essentially having a go at him and making him out to not be a good person.

It funds radio stations too mate. Its how they can afford to run stations for remote communities like the Shetlands with low audience ratings. That is always their argument to when people oppose the licensing fees.
On the other hand, the fact they can throw money at these stations impacts regional commercial stations. If they couldn't overspend, there would be better competition

Back