Raise a glass to absent Bears.

What a poignant post. I sincerely wish you all the best mate. You have a great command of language and have made some great posts ive truly enjoyed

Coisty raises an interesting point about his dad there.

We’ve all fought like hell to get our club back & I really hope we can get our club back to the top especially for the older bears in our Family & community.

Coisty raises an interesting point about his dad there.

We’ve all fought like hell to get our club back & I really hope we can get our club back to the top especially for the older bears in our Family & community.

None deserve it more than guys like yourself mate. See hearing from posters like you who can describe in detail a period in time before myself. Its like having a link back to my dad. I think any of us who share my story, appreciate the posts of guys like you Grigo. A true gentleman

None deserve it more than guys like yourself mate. See hearing from posters like you who can describe in detail a period in time before myself. Its like having a link back to my dad. I think any of us who share my story, appreciate the posts of guys like you Grigo. A true gentleman

Very kind comments HR. You are a credit to our magnificent club mate. Truly.

My gran who would back in the days when we regularly beat them would pick me up from the masonic where our bus went and take me back to hers so my mum wouldn’t know how smashed I was.

Would spend the journey telling her about the game and sit up with the tunes drinking with her many a night.

She passed in 2013 so wasn’t to see us get back up.

This ones for you Jeannie “Jinty” x

My boy, 5 years ago today his brick went up in fernando rickson wall as a gift at what should off been his 21st at christmas .miss you lewis GBNF left a hreat big whole in mine and your siblings life.
Losing loved ones is always hard but to lose a son or daughter is the worst nightmare anyone can endure. Hope you and your family find comfort in every way possible.

My gran who would back in the days when we regularly beat them would pick me up from the masonic where our bus went and take me back to hers so my mum wouldn’t know how smashed I was.

Would spend the journey telling her about the game and sit up with the tunes drinking with her many a night.

She passed in 2013 so wasn’t to see us get back up.

This ones for you Jeannie “Jinty” x
Grannies are class mate.
Lost count the number of times I knocked on my granny's door in the small hours of the morning, pished after a day at the football rather than going home to my ma.
She never once told on me and there was always a fry ready in the morning

Grannies are class mate.
Lost count the number of times I knocked on my granny's door in the small hours of the morning, pished after a day at the football rather than going home to my ma.
She never once told on me and there was always a fry ready in the morning

My gran always took my side when my mum lost her rag (rightly) in my grans eyes I could do no wrong. You never went hungry there. She was a govanite like my grandad. Genuine salt of the earth. I couldnt be prouder of them mate. Much like you must be

My gran always took my side when my mum lost her rag (rightly) in my grans eyes I could do no wrong. You never went hungry there. She was a govanite like my grandad. Genuine salt of the earth. I couldnt be prouder of them mate. Much like you must be
Exactly bud.
Both my grannies were superstars mate and although they couldn't have cared less about football, both proper staunch wee women.
Miss them both everyday

Dad-hero
Alan (Middy) Mills ,our club chairman
Nicky
Willie
16 months from hell losing those people from my life 5 years ago .
Life carries on but can't be the same but i know they would have been proud of the team today.
Something in me says this is the moment we are back on top ,the place we were over 12 years ago and sitting here raising a glass to those i ve lost and the to club we all love .

Absent Friends

First to Billy McKenzie who introduced me to the Rangers back in 1994/95 v Porto..died couple years ago from cancer.
Second to Willie Brennan from Rutherglen, (Victoria Bar) met him when caravaning. he loved the Gers and was a (surprisingly) great amateur footballer.Died just over a year ago..
RIP to both...

Second drink, a toast to George Nelson, who along with Tommy Thomson, died in the 1961 Ibrox disaster.

George's brother Roy is a smashing guy and the family are still big bluenoses.

Broke down and struggled putting my brush to the wording 'accidently killed at Ibrox Park' when restoring George's stone.

I crumbled, same doing Robert Grant's who died in the '71 disaster.

Overwhelming doing our fans headstones as they weren't natural deaths, lads were 22 and 21 respectively.

Don't drink so coffee mug raised, To Absent Friends.

