Raman tweet on next season

It’s ridiculous we’ve been asked to buy full price season tickets considering we won’t be back into Ibrox until February.
Not mention the fact we’ve also missed out on 5 games from last season we’ve paid for. Pretty poor from the board tbh!
Even the tramps are offering refunds for last season.
I know not everybody is in the position to do so right now but our club needs everybody who can to stand behind them right now to help them through this. "We'll support you evermore" is not just a song mate, it's a statement of intent.

Not overall no, I was responding to a post where someone said he thinks we will have sold tens of thousands already.
I Just found that doubtful right now with all the uncertainty.
I know I haven’t yet as I’m simply not in a position to having not worked or earned a penny in the last 9 weeks.
The renewal deadline is the end of June, I’m hoping my own circumstances will be a bit clearer by then and I’ll be able to renew, I’d be absolutely gutted to give mine up after 23 years.
It's been reported on here that we have already sold 20,000 season tickets. That is 2 x 10,000 so the phrase tens of thousands is factually correct. I hope your circumstances do improve btw which would allow you to renew, fingers crossed for you and every other in same boat

Not overall no, I was responding to a post where someone said he thinks we will have sold tens of thousands already.
I Just found that doubtful right now with all the uncertainty.
I know I haven’t yet as I’m simply not in a position to having not worked or earned a penny in the last 9 weeks.
The renewal deadline is the end of June, I’m hoping my own circumstances will be a bit clearer by then and I’ll be able to renew, I’d be absolutely gutted to give mine up after 23 years.

No worries mate. Many will be struggling this year, hence why I think we will see a drop off. Maybe to somewhere in the region of 35K. I only asked because I was being pedantic (again!) and, for me, 20k is still 'tens of thousands' LOL, that's all.:) Picking up a half-season ticket around Christmas might be the way many choose to - or have to - go.

I hope things improve for you and you find yourself able to renew your ticket - albeit its unlikely you'll actually get into the Stadium for a while. Family first in these hard times mate.

We're not near the end, it only seems that way because everyone is in lockdown and the numbers are going down. As soon as you allow mass gatherings the number of cases could easily skyrocket again.

Lockdown has made little difference but that's a discussion for the lounge.

I know not everybody is in the position to do so right now but our club needs everybody who can to stand behind them right now to help them through this. "We'll support you evermore" is not just a song mate, it's a statement of intent.
I paid my season ticket and mygers Membership on the Friday they were out. However it genuinely doesn’t sit well with me re the dialogue about all of this from the club.
Just don’t think there’s been anywhere near enough from the club on this.
If it’s true that we’re not attending until February then we aren’t far off paying for a full season without attending anyway if you include 19/20 and 20/21. I just think it’s pretty shocking considering the situation that a lot bears will find themselves in and the club are literally paying lip service to it all.
We are paying full price yet our underachieving players are still getting their full salary for doing nothing for 3/4 months. It stinks tbh!

That tweet is comprised of numerous scenarios, ranging from likely to unlikely. If the league is competent they should have a business continuity plan for many scenarios.

The last sentence is absolute nonsense though. Raman has very very very little idea about crowds returning. The SPFL at this stage probably have very little idea about crowds returning. The UK and Scottish governments will have an idea, however this will constantly change dictated by Science.

We can all make assumptions, however it’s the government (via scientists and the dentist :rolleyes: ) that will tell us what we do.

This is where it all comes unstuck,we're fcked!!

Looking into my crystal ball. SPFL Decide that football being played is too unsafe, can’t fit fans into stadiums because of second wave. Cancel 2020/21 season and award Celtic title on a boardroom show of hands, based on the fact that celtic “deserve the title just because” peter lawwell present at the meeting, along with some heavies to “encourage” members to raise their hands. League cup and Scottish cup go to celtic by default because peter asked if he could be awarded them, neil says of course mate, no problem.

Scottish football eats itself up and disappears into oblivion as 99% of clubs go bust, and no games can be played anyway, and no funding can be “handed out” as there was no sponsor money or prize money available, no games played so no cash to be won. Plus celtic decided that dishing cash out to clubs in keef wasn’t suitable at this time because it would affect how his club would operate.

celtic end up playing in its own inaugural Scottish Premier League, with only 1 club, them. Every other club has either went bust or moved on to other leagues. Peter is delighted to win all infront of him, as it appeases the diseased fans of his horrible club.

Scottish footballs next chapter... all in 2020/21

We do have assets you know

No one realistically knows how season 2020-21 will pan out but if you consider the worst case scenario from Raman's tweet that games will be played behind closed doors until Febraury and even them Ibrox will not be anywhere near half capacity there is the strong possibility that most ST holders will be lucky to attend 5 league games at most.

Rangers have all but retained the ST money for the 5 remaining home games not played this season, they surely would not even suggest doing likewise again for next season meaning the majority of ST holders money would have to be refunded, costing the club easily upwards of £10M.

Also full house Euro games which have been massive earners for the club in the past two seasons are not going to happen.

ST and gate receipts make up a massive proportion of our annual revenue and this stream will cause a giant financial hit to our coffers next season. We all like the club to spend on new signings each summer but with all the unknows for next season I am genuinely asking if perhaps we hold fire on spending big this close season.

Dundee wouldn't benefit unless they went for the extreme 16 team option.

They've served their purpose & have been tossed aside.

16 sounds too many to me, could be wrong depends what the Celtic board decide i suppose but 14 keeps the old firm games, saves Hearts from any court action and rewards Dundee for their vote change. One or two diddy clubs may need to be put under pressure but votes can be fixed, changed whatever it takes.

A play off between Inverness and Dundee to decide club 14 which Inverness will lose.

Dont think Dundee went to this hassle just to get a friendly game or a loan signing id expect Doncaster told them we need Edinburgh and Dundee derby games for the tv.

Nothing will surprise me now with this lot, and I mean nothing.

Next up, all games must be played at a neutral venue in the east end of Glasgow. Stadium can be decorated with teams flags, however only green and white ones permitted.

It’s ridiculous we’ve been asked to buy full price season tickets considering we won’t be back into Ibrox until February.
Not mention the fact we’ve also missed out on 5 games from last season we’ve paid for. Pretty poor from the board tbh!
Even the tramps are offering refunds for last season.

"We were asked."

Exactly. Not forced.

Either that or the club goes under and we suffer decades of mentally challenged dominance.

You can't or don't want a season ticket, don't buy one. Easy.

As long as we have social distancing there will be no away fans at any match. There will be no supporters buses running as they would need to be at least half empty. Public transport will also be very restricted. It may be that when games start it will be only for those fans lucky enough to be within walking distance of Ibrox.

Back