Raman tweet on next season

i think it’s pretty accurate. large crowds will be the very last thing to happen. pandemics in the past have lasted around 2 years.

I think it will be January after the winter break if that’s still a thing

even if your optimistic and say they get a vaccine or treatment around September /October then it’s still gonna take 1/2 months to get everyone vaccinated and to build up the supply. So your looking at December at least And then they will prob say they will wait till after the break for ‘sporting integrity with 1 old firm game each behind closed doors if they don’t move them . This year will be a total write off but I think we will hopefully be back to normal for the new year

How big a refund will Rangers have to offer if this cimes to pass.

If it is Feb before the turnstiles open it seems capacities will be cut by more than half, that would see less than 25k at Ibrox (as well as the headache of how the club decides who gets to go to attend any game). Rangers are going to suffer a massive financial hit the if this all comes to pass, so much so that surely it would be best to forget any transfers other then Bosmans this summer to ensure we have the funds to get through this crisis.

I guess that will be the first use of MyGers.

That tweet is comprised of numerous scenarios, ranging from likely to unlikely. If the league is competent they should have a business continuity plan for many scenarios.

The last sentence is absolute nonsense though. Raman has very very very little idea about crowds returning. The SPFL at this stage probably have very little idea about crowds returning. The UK and Scottish governments will have an idea, however this will constantly change dictated by Science.

We can all make assumptions, however it’s the government (via scientists and the dentist :rolleyes: ) that will tell us what we do.

If it is Feb before the turnstiles open it seems capacities will be cut by more than half, that would see less than 25k at Ibrox (as well as the headache of how the club decides who gets to go to attend any game). Rangers are going to suffer a massive financial hit the if this all comes to pass, so much so that surely it would be best to forget any transfers other then Bosmans this summer to ensure we have the funds to get through this crisis.

I doubt there would be refunds, more like credit against the next season ticket as Hearts are doing. If 5, or 10, home games are BCD then those games get discounted from the following season‘s season ticket. Though we may, for example, offer those with season tickets access to the matches via streaming in order to offset that a bit.

Personally I don’t see reduced attendances, it will be all or nothing. 15k or 25k inside Ibrox is all very well but will they really sit 2m apart? What about the underground? Buses? Queues for catering? Toilets? It just wouldn’t work.

Forecasting February for fans returning seems like pulling something out of thin air at this point.

Lots can change between now and then but another 9 months is a long way away.

We should have fans at games before the clocks change.

Should be no issue limiting Ibrox to 20k to start with.

I doubt there would be refunds, more like credit against the next season ticket as Hearts are doing. If 5, or 10, home games are BCD then those games get discounted from the following season‘s season ticket. Though we may, for example, offer those with season tickets access to the matches via streaming in order to offset that a bit.

Personally I don’t see reduced attendances, it will be all or nothing. 15k or 25k inside Ibrox is all very well but will they really sit 2m apart? What about the underground? Buses? Queues for catering? Toilets? It just wouldn’t work.

Life needs to go on, reduced capacity will help. Selling 50% of each area would be fine.

London is recording next to no new cases and the tube is packed out at rush hour every day.

People need to get over this, Florida already bringing in 25% capacity at venues.

We should have fans at games before the clocks change.

Should be no issue limiting Ibrox to 20k to start with.

The start point in Scotland with all football related matters is ‘what will the Dhims want’? That’s more than apparent. The first OF game at their place will be behind closed doors. In Fat Pete’s eyes that means the first game at Ibrox, at New Year, has to be behind closed doors as well. Ergo, no crowds until after any Winter break.

I quite like Raman but as he says he’s only crystal ball gazing. Despite having access to umpteen sources he knows as much as anyone about when crowds will be back at football and that’s hee haw.

Hopefully there will be a way of at least getting a reduced capacity in before then. I’m just making up numbers here but for talking sake surely it would be manageable to have 15k in the stadium. Have the whole stadium open so that every can sit with empty seats between us. Don’t open kiosks, limit the number of people in the toilets at one time, open the stadium 2 hours before kick off so there’s no queue to get in and control how people exit after the game. Random ballot so that we can go to 1 in 3 or 4 games each which is better than 0.

I’m sure there will still be challenges but I’m just trying to think of a way it could potentially be possible.

We do have assets you know

My club already has my money and I'm certain they have tens of thousands other bears who have already comitted
You think??
I haven’t heard of ST sales figures yet but I’d genuinely be astounded if it’s tens of thousands like you suggest.

If that happens then sky will insist on the old firms being moved to later in season. No chance they’ll want them early behind closed doors
Of course there will, do you think they will be putting all the big EPL clashes to the back end of the season?

No and neither will our game with them.

