Raheem Sterling

Gerrard55

Lot of respect for the lad. Absolutely fantastic footballer and a real joy to watch. And the way he handles the constant unfair media attacks and the racism from neanderthals aimed against him is admirable.

By far one of my current favourite players in football outwith Rangers.

Didn't like him for a long time as I didn't think the hype matched his talent, happy to be proved wrong.

Well done lad.

Last edited:
Working under Pep has seen him go from “fast but clueless” to dangerous every time he gets the ball, even in an England shirt.
Probably the most improved EPL player this season.

Said tonight he’ll win the ballon d’or once the other 2 stop dominating. Such a dangerous player and unbelievable to think he’s still only 24

Now that he is a more consistent finisher, he is sensational. That was such a dodgy part of his game for a while. My Liverpool supporting pal told me Jordon Ibe was going to be better.

What pep has done with him is remarkable. Genuinely one of the best attackers in Europe now.

Also the amount of goals he scores inside the 6 yard box is incredible. Knows where to be and when. Our wingers should watch and learn.

Reactions: TQ3
How can you possibly believe that?

Clearly dont see much of him, the boy has been on fire this season.

Player of the year for me

I haven't seen as much of him this year in all honesty. What I have seen of him, he seems to drift in and out of games. Sane is a far better player

The most improved player in the epl.

I remember laughing when City payed c£50m for him thinking that it was a prime example of the over inflated EPL market.

However Guardiola has done a cracking job with him. The combination of his speed, directness, positioning & finishing makes him a very tricky forward & has resulted in him scoring an impressive amount of goals

I used to accuse him of being an over rated headless chicken but he really has came on leaps and bounds.
He also deserves massive respect for taking it to those racist c.unts in the stand. I honestly can’t believe a person would still (or ever did) behave like that never mind a stand full of them.

He always got into great positions but his finishing was normally woeful but these days he far more clinical.

In years gone by he was clearly a player of huge potential. He was frustrating at times but the talent was there. There were a lot of people who heavily criticised him as being overrated, etc. but anyone saying that sort of thing now either has no idea about football or are too stubborn to say they were wrong. Sterling is one of the best players around at the moment, probably the best in the EPL. Massive credit to the boy and to Guardiola.

I haven't seen as much of him this year in all honesty. What I have seen of him, he seems to drift in and out of games. Sane is a far better player
In what way is Sane a far better player?

Sterling is superb and at the moment its hard to argue he isnt the best winger on the scene at the moment.

Sterling is superb and at the moment its hard to argue he isnt the best winger on the scene at the moment.
The fact Pep plays Sterling way more regularly than Sane debunks that opinion.

Sterling is improving all the time

Mind boggling to see people call him overrated.

If anything he’s underrated.

Look how effective he is but I doubt he’d made into many punters EPL best 11.

I have been one of his biggest critics, potential was there but it wasn't being fully realised. His finishing and workrate were very questionable but in the last 2 seasons both have increased dramatically.

He makes create runs, gets into great positions and seems to read the came very well. He is now starting at that composure for the final product whether that be a good ball into the box or a finish.

A vastly improved player, probably POTY so far this year, if he could cut out his Sinclairesque diving, he would be perfect.

Never really been fussed with him as a footballer to be honest, his manager seems to rate him though so perhaps he has something about him.
I did catch a small piece of his interview on tv this morning and he came over very well.

You can't really compare them they play totally different.
Im not comparing as such, just in my opinion at this present time Sterling is better and probably more valuable to England though that could change in next round of games.

Sane is foreign therefore he is automatically better.

It's clear who the people who don't watch English football are, or made their opinion of Sterling years ago due to his price tag and refuse to change it when presented with new evidence.

Sterling has been brilliant for the last seasons, over 20 goals last season and will get nearer to 30 this season.

Facts don't lie.

What pep has done with him is remarkable. Genuinely one of the best attackers in Europe now.

Also the amount of goals he scores inside the 6 yard box is incredible. Knows where to be and when. Our wingers should watch and learn.

King of the back post tap in:)

If you play with a front 3 you need to clue up the right and left to be at the back post supporting the striker.

I still think from a technical point of view, he’s some way behind the absolute elite players. But his reading of the game and his finishing has improved so much, he’s just really hard to keep tabs on and makes all the right runs; that coupled with blistering pace and composure in front of goal makes him a constant threat to teams. All credit to him.

Not only a top player he appears to be a nice fella too, he is seen a lot around Wilmslow in Cheshire and has time for everyone apparently.

Back