Raheem Sterling

Why is it that people dislike him so much? I actually felt sorry for him for a while, he seemed to be picked on by the tabloid press down south. Printing mocking stories because he earns a mint but had the audacity to fly with EasyJet and all that carry on.

Very useful player but World class? Nowhere near it. And he's a tit!

Useful player?!

You've been smoking something haven't you.

Seriously though, have a word with yourself. If he was nowhere near world class why would he still be playing for Guardiola at such a club? Jesus.

[QUOTE="Coisty09, post: 6430110,
However, he is nothing other than a very wealthy young man paid an awful lot for kicking a ball around for a very comfortable life.
That about covers every professional footballer.
[/QUOTE]
This is the point I am making. He should limit public utterances to football as that is what he is an expert at!

Useful player?!

You've been smoking something haven't you.

Seriously though, have a word with yourself. If he was nowhere near world class why would he still be playing for Guardiola at such a club? Jesus.
He went 23 games for England without scoring a goal which doesn't scream world class to me. John Stones plays for Guardiola - so by your logic he must be world class as well! Wow!
You might have hard on for Sterling. I don't.

He went 23 games for England without scoring a goal which doesn't scream world class to me. John Stones plays for Guardiola - so by your logic he must be world class as well! Wow!
You might have hard on for Sterling. I don't.

Absolute nonsense post!

Seriously, go easy on the drugs for your own sake.

His stats are among the best in the world for club and country. Right among the likes of Lewandowski and Aguero who are noted as being the best. At his best his all round games is brilliant too. So how isn’t he world-class?
His all round game isn’t brilliant whatsoever

Lewandowksi, Benzema, Firmino have a brilliant allround game. Kane doesn’t

There’s a reason he’s still at Spurs at this age. If a Madrid, Bayern, PSG wanted him he’d be there in a shot

His all round game isn’t brilliant whatsoever

Lewandowksi, Benzema, Firmino have a brilliant allround game. Kane doesn’t

There’s a reason he’s still at Spurs at this age. If a Madrid, Bayern, PSG wanted him he’d be there in a shot

Madrid had Ronaldo for years and still have Benzema. Bayern have Lewandowski. PSG Mbappe. Enough said.

His stats are among the best in the world for club and country. Right among the likes of Lewandowski and Aguero who are noted as being the best. At his best his all round games is brilliant too. So how isn’t he world-class?

Kane is a good striker but nowhere near the levels of Lewandowski or Aguero. Could have argued the case a few years back but he's scored 11 goals from open play this season, and 13 from open play last season.

Kane is a good striker but nowhere near the levels of Lewandowski or Aguero. Could have argued the case a few years back but he's scored 11 goals from open play this season, and 13 from open play last season.

And was injured for a period of time in both of them.

His overall record is as good as both of those you mentioned, and all while playing for a much lesser club.

So Kane isn’t world class because teams actually sign other players?

Lmao. Bore off.

Your point was these teams didn't sign him because of the players you mentioned. If Kane is so good, why have none of these teams gone for him rather than the players they did sign?

Kane isn't world class because he's not world class. Offers very little unless he is scoring, which he doesn't do nearly enough. Vardy, Ings, Jimenez have all scored more goals this season for 'lesser clubs'.

He treated Liverpool despicably and engineered a move for himself.

Struggled big time after that move but Gaurdiola seems to have made him a player.

never world class.

there's not an English player who can be described as world class
Lots of players engineer a move. There aren't many better than him up top at any club and some that are, are getting to the end of their careers.

Your point was these teams didn't sign him because of the players you mentioned. If Kane is so good, why have none of these teams gone for him rather than the players they did sign?

Kane isn't world class because he's not world class. Offers very little unless he is scoring, which he doesn't do nearly enough. Vardy, Ings, Jimenez have all scored more goals this season for 'lesser clubs'.

How do you know any of the mentioned clubs didn’t make a bid for him at a some point? The answer isn you don’t, you have no idea as just like myself you’re not at all privy to that sort of information. If he does leave Spurs no doubt a number of top clubs will be linked strongly with him - and for a reason.

Regardless of what crap you try to put out, his actual career stats match up with the very best.

Struggled big time after that move but Gaurdiola seems to have made him a player.

never world class.

Harry Kane?

How do you know any of the mentioned clubs didn’t make a bid for him at a some point? The answer isn you don’t, you have no idea as just like myself you’re not at all privy to that sort of information. If he does leave Spurs no doubt a number of top clubs will be linked strongly with him - and for a reason.

