Ramsdales save v Moura today

Arsenal is my English team (unfortunately), showed my son his save earlier, it was unreal.

Always hate the critique of a keeper when people say their starting position is poor, if they make a wonder save to resolve it more power to them, that is an unreal save, they can consider the starting position the next time

One for the cameras, shite starting position and the ball dipped at the right time.
I've seen better from our own keepers.

Great save though and probably England's best keeper currently.

He’s been caught out, scrambled and gone at it (albeit successfully) with the wrong hand. His goalkeeping coach won’t have been happy.

Arsenal were mocked be everyone including their own fans for this signing, but I just thought there must have been something about this kid for people in the game to rate him so highly.

He's fast becoming a fan favourite & will be a future England number 1.

Cracking save, as regards his positioning it doesn't matter, what matters is correcting himself and pulling off a fantastic save!

For people saying his starting position is wrong can they tell us where they think he should be ?. He's a few yards of his line in the middle of the goal. If that's not where he should be then I should stop watching football.

I don't think there was too much spectacular about that. I mean it was a good save but one that top keepers would be expected to make most of the time

Absolutely nothing wrong with his starting position IMO.

They are a lot of bodies on the 18 yard line, so he's edged out.

Worldie of a save.

Cracking save, as regards his positioning it doesn't matter, what matters is correcting himself and pulling off a fantastic save!
If he’s a better keeper and he gets his starting position right he doesn’t have to make that save so of course it matters

If he’s a better keeper and he gets his starting position right he doesn’t have to make that save so of course it matters

There's nothing wrong with his starting position. He's 3-4 yards off his line to narrow the angle to some extent.

Standing back two yards gives Moura space to fire the ball to either side of him and he'd get nowhere near the ball then.

The shot either takes a bit of a deflection or just has riduclous dip on it which he's managed to adjust to so his positioning was good enough regardless.

Arsenal were mocked be everyone including their own fans for this signing, but I just thought there must have been something about this kid for people in the game to rate him so highly.

He's fast becoming a fan favourite & will be a future England number 1.
I think he's a good keeper. I remember being impressed with some of his performances while at Sheffield United. Seemed a steady, reliable keeper. Watching him this season, he isn't slow in giving his teammates a good bollocking, something Arsenal have been missing from keepers, and their team in recent years.

He had all the time in the world to make that save, he took two steps to line himself up and totally made a meal of his jump.

Any agile keeper was getting that, imo.

I made better saves myself playing for my U18's team, back in the day :cool:

It takes nothing away from the save, in fact it adds to it because he was able to rectify and recover his position to make that save! To become a better keeper not if then he should learn from his mistakes positional or other, especially ones had he not recovered that could have been costly Bryan!

Back