Firstly to my dad who used to drag me to the games in the early 80s when we were pish.
Also my mate tam Duncan who's 70th birthday would have been yesterday.
Last but not least my euro trip companion Callum ogilvie, many a euro adventure we had over the years.

All members of the Dundee loyal

That was for you yesterday guys.......

Firstly to my dad who used to drag me to the games in the early 80s when we were pish.
Also my mate tam Duncan who's 70th birthday would have been yesterday.
Last but not least my euro trip companion Callum ogilvie, many a euro adventure we had over the years.

All members of the Dundee loyal

That was for you yesterday guys.......

A toast to my dad Tucker Hamill who took me to my first match against Dundee in a Scottish Cup 1/4 Final 6-3 win for my 9th birthday in March 1979. He was telling folk to lay off Alex Miller with a typical, "Hey you, cut it out" being a fellow Drumchapel man and regular in my dad's local The (Orange) Peel Bar.

Also to my Uncle Alex (Mel) Hamill who took me to my first full house at Ibrox against Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Cup in 1982 with a majestic Davie Cooper on show. Some atmosphere and a wee smell of whisky in the air from Uncle Alex' hipflask and many others around us in The Copland Rear. :)

Last edited:
One of the reasons I'm so bitter at the goings on since 2012 is the amount of Bears who passed, with their final memory of The Rangers being at our lowest ebb.

They will all be in my thoughts when we eventually regain, hopefully in not too distant future, our rightful place!

Exactly bud.
Both my grannies were superstars mate and although they couldn't have cared less about football, both proper staunch wee women.
Miss them both everyday
My gran hated football,my pop went to every game and could have named you every player in every Rangers team like every bear in that generation.
My gran knew the score.

God that is the first thing I’ll do when we win the league is have a glass of champagne at my grandpas grave.

To my Dad. Ian Mackay.

In 2006, my Dad took seriously ill. I had spent almost every weekend with him since I had been born. Playing and watching football.

I promised him, I'd only go back to Ibrox when he was ready. Four long years passed. But eventually we made it to the UEFA Cup final and the Scottish Cup that year.

Sadly, my Dad never made it back to Ibrox. His last match at Ibrox was a draw with Aberdeen in April 2006.

My Dad passed away in 2010. One of his last wishes that I go back. In March 2016, I returned for a match against St. Mirren. We won 3-1. The first song I heard that day was the Blue Sea of Ibrox. To this day, I get emotional every time it's played at Ibrox.

Thank you Dad.
That one today was for you.

Last edited:
Our supporters bus is named after our late Friend Gary Clark (you may of seen Gary Clark Loyal) flags around Ibrox. He passed away in 2015 at the age of 21 from cancer.

He would of absolutely loved today. He was was Rangers mad. Always have a wee think of him when Rangers do well as I know he will be up there going to tonto.

WATP

To my uncle Iain who took me to more games than I can ever count from 1982 to 2012 (I took him when I was old enough to drive). He never went to the Piggery as he wouldn't give them the money but it meant I got his tickets. Died in 2013, still can't believe hes gone. His name will live on in main stand section K (on the back of his seat). He would have loved to see that yesterday.

I think we all have a wee bit of PTSD from 2012 onwards. It seems like I can remember games with total recall from 1994 but from 2012 to 2016 I remember nothing. It feels different now. I hope that's us back. Let's deliver 55

Another old friend of mine and a good few on here will remember him . . . Jock Paterson from Kilmarnock, as big a bluenose as you’ll ever meet.

Big Jock used to stand near us in the old East Enclosure, used to love talking to him before a game. He was a great character.

A toast to my dad Tucker Hamill who took me to my first match against Dundee in a Scottish Cup 1/4 Final 6-3 win for my 9th birthday in March 1979. He was telling folk to lay off Alex Miller with a typical, "Hey you, cut it out" being a fellow Drumchapel man and regular in my dad's local The (Orange) Peel Bar.

Also to my Uncle Alex (Mel) Hamill who took me to my first full house at Ibrox against Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Cup in 1982 with a majestic Davie Cooper on show. Some atmosphere and a wee smell of whisky in the air from Uncle Alex' hipflask and many others around us in The Copland Rear. :)

Knew both Tucker and Mel from years ago in Drumchapel, never knew they had both passed on. Sorry to hear that

Back