Regardless of what crap you try to put out, his actual career stats match up with the very best.
You're right. If you've read about him, then you'll know he is a home bird. And there is much to admire in that. He may well be a one club man.

You're right. If you've read about him, then you'll know he is a home bird. And there is much to admire in that. He may well be a one club man.

Exactly. I don’t believe for a second Kane is at Spurs because he hasn’t had the opportunity to go elsewhere. He’s there because he has waned to be there or because Spurs priced him out of any move.

That about covers every professional footballer.
This is the point I am making. He should limit public utterances to football as that is what he is an expert at!
[/QUOTE]
It's the media that makes his utterances public. Perhaps you don't want anyone airing an opinion unless they are acceptable to you.

No idea who has or hasn't bid for him - my point is he's not at one of these top clubs and of those you mentioned, they have signed other forward players. You can quote stats all day long, you'll never convince me Harry Kane is at the same level as Lewandowski, Aguero or Suarez, for example. I'd take Jamie Vardy before Harry Kane.

No idea who has or hasn't bid for him - my point is he's not at one of these top clubs and of those you mentioned, they have signed other forward players. You can quote stats all day long, you'll never convince me Harry Kane is at the same level as Lewandowski, Aguero or Suarez, for example. I'd take Jamie Vardy before Harry Kane.

Which only proves you’re not quite all there, as good as Vardy has been!

And of course you don’t care about facts. People generally talking shite never do haha.

Which only proves you’re not quite all there, as good as Vardy has been!

And of course you don’t care about facts. People generally talking shite never do haha.

It's maybe slightly old-fashioned but I don't base my opinion of footballers purely from figures on a website. If I did, however, it shows Kane has 138 goals from 769 shots, Vardy has 102 goals from 438 shots. If I want my number 9 to score goals (which I do), I'd want a guy that has a better goal/shot ratio. But then again, i'm talking nonsense and don't care about facts.

Anyway, I don't want to take up more of your time. Your hero is on the TV at the moment, and as far as I can see, he's played 65 minutes and had an incredible one shot on target.

It's maybe slightly old-fashioned but I don't base my opinion of footballers purely from figures on a website. If I did, however, it shows Kane has 138 goals from 769 shots, Vardy has 102 goals from 438 shots. If I want my number 9 to score goals (which I do), I'd want a guy that has a better goal/shot ratio. But then again, i'm talking nonsense and don't care about facts.

Anyway, I don't want to take up more of your time. Your hero is on the TV at the moment, and as far as I can see, he's played 65 minutes and had an incredible one shot on target.

Have a bit of that!

Quality response:))

Telt.

It's the media that makes his utterances public. Perhaps you don't want anyone airing an opinion unless they are acceptable to you.
[/QUOTE]
Many of his utterances start on social media. And like many footballers, for some reason these days, they seem to have the need to opine on matters on which they are clearly not qualified to comment.
Sometimes I will agree with the sentiments expressed but I always question their competence to opine on matters of a political or economic nature.

I absolutely hate him. No reason. Just do. Personal barber round his hoose every day for a trim and all that. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a gold statue of himself like Nani did.

Fantastic player who has became one of the best in his position in the world Imo under the guidance of Guardiola. He used to miss loads of chances by snatching at things now he has composure and generally finds the back of the net.

Ooft, that’s another KO right there.

Many of his utterances start on social media. And like many footballers, for some reason these days, they seem to have the need to opine on matters on which they are clearly not qualified to comment.
Sometimes I will agree with the sentiments expressed but I always question their competence to opine on matters of a political
Sometimes I will agree with the sentiments expressed but I always question their competence to opine on matters of a political or economic nature.
[/QUOTE]
I don't really want to drag this out but if stated opinions were limited to those whose competence was unquestionable then I and most of this board would be denied giving our opinions.

I very much like Man City and the way they play - especially under Pep. Unquestionably, the latter has improved Sterling's all-round game, but there are still flaws that, IMO, prevent Sterling from being a top-drawer, world-class player. His tendency, as has been noted, to miss the simplest of chances, and all too often he frustrates by making poor passing decisions. If we take De Bruyne as a yardstick of what it is to be a genuine 'world-class' footballer - as I think we must - then Sterling still has some way to go.

Sometimes I will agree with the sentiments expressed but I always question their competence to opine on matters of a political

I don't really want to drag this out but if stated opinions were limited to those whose competence was unquestionable then I and most of this board would be denied giving our opinions.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t want to prolong this either but the only comment I would make is you and I commenting on this board does not exactly influence the lives and thinking of millions of others.
Social media these days gives a platform to ‘influencers’ who invariably spout nonsense which is lapped up by impressionable followers.
It is a different and dangerous world and recent events show how instability and unrest can be sparked by an online mob mentality.

