Ramsey - A Goodbye

Let’s see if other players are afforded as much leeway as this overpriced prick
I’m sure folks will not be fuzzed at all if Souttar spends as much time on the treatment table next season, and nothing but sympathy will be posted on these forums towards the guy
jesus mate, we can be negative and criticise but this is just a tim way to talk about a ex Rangers player.

You'd rather he skied a penalty than got it on target? Strange take.

I get your point but I also get the other posters. It was an insipid penalty that was never likely to go in. If he put his boot through it there would at least have been a bit more purpose to the effort. Either way, pens are scored and missed, it was unfortunate but there is no point pointing fingers.

The lack of proper due diligence in his true state and level of fitness by a combination of Wilson and Gio was absolutely shocking.

Amateur hour from our club.

Put his hands up to the fans in an apologising motion when he came out to warm up during the game yesterday, felt sorry for him, cold light of day it’s been a shambles of a signing

His career is over really.

Won't be anything as big as this for him ever again.

Might get a daft club to take him on for mad wages. We'll see.

Absolutely buzzing when he signed, I thought he would help get us over the line with the league, even if 80% fit, turns out he wasn't even 80% fit.

Wish him all the best though, it just wasn't to be.

I wonder what's next for him...
Wales play off and then a cameo for Wrexham or Swansea to bring down the curtain or just hang up his boots?

The biggest disappointment is what could have been. We all wanted it to work so badly yet pretty much all saw it coming with his injuries. The deal should never have been signed off on in the 1st place - there's no danger he's had or passed a medical.

From the hype that came with the signing, to his total of 309 mainly unspectacular uninjured minutes at Rangers, to watch him burst his balls for 90 minutes in a near MOTM performance against Austria for Wales, to his missed penalty on Wednesday. Add in whatever costs were thrown Juve's way as I don't for a minute believe it will be £0.

On the flip side he looked like he loved his time here. Every time you saw him he looked buzzing, and he seems well respected by his teammates. Hopefully some of his professionalism and knowledge of the game has rubbed off on the younger boys.

But let's be honest, he has been a terrible signing unfortunately.

Contributed next to nothing. Couldn’t stay fit, left without playing a full 90 and missed a penalty in a European final.

Never even got a run out in the Scottish Cup final.

Feel for the guy. Quality player ruined by injury.

I hope he can get himself fit and find a club where he’s going to get regular minutes.

Just didn’t work out - it happens, but hopefully not too often.
Wish him well got the future wherever it is.

It’s fucking mental to take a dislike to a player because they missed a penalty shoot out, Tav literally done that last year to our cost, Ferguson in theory could have done that

Loaning a player well into his career in January is the mistake imo. Especially if they haven’t been playing regularly.

Same thing happened with Defoe and Davis. Both came good but needed a while to get up to speed. Reckon there was still potential for Ramsay to be a success but too big a gamble for the money he’s on

I was excited by his signing but it has proved to be a mistake. Anyone can miss a penalty but everyone should hit theirs with conviction. He didn't. If he wasn't confident he should have said so and let someone who was,Lundstram for example, hit it.
Lundstram looked annoyed not to be in the 5 takers. Ramsey looked chalk white walking up, I think everyone could see he was missing it

It didnt work out but hes always come across as a decent guy, certainly no issues with atittude or application. He'll be more gutted than anyone the way its gone, but its done and we move on

I really wish it had worked out with him as he undoubtedly has skill,just a shame we never seen much of it

It’s fucking mental to take a dislike to a player because they missed a penalty shoot out, Tav literally done that last year to our cost, Ferguson in theory could have done that
Difference being Tav and Ferguson have earned the leeway. Ramsey done nothing in his time here so will only ever be remembered for one thing.

I'm glad he got a cup. A transfer that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.

We move on and I hope these loans are a thing of the past.
The loan arrangement is a complete red herring. If the player isn't right for us then he isn't right for us. We've signed plenty duds on permanent deals through the decades only to realize it was a bad signing. It depends on the player and not on whether he is a loan or not.

I think before we look back with 20/20 hindsight and slate Ross Wilson, remember how we were all absolutely fucking buzzing when it happened.

Difference being Tav and Ferguson have earned the leeway. Ramsey done nothing in his time here so will only ever be remembered for one thing.
pish TBH

It Tav had missed a penalty the other night a fair few would have been like dugs with two dicks.

A slightly higher quality nico kranjcar

He was a better player than NK.

Injuries knocked him for 6, I'm glad we had the opportunity to have him.

Had he scored and ultimately won we'd have been wanting him to do another season.

We need an attacking midfielder and a proven striker. The Buff may or may not be here next season but if he is then we need back up.​

Back