Ramsey - A Goodbye

It is a shame we didn't get see more of him in a Rangers shirt. I wish the circumstances had been different but it was not a move that was ever likely to work out. Still, a pleasure to have seen him in a Rangers shirt and great to hear we've left a lasting memory in what has been quite a career.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

I like him, but overall not a very reliable signing. His performance against Braga was quite good. All the best to him; it was very obvious that he is a very fine footballer, and had he been fit it would most probably have affected us for the better.

There’s fine lines and unfortunately for him it didn’t work out , on another day his goal against Celtic could’ve been a winner and we may have won the league I’d bet we’d be talking differently about him then , a poor penalty in the final but fair play for stepping up , wish him the best

I wish him nothing but the best in his future, but happy his future is not with us. I understand the lure signing a player of his reputation if at all possible, but it just hasn't worked out. We need young hungry players going forward.

The way I see it was perhaps worth a gamble but it didn’t pay off and I honestly don’t think he will ever get his fitness back to what it needs to be.

He’s only 31 but plays like he’s 40, still talented no doubt but juve will have a problem moving him on. I wish him well

Wish him all the best, no hard feelings, it never worked out and likely never will for him for the rest of his career due to his injury problems.

Hopefully the last time we are so starstruck by the opportunity to sign a household name that we ignore all the warning signs telling us why its not a good idea.

Good luck to him, fine player but didn’t work out. The loan market has not worked for us.

Wish him all the best, like everyone else I got caught up in the excitement of the day he arrived but ultimately I was a bit of a disaster tbh.

He was good as a late sub away to Dortmund. He calmed things right down when they scored their second.

Nowhere near the boy's fault, and hindsight and all that, but what a shambolic signing. Best of luck to him tho.

Somebody that night was going to be the fall guy for us or Eintracht it just happened to be Ramsey. A great player in his day and was a privilege to see him in a Rangers jersey.

We played 9 European games, 4 OF games and a Scottish cup final in his time, the exact type of games we wanted him for and he wanted to be here for

He played 194 minutes out if a potential 1380.

An utter disaster of a signing. A gamble worth taking IMO, but it's most definitely been a failure.

Will only be remembered for one thing

Typical that it was Ramsey.

The German teams are generally pretty good at shoot outs though, if it wasn’t him it would prob have been someone else that hadn’t volunteered in the first place.

Poor signing all round. Next to no positive impact at all.

Last edited:
Gutted it didn’t work out as a fit Ramsey could’ve made the difference in winning the league.

Back