Raman tweet on next season

GimmeShelter

Official Ticketer
Interesting tweet from Raman on next season.

Someone replied about PT and Falkirk going into an extended Championship but he said he didn’t think that would be a goer.

Probably a good bit of guesswork involved there, he’s probably been fed some info as well though.

Truth is it’s difficult to forecast at this stage, no fans before February seems ridiculous, that’s 9 months away, there is no way they will make a prediction that length of time away.

Just goes to show again how much of a farce ending the season now looks and the fact that next season will potentially be even shorter. Neither a finished season yet the SPFL will do anything to get them to 10.

These two seasons (if next proceeds like he says) need to completely removed from any record. Only in Scotland would that not happen.

If that’s true then there won’t be a old firm game before February. Sky will insist they have fans for them. Prob just play 1 a month February - May. The old firm was the first game cancelled. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was first game back with fans at parkhead

To be fair if it’s 18 games that suits us we will win the league before the winter break which seems to %^*& is up every year

Think he means Championship 18 games mate.

To be honest I really think playing behind closed doors will favour us rather than them. An empty Piggery could also see them drop more points at home.

To be fair most of the clubs in this shitey league have %^*& all fans there anyway. Pretty embarrassing when we take up 2/3 stands and the home teams pathetic support can’t fill the other.

If it's 18 games then the Championship could feasibly start in January/February, allowing the games to have fans. What would be the point in trying to force an October kick-off?

This whole reconstruction is just pish that is holding everything back, not just legal issues.

How can they vote on reconstruction when in the championship they think they will play 50% of games and no league 1 or 2.

Is it not the case that it the Premiership doesn't start on 1 August then Sky can cancel the existing 5 year contract as the SPFL would be in breach - obviously Sky would renegotiate but on much less favourable terms?

Is it not the case that it the Premiership doesn't start on 1 August then Sky can cancel the existing 5 year contract as the SPFL would be in breach - obviously Sky would renegotiate but on much less favourable terms?

I don’t think Sky will be ‘baddies’ in this. The contract will work as planned - but with payments delayed until the footie starts. And that, right there, will be the issue. The clubs desperately need the dosh as soon as possible.

They will. It will mean more potential subscriptions
Just wait till the redundancies kick in post furlough. The number of Sky subscribers are about to plummet.

Throw into the mix that games with no fans is about as watchable as songs of praise so Sky is not the panacea that Dungcaster and co hope it will be.

Sky have an expensive contract that the SPFL are desperate to honour, Im not so sure though that Sky will be that keen to honour it as they will not be getting the product that they thought they were buying. I would be delighted if they decided it simply want worth the bother and bailed out.

Think he means Championship 18 games mate.

To be honest I really think playing behind closed doors will favour us rather than them. An empty Piggery could also see them drop more points at home.
Are you saying that they get behind the team more? Not having a dig btw, you may have a point.

Just goes to show again how much of a farce ending the season now looks and the fact that next season will potentially be even shorter. Neither a finished season yet the SPFL will do anything to get them to 10.

These two seasons (if next proceeds like he says) need to completely removed from any record. Only in Scotland would that not happen.
They can call it 10 all they want, I'll never recognise it. I wasnt going to recognise it anyway.

so fans will be paying season tickets to basically keep clubs afloat?big ask when people are on furlough and being made redundant that clubs would ask for money with no access to games.

I’m sure that’s being examined right now on how to just award them every thing going from here on in by a dodgy vote
It is certainly not beyond the thinking of any right minded Celtc biased football administration to squeeze them into both the Champions League and the Europa League next season. I don’t see why that can’t be done. SPFL, get it sorted, cheers.

Interesting tweet from Raman on next season.

Someone replied about PT and Falkirk going into an extended Championship but he said he didn’t think that would be a goer.

E2eKcR7.gif

I don’t think Sky will be ‘baddies’ in this. The contract will work as planned - but with payments delayed until the footie starts. And that, right there, will be the issue. The clubs desperately need the dosh as soon as possible.

Couldn't wait to end football to gift Celtic the title.

Then, once plot has been hatched.

Can't wait to get football started again.

Transparent to few but not to many, that's the current Scotland for you.