Not even gonna ask why you wouldn't consider Kane as world-class considering his record for both club and country. And it's not like Spurs are City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern or Juventus.

Alexander-Arnold, Sterling and Kane are among the best in their positions regardless of any lack of current form.
World class players especially strikers the main reason clubs and countries go far in tournaments I've never seen kane do anything worthwhile in europe it was mainly son and Lucas moura that got them to final last year and at euro 2016 kane did nothing plus 2018 world cup fair enough he might have won the golden boot but 5 penalties and 1 off the arse is hardly world class I think spurs play better when hes injured

World class players especially strikers the main reason clubs and countries go far in tournaments I've never seen kane do anything worthwhile in europe it was mainly son and Lucas moura that got them to final last year and at euro 2016 kane did nothing plus 2018 world cup fair enough he might have won the golden boot but 5 penalties and 1 off the arse is hardly world class I think spurs play better when hes injured

So you're just going to ignore the fact that his goals to games ratio for Spurs is on the same level as the other top strikers in football, all while playing for a lesser club? Were all them penalties and off his arse too?

Some absolutely deluded people here. Seriously, think about you're actually typing.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that his goals to games ratio for Spurs is on the same level as the other top strikers in football, all while playing for a lesser club? Were all them penalties and off his arse too?

Some absolutely deluded people here. Seriously, think about you're actually typing.
Other top strikers in football are winning there league's and winning European cups and have loads of medals in there drawers hes a top striker not saying hes shit but goals to games ratio doesn't mean fcuk all when you or your club has won nothing for years. His "goals" ain't doing much this year either as spurs probably wont even be in europe next year
Hes not even the best player at spurs imo son offers much more and is more enjoyable to watch

Seeing as you are steadfastly sticking to your stats argument, lets look at the players in the EPL with the most goals and assists against the top six since the start of 17/18 period:

8 involvements - 6 goals and 2 assists (Harry Kane)
8 involvements - 6 goals and 2 assists (Martial)
9 involvements - 7 goals and 2 assists (Rashford)
9 involvements - 6 goals and 3 assists (B Silva)
10 involvements - 6 goals and 4 assists (Sane and KDB)
11 involvements - 5 goals and 6 assists (Eriksen)
11 involvements - 6 goals and 5 assists (Lacazette)
12 involvements - 9 goals and 3 assists (Firmino)
13 involvements - 8 goals and 5 assists (Sterling)
14 involvements - 10 goals and 4 assists (Salah)

And just to include Vardy in this list, his overall stats are:

8 against Arsenal
7 against Liverpool
5 against Man United
5 against Man City
5 against Spurs
4 against Chelsea

Harry Kane's stats in comparison:

8 against Arsenal
5 against Liverpool
2 against Man United
2 against Man City
11 against Leicester
4 against Chelsea

Without context, stats are massively misleading and cannot be used to quantify how good a player is. I'm not suggesting Vardy is anywhere near world class, just explaining my reasoning as to why Kane isn't either.

At the end of this month, he will be 27 years old and has never won a single trophy in his professional career. He's only every played in 2 finals and lost them both. Aside from the number of goal you score, the games you score them in are more important, in my opinion.

Seeing as you are steadfastly sticking to your stats argument, lets look at the players in the EPL with the most goals and assists against the top six since the start of 17/18 period:

8 against Arsenal
7 against Liverpool
5 against Man United
5 against Man City
5 against Spurs
4 against Chelsea

8 against Arsenal
5 against Liverpool
2 against Man United
2 against Man City
11 against Leicester
4 against Chelsea

Without context, stats are massively misleading and cannot be used to quantify how good a player is. I'm not suggesting Vardy is anywhere near world class, just explaining my reasoning as to why Kane isn't either.

At the end of this month, he will be 27 years old and has never won a single trophy in his professional career. He's only every played in 2 finals and lost them both. Aside from the number of goal you score, the games you score them in are more important, in my opinion.
he really needs to leave spurs if hes going to win anything in his career but that'll be hard for him because what levy thinks hes worth nobody will pay that. Plus playing for boring Mourinho cant see him scoring as many as previous seasons and if that young boy Greenwood keeps going the way he is he'll be after that england number 9 shirt aswell

8 against Arsenal
7 against Liverpool
5 against Man United
5 against Man City
5 against Spurs
4 against Chelsea

8 against Arsenal
5 against Liverpool
2 against Man United
2 against Man City
11 against Leicester
4 against Chelsea

Stats are for prat’s

never world class.

Sancho???

Back