They will get them soread out so they have big games behind closed doors spread across their schedule to keep their subscription numbers up.

Of course there will, do you think they will be putting all the big EPL clashes to the back end of the season?

No and neither will our game with them.

They will get them soread out so they have big games behind closed doors spread across their schedule to keep their subscription numbers up.
We will wait and see but I’d be shocked if they didn’t request it. It’s the show and experience that make it what it is, ie the fans. The clout they have, the market having one almost every month from January onwards makes that more marketable and I’d say, more profitable, than running them behind close doors. We shall wait and see I suppose.

You think??
I haven’t heard of ST sales figures yet but I’d genuinely be astounded if it’s tens of thousands like you suggest.

You really think we will drop below 20,000 season tickets? I doubt that very, very much. There will be a drop off though but not to anything like that extent.

Imo this might actually sink reconstruction as it may suit clubs like Partick to go down and be mothballed for a season rather than trying to pay players with no fans coming through the gate. I can't imagine they have many other income streams.

Surely MyGers subscribers get first dibs?
I've paid for MYGERS however I don't see that as fair. I personally think there are too many unmanageable factors to having successfully spaced out reduced crowds. However if it were to happen having or not having a MYGERS membership was never promoted as a deciding factor for such a scenario. Would be a bit too much make it up as you go stuff. Every season ticket holder should have equal chance to use their paid for seat.

Couldn't wait to end football to gift Celtic the title.

Then, once plot has been hatched.

Can't wait to get football started again.

Transparent to few but not to many, that's the current Scotland for you.
We voted to end the Season for whatever reason we are still waiting on.

I wouldn't say they get behind the team more, looking at it from a couple of different angles.

One thing I hate to admit but have to is that we have buckled in the last 2 seasons almost identically. I’ve been to most of them games, aways to Kilmarnock, home to the Sheep, away to St Johnstone and felt the same after each game. The team couldn’t cope with the pressure from the stands. Not a criticism of the fans of course but playing in an empty stadium means the players won’t feel that pressure.

Another factor is the tricky away games. You would think that Rangers and Celtic will both face the same problems at each ground but I always feel that teams and fans just try that bit harder against us. You can feel and see the differences in atmosphere (maybe Hearts the exception)

Look at the game against the Sheep this season. Yes we shouldn’t have let go of a 2 goal lead however the Sheep and their fans never gave up and I’ve no doubt they helped spur their team on to the comeback so they could get one over on us. Look at their game against the Scum. Practically gave up before the start and 3/4-0 down at half time.

One last point I thought off is referees. There’s no doubt over the years that the scum support has been able to influence refs especially at the Piggery. I still think back to Zander Diamonds disallowed last minute goal in 2008 for nothing which would have pretty much killed their title chances. Again no fans might mean Refs won’t buckle as much to the scum and their support.

Maybe I’m trying to be too optimistic for next season lol and I will certainly miss going to the games. Just think it will actually play to our advantage a bit more. Fingers crossed.

Probably a good bit of guesswork involved there, he’s probably been fed some info as well though.

Truth is it’s difficult to forecast at this stage, no fans before February seems ridiculous, that’s 9 months away, there is no way they will make a prediction that length of time away.
That’s about the correct timescale to get the vaccine and distribute it to the population

9 months would see a good few clubs go under surely

only if furlough is removed. These small clubs will have few members on full time contracts. And more likely few will have long term contracts.

This pandemic will hit full time clubs with players on long term contracts and where furlough does not cover the wages. Clubs like us will be hardest hit.

The average 1st team players wage is around 650k a year I believe. And we have players who have deferred wages. One would hope we have an investor.

Early?

We're already nearer the end than the beginning.

We're not near the end, it only seems that way because everyone is in lockdown and the numbers are going down. As soon as you allow mass gatherings the number of cases could easily skyrocket again.

Why don’t we forget all the clubs and just give Sky what they want a two team league. Us vs them over 8 games throughout a season.

It’s ridiculous we’ve been asked to buy full price season tickets considering we won’t be back into Ibrox until February.
Not mention the fact we’ve also missed out on 5 games from last season we’ve paid for. Pretty poor from the board tbh!
Even the tramps are offering refunds for last season.

You really think we will drop below 20,000 season tickets? I doubt that very, very much. There will be a drop off though but not to anything like that extent.
Not overall no, I was responding to a post where someone said he thinks we will have sold tens of thousands already.
I Just found that doubtful right now with all the uncertainty.
I know I haven’t yet as I’m simply not in a position to having not worked or earned a penny in the last 9 weeks.
The renewal deadline is the end of June, I’m hoping my own circumstances will be a bit clearer by then and I’ll be able to renew, I’d be absolutely gutted to give mine up after 23 years.

Back