Rail seating makes its debut at Spurs ground

The rails will allow the young team to snort the old peas and barley much more easily. Not sure if I like the idea of crash barriers at Ibrox, we finally got them in a corner after years.

I think it will be sensational.

And remember they're not moving grounds (well about 200 yards) so it is still their spiritual home - just a massive upgrade.

Think people are going to be surprised by the great atmosphere and noise generated - especially from the 17,000 single tier kop end.

62,000 in there every home game, packed to the rafters - will be some sight and sound.

In terms of modern stadia I think this one will be amazing.

There's no doubting it's a very impressive arena, & it has raised the bar for stadiums in this country, (it should at a billion quid) however it does seem more a multi event type stadium rather than a football stadium, & I don't know if that's a great thing for the atmosphere.

As people have said, it resembles more an NFL stadium, with wide open concourses and market areas etc. Its obviously been done with the NFL deal & potential future London franchise in mind, but I feel it sort of dilutes the identity a bit.

I applaud what Spurs have done with regards to trying to preserve & create atmosphere, but I'm just not sure it's something that can be manufactured easily, especially when everything is now new & shiny. It's been seen at umpteen new stadiums, with many claiming to have been designed with acoustics in mind.

I might be wrong, Spurs might buck the trend, but I think it's not easy to create a hostile atmosphere with 8000 corperate seats, large comfy wide seats, and 25000 'new' fans, many of whom will now be football tourists wanting to go to the latest shiny new stadium.

There's no doubt it will be a fantastic venue to take in a game / event. Not sure it will be the hostile arena that you would want from a football stadium, although not sure any top flight stadiums in the UK are now in this sanitised day & age.

The stadium looks fabulous. Even the facilities in and around the ground are state of the art, catering for supporters less fortunate than ourselves. Huge kudos to Spurs for getting this one ready and I look forward to a visit some time in the future. My last visit to the old WHL was poor due to a column in front of me and my mate giving a restricted view. No worries about that anymore.

As for atmosphere, there have been a number of comments on that on this thread. Just to reiterate, our atmosphere is shit at times and only in recent years has it improved thanks to the likes of the Union Bears, Blue Order, etc. Im my opinion it's been poor since the East/West enclosures were seated. Fans make an atmosphere and as long as Spurs do something on the pitch then they'll likely fill the ground with noise - there's the rub!

Shame such an impressive stadium is wasted on a set of fans who’s songbook consists of “come on you spuuuurs”, “when the spuuuurs go marching in” and “harry kane he’s one of our own”

Maybe a daft question. When you are sitting down does the handrail in front not obscure your view?

Shame such an impressive stadium is wasted on a set of fans who’s songbook consists of “come on you spuuuurs”, “when the spuuuurs go marching in” and “harry kane he’s one of our own”
“Spurs are on their way to Wembley”

If I was none the wiser I would think that is an MLS / NFL stadium.

It's visually very impressive but I'd be absolutely gutted for that to be become our stadium. Give me heritage and history like Ibrox / Highbury / WHL / Goodison any day of the week over a soulless bowl like that and Emirates etc.

The video of the grown man greetin when seeing the stadium is excruciating. It's an amazing ground no doubt, but come on to %^*&.

Maybe a daft question. When you are sitting down does the handrail in front not obscure your view?

Most likely will do but I'd imagine most, if not everyone that has a ticket for that section will be standing anyway, regardless of it not officially being a safe standing section 'yet'.

The only difference being that the seats will be able to be 'sat' on, when they officially turn it into a SS section the seats will be locked upright.

Last edited:
That's what can happen when the biggest TV companies create a monopoly.
It's sickening what's happened to Scottish football over the years, Sky has been the biggest factor

Stadium is impressive but so are the facilities

There are also numerous food and drink outlets, in which the food is cooked fresh and the pints are poured using bottom-up technology in less than five seconds. The stadium is entirely cashless – fans pay with contactless cards – and the service is consequently quick, queuing times reduced”

It annoys the shit out of me the mentally challengeds are the only club in the UK that has rail seating. I can't see the law being changed in England any time soon

It annoys the shit out of me the mentally challengeds are the only club in the UK that has rail seating. I can't see the law being changed in England any time soon

Shrewsbury Town are the only English side to currently have rail seating in use 500 rail seat area was install last May

As for them the creation of SPFL in 2013 allowed them to move that idea forward as before that standing wasn't allowed in the top flight in Scotland

I think it will be sensational.

And remember they're not moving grounds (well about 200 yards) so it is still their spiritual home - just a massive upgrade.

Think people are going to be surprised by the great atmosphere and noise generated - especially from the 17,000 single tier kop end.

62,000 in there every home game, packed to the rafters - will be some sight and sound.

In terms of modern stadia I think this one will be amazing.

Is the safe standing for "neds, cubs and fans that think they're better than others"?

FFS, there was nothing wrong with the old terracing design. Limit it in size and control the numbers allowed in. Its not rocket science. We're not suddenly going to find ourselves with a 100000 unruly crowd.

People are kidding themselves that isn’t a top stadium and would prefer the likes of Goodison or Highbury.

If we ever more to England or get bought over by a sheikh or what not then we’d probably get something similar built.

That and the new Juve stadium are brilliant modern stadiums.

A swear officer O'Malley I sawd the Spurz fans doin tha sectarian Rainjazz sang ra Hokey Cokey, ma sun Declan is Pyoor cryin himself ta sleep the night the noo , his uncle Brian is trying ta get him off.(Ta sleep)
8Uscsn.gif

Buzzing for this with Spurs being my English team. Can’t wait to get down for a game! Unbelievable stadium by the looks of it and will be plenty of atmosphere when that kop end is filled!

Really liking their new stadium. I'm not a fan of modern stadiums, I prefer old traditional stadiums but this is a belter.

It’s some place - can’t wait to get down to see it.

As for rail seating at Ibrox - it should be installed in the front tiers of the Copland and Broomloan imo. That could be done right away not really inconveniencing anyone.

Hopefully we eventually get permission for a ratio of 1.5:1 in these areas which will allow us to increase capacity for not a great outlay.

As for rail seating at Ibrox - it should be installed in the front tiers of the Copland and Broomloan imo. That could be done right away not really inconveniencing anyone.

Hopefully we eventually get permission for a ratio of 1.5:1 in these areas which will allow us to increase capacity for not a great outlay.

Could consider the GF as our safe standing section. Right across from the cameras. What a sight and sound that would be. The return of the Derry.

I like the idea of increasing the capacity too. It can be done as demonstrated in Germany. Cheapest method.

Due to the layout of the seating deck and row clearance it is likely that would 1:1 at Ibrox

Only way it would increase for domestic game is missing out row of rail seating

row A then C, then E etc but when an European game takes that row B, D, F etc have rail seating in place to ensure capacity is maintained

Back