Ralf Rangnick to become Manchester United Interim Boss - Gio related (sort of)

MosesMcNeil99

Looks like Rangnick is getting it for 6 months then moving in to a football development role - note in Ornstein’s tweet

‘Work permit process prevents 63yo leading #MUFC v Chelsea.’

The United game is on Sunday by the way so the timeline is the same. Just for anyone who thought Gio should have been down at half time on Sunday.

Looking at you Barry/Kevin!

Looks like Rangnick is getting it for 6 months then moving in to a football development role - note in Ornstein’s tweet

‘Work permit process prevents 63yo leading #MUFC v Chelsea.’

The United game is on Sunday by the way so the timeline is the same. Just for anyone who thought Gio should have been down at half time on Sunday.

Looking at you Barry/Kevin!
Braindead 90s attitude that think bawling and shouting (whilst breaking rules) helps

Never heard of him.

Also what happens if he does an excellent job in the next six months? Do they recruit another manager anyway?

Such a peculiar way to run a club.

Great appointment. I doubt you could find a better interm manager.

I know it says consultancy role after 6 months but Rangnick seems the perfect guy for their DoF.

Man Utd have been in dire need of a high end DoF for the footballing side of it for years. He would also gel well with Poch due to similar footballing philosophies.

Never heard of him.

Also what happens if he does an excellent job in the next six months? Do they recruit another manager anyway?

Highly rated by all accounts.

If Poch is their man I don’t understand why they don’t just go and get him now for however. I don’t think PSG would fight too hard to keep him either and they will probably just appoint ZZ anyway.

Never heard of him.

He's like Bielsa who influenced a lot of high end Argentinian managers.

Ralfnick is basically that x10. Nagelsman, Tuchel, Klopp, Marsch, Rose all either worked under him or are influenced by him. He is one of the main reasons for the rise in fast high press football and all the top German coaches. Along with the slew of top end managers from the Red Bull franchise

I'm not a Man Utd fan, but at last they are heading in the right direction with Rangnick overseeing footballing operations once they appoint a manager.

Woodward should never had been involved in footballing decisions.

It sounds like they are waiting to hear if Zidane is willing to take the role.
I don’t think Zidane wants to live and work in England.

Can’t speak the language (as far as I know) and the weather is shite compared to mainland Europe, especially Spain where he’s managed before.

Doesn’t appear to be interested at all from the reports during the week.
I'm not surprised. On paper it sounds like an unreal job but the reality is very different.

Trying to find a way to get 7 players to do the tactical and defensive job of 10 players would be a nightmare. As great as they are Neymar, Mbappe and Messi as they are now, do very little work out of possession. A counter press manager like Poch is never going to work when your front 3 don't press with any conviction.

You have a load of big egos. You've then got aging players like Messi, Ramos and Herrera. Mbappe leaving and who knows what saga will happen with Neymar next.

Basically a bit of a poisoned chalice. You'll win the league easy enough but PSG managers aren't judged in winning the league.

Very interesting to see what happens here, he will do one if they mess him about - why he never went to AC Milan. One ethos they seem to have at Red Bull due to him is they don't buy superstars, rarely do they sign anyone who has been there and done it as well - not sure how he will view someone like Pogba as well really.

Highly rated by all accounts.

If Poch is their man I don’t understand why they don’t just go and get him now for however. I don’t think PSG would fight too hard to keep him either and they will probably just appoint ZZ anyway.
I think Poch wants to win the league and put to bed all the talk about him winning nothing

This, and saying things like he'd like to see Balogun in midfield are among the growing reasons why I'm beginning to think KT won't be a future Rangers manager.
He won’t be a future Rangers manager until he develops a CV worth noticing.

I don’t think he has the temperament or the brains for it to be honest.

I remember after Howe dingied them they were discussing Rangnick as a possibility before they signed fat Ange. Good times.

I'm not a Man Utd fan, but at last they are heading in the right direction with Rangnick overseeing footballing operations once they appoint a manager.

Woodward should never had been involved in footballing decisions.
Woodward is a Bain like comedy figure but worse.

Staggering that he’s essentially been a DOF for years.

How can folk not have heard of Rangnick? :))

Same when a player is mentioned on here who played in Scotland for years and folk say they’ve never heard of him, always amazes me.
He's currently in Russia and has spent the bulk of his career in his native Germany.

I'm not a great follower of either Russian or German football.

Nor is he a 'big' name.

Woodward is a Bain like comedy figure but worse.

Staggering that he’s essentially been a DOF for years.
Very good at the commercial side and is one of the reasons for their financial and commercial growth but has absolutely no idea about the footballing side of it. Why they never hired an actual DoF for the footballing side of it is beyond me.

He's currently in Russia and has spent the bulk of his career in his native Germany.

I'm not a great follower of either Russian or German football.

Nor is he a 'big' name.
Fair enough, just something I struggle to wrap my head around.

I think the part bolded is subjective though. For me, Rangnick is a big name in modern football.

Fair enough, just something I struggle to wrap my head around.

I think the part bolded is subjective though. For me, Rangnick is a big name in modern football.
If he had have done what he has done with Red Bull at say Dortmund or Ajax you'd never hear end of him really. Doesn't get the credit he deserves from the media all in all. People just hear Red Bull and think they bought it all but it was very clever what they did regarding player recruitment and style and he was the main man behind it.

If he had have done what he has done with Red Bull at say Dortmund or Ajax you'd never hear end of him really. Doesn't get the credit he deserves from the media all in all. People just hear Red Bull and think they bought it all but it was very clever what they did regarding player recruitment and style and he was the main man behind it.
Definitely, the guy is superb at what he does and as someone mentioned above, has to take credit for managers like Tuchel and Klopp.

I'm not surprised. On paper it sounds like an unreal job but the reality is very different.

Trying to find a way to get 7 players to do the tactical and defensive job of 10 players would be a nightmare. As great as they are Neymar, Mbappe and Messi as they are now, do very little work out of possession. A counter press manager like Poch is never going to work when your front 3 don't press with any conviction.

You have a load of big egos. You've then got aging players like Messi, Ramos and Herrera. Mbappe leaving and who knows what saga will happen with Neymar next.

Basically a bit of a poisoned chalice. You'll win the league easy enough but PSG managers aren't judged in winning the league.
Which Poch didn’t! And that for me is a red flag from any PSG coach.

This guy seems to be getting a lot of people excited. I had never heard of him till a couple of weeks ago. He’s 63? And yet has never coached any of the big teams, if he’s so good why has no EPL team gone for him sooner? What has he won as a manager, 1 cup? Time will tell.

This guy seems to be getting a lot of people excited. I had never heard of him till a couple of weeks ago. He’s 63? And yet has never coached any of the big teams, if he’s so good why has no EPL team gone for him sooner? What has he won as a manager, 1 cup? Time will tell.
Chelsea tried last season. He was in talks with Milan as well. Have a read of the thread and you will learn a fair bit about him to be honest.

It’s a smart move if it’s been agreed that he takes on a DoF role or similar in the summer. Gets the lay of the land before they bring in the right manager.

Saying that, they’re pretty much tied to that plan now so could cause them headaches should he not do well, or does too well and isn’t interested in coaching full time

Big match for both sides on Thursday, would say Arsenal are marginal favs for top 4 if they win - would mean they are 8 points ahead of Man U.

Back