Raise a glass to absent Bears.

Lost my dad a month earlier than you mate. The last game he saw was when we pumped them at Ibrox 4 2 on 18th Sep. He would have loved today.

Its one of the unique things we all share. Sitting where our fathers sat. Tracing our grandfathers steps, but in the end its never enough. All I can say though, is if youre like me, we take solice in great days like today. I sincerely wish you all the best, and let's hope your dad witnessed today. Much love mate

John Talbot Alloa, I believe the Smirnoff would have been flowing, God Bless you John.
I used to travel on the bus John Talbot ran many years ago, i know he had health issues and last spoke to him at my pals funeral, he was a top man, did he pass recently? i have been at the opposite end of the country for many years so don't keep bang up to speed with local news.

Sorry for your loss mate

Take some heart from today being a fitting send off. I raise a glass for you bro
Sorry
Sorry for your loss mate

Take some heart from today being a fitting send off. I raise a glass for you bro
Sad to hear that Renoranger. Condolences to all your family and friends. I think we should all raise another glass to you and your brother Robert.

Glass raised!
My brother Robert ( wee Rab ) who we buried today .
Sad to hear that Renoranger. Condolences to all your family and friends. I think we should all raise another glass to you and your brother Robert.

Glass raised!

I’ve raised a few glasses today but one special one to my Dad who passed in May a victim of covid. The man who took me to Ibrox in January 1968 as a nine year old and instilled a love of The Rangers in my two younger brothers and I which today Is burning brighter than ever. Here’s to you Dad I’ve no doubt you watched from above and saw The Rangers that you love.

Mate, one of the reasons I'm so intense at times. My dad was killed in Oct 2011. While we were leading the league. He missed all of our journey, and my personal one won't be complete till I can raise a glass to him as league champs
I believe with all my heart that your Dad will have been watching YOUR journey the whole time.
God bless and keep you Sir and here’s to your Dad.

What a truly beautiful thread. No single post has failed the criteria Bill Strath set down. Not a single one of the departed failed in their duty as a true Ranger if they have made such a mark on all of us

Indeed it is

We all argue bicker and have views on our club and institution but thats because we care

A club like no other and I am not afraid to stand loud and proud beside u all

My boy, 5 years ago today his brick went up in fernando rickson wall as a gift at what should off been his 21st at christmas .miss you lewis GBNF left a hreat big whole in mine and your siblings life.

As a parent I can never imagine this pain. I wish you and your family all my best love. Losing a parent is awful. Losing a child should never be experienced. Im so so sorry.

To my old boy too, gone nearly 4 years now. Season tickets together for 20 years, the first year going without him was tough and the day we lift our trophy again will be extra emotional, as it will be for so many others.

I'll raise a glass to him and to all the others mentioned, WATP.

I really think of my dad who died on his 86th birthday five years ago on days like this.
He saw some of the greatest who ever wore our jersey but died without seeing us recover.
I took him to his last game a month short of his 85th birthday (he hadn’t been for years before) when we won Div 3 v Berwick Rangers but he came away saying: ‘That’s not my Rangers.’
I will always hate those crooks and b@stards who stole his club.
That's poignant mate. Wish he'd seen where we are now on that long journey.

My brother who passed away in August aged 44, I was going through old Polaroid pictures today and found one of him with the away strip from circa 1988.

And for my Rangers daft boss who passed away in 2013. Huge Rangers man who would have loved seeing us fight back all the way to be able to enjoy days like today.

I really think of my dad who died on his 86th birthday five years ago on days like this.
He saw some of the greatest who ever wore our jersey but died without seeing us recover.
I took him to his last game a month short of his 85th birthday (he hadn’t been for years before) when we won Div 3 v Berwick Rangers but he came away saying: ‘That’s not my Rangers.’
I will always hate those crooks and b@stards who stole his club.

What a poignant post. I sincerely wish you all the best mate. You have a great command of language and have made some great posts ive truly enjoyed

Back