I see this getting dictated by the likes of the Scandinavians. The way they’re going they’ll have fans in stadiums by season start. They’re certainly showing a lot more bottle than the UK is.

I cant wait till it starts up again. Missing it now big time, I sincerely hope fans are in before February right enough.

February wouldn't surprise me.
I've heard all music gigs are cancelled for the rest of the year and what comes after that is anyone's guess.

No fans until Feb will be a very tough sell for any Premiership club to get season ticket money in.

How big a refund will Rangers have to offer if this cimes to pass.

If it is Feb before the turnstiles open it seems capacities will be cut by more than half, that would see less than 25k at Ibrox (as well as the headache of how the club decides who gets to go to attend any game). Rangers are going to suffer a massive financial hit the if this all comes to pass, so much so that surely it would be best to forget any transfers other then Bosmans this summer to ensure we have the funds to get through this crisis.

Should prob just arrange to give Lawwell the title the now.
if any of this Cloak n dagger 5hit is going on, it will to be his benefit

Are you saying that they get behind the team more? Not having a dig btw, you may have a point.

I wouldn't say they get behind the team more, looking at it from a couple of different angles.

One thing I hate to admit but have to is that we have buckled in the last 2 seasons almost identically. I’ve been to most of them games, aways to Kilmarnock, home to the Sheep, away to St Johnstone and felt the same after each game. The team couldn’t cope with the pressure from the stands. Not a criticism of the fans of course but playing in an empty stadium means the players won’t feel that pressure.

Another factor is the tricky away games. You would think that Rangers and Celtic will both face the same problems at each ground but I always feel that teams and fans just try that bit harder against us. You can feel and see the differences in atmosphere (maybe Hearts the exception)

Look at the game against the Sheep this season. Yes we shouldn’t have let go of a 2 goal lead however the Sheep and their fans never gave up and I’ve no doubt they helped spur their team on to the comeback so they could get one over on us. Look at their game against the Scum. Practically gave up before the start and 3/4-0 down at half time.

One last point I thought off is referees. There’s no doubt over the years that the scum support has been able to influence refs especially at the Piggery. I still think back to Zander Diamonds disallowed last minute goal in 2008 for nothing which would have pretty much killed their title chances. Again no fans might mean Refs won’t buckle as much to the scum and their support.

Maybe I’m trying to be too optimistic for next season lol and I will certainly miss going to the games. Just think it will actually play to our advantage a bit more. Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't say they get behind the team more, looking at it from a couple of different angles.

One thing I hate to admit but have to is that we have buckled in the last 2 seasons almost identically. I’ve been to most of them games, aways to Kilmarnock, home to the Sheep, away to St Johnstone and felt the same after each game. The team couldn’t cope with the pressure from the stands. Not a criticism of the fans of course but playing in an empty stadium means the players won’t feel that pressure.

Another factor is the tricky away games. You would think that Rangers and Celtic will both face the same problems at each ground but I always feel that teams and fans just try that bit harder against us. You can feel and see the differences in atmosphere (maybe Hearts the exception)

Look at the game against the Sheep this season. Yes we shouldn’t have let go of a 2 goal lead however the Sheep and their fans never gave up and I’ve no doubt they helped spur their team on to the comeback so they could get one over on us. Look at their game against the Scum. Practically gave up before the start and 3/4-0 down at half time.

One last point I thought off is referees. There’s no doubt over the years that the scum support has been able to influence refs especially at the Piggery. I still think back to Zander Diamonds disallowed last minute goal in 2008 for nothing which would have pretty much killed their title chances. Again no fans might mean Refs won’t buckle as much to the scum and their support.

Maybe I’m trying to be too optimistic for next season lol and I will certainly miss going to the games. Just think it will actually play to our advantage a bit more. Fingers crossed.
Fair enough. I don't watch celtic games on tv, in fact I hardly see any games, having council tv. I do without the highlights, because of the bbc.

I'm not sure about how they behave in games, especially at the midden, but it doesnt take long for the crowd at Ibrox to get jittery.

It's a shame, because once that stadium is up for it, its second to none. We really could be a 12th man at Ibrox, but it doesn't happen enough.

Back