Randomised Fixtures each season

BigSteve

This season Aberdeen away
Last season Killie away (had just finished 3rd the year before)
2018/19 Aberdeen away

First Old Firm
This season Matchday 11, 17th Oct
Last season Matchday 4, 1st Sept
18/19 - Matchday 4, 2nd Sept
17/18 - Matchday 7, 23rd Sept
16/17 - Matchday 5, 10 Sept

Seems to be a couple of patterns here with these "random" fixtures? (I appreciate they are not 100% random given city rivals cant play home the same day etc)

Obviously you have to play the same teams home and away. Just always starting with a biggest rival away from home (again not complaining about away first, know why)??? And the dodginess around the first OF this season is well highlighted.

EcTwPaMXQAE63Hi.jpg

There will be some that are random

But the fixtures are based around club issues other events policing etc

Certain fixtures are preloaded and have always been the case - ie New Years game etc.

But surely Aberdeen away at Pittodrie game one shouldnt be preloaded?

There appears to be no "cycling" of fixtures (seeing as "random" triggers so many posters).

And if the first Old Firm is preloaded as around matchday 4-7, how come its now suddenly 11?

The whole thing stinks. Who is controlling this?

Which I covered in my post.

How come they are so "fixed" though? Handpicked to suit one team it seems?

They are fixed for OF games because of policing and this year in the case of the first OF game wanting to give the best chance for fans being back in stadiums which I would assume Sky (not to mention Them) would prefer.

Likewise they tend to pick a ‘marquee’ game for the opening weekend such as 2nd v 3rd as it has been the last 3 seasons, which means we are involved. Again would imagine that’s at the ‘suggestion’ of the broadcaster.

I'm pretty happy with the fixtures right now. We've got one of the harder games out of the way already with 3 points in the satchel.

When we start winning leagues we can afford the luxury of pure shite coming to Ibrox on opening day.

Fair point. But why can we not be away to a bottom 6 team round 1? Why always our hardest matches of the season? either at Pittodrie or 3rd from last year. Stinks really.

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hamilton
Hibs
Livingston
Motherwell

Those are the 6 sides we are due to play away in the 1st 11 rounds of fixtures

This season Aberdeen away
Last season Killie away (had just finished 3rd the year before)
2018/19 Aberdeen away

First Old Firm
This season Matchday 11, 17th Oct
Last season Matchday 4, 1st Sept
18/19 - Matchday 4, 2nd Sept
17/18 - Matchday 7, 23rd Sept
16/17 - Matchday 5, 10 Sept

Seems to be a couple of patterns here with these "random" fixtures? (I appreciate they are not 100% random given city rivals cant play home the same day etc)

Obviously you have to play the same teams home and away. Just always starting with a biggest rival away from home (again not complaining about away first, know why)??? And the dodginess around the first OF this season is well highlighted.

Its as random as child abuse at the piggery.

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hamilton
Hibs
Livingston
Motherwell

4th
1st
11th
7th
5th
3rd

I know they’re not random for many reasons, but they should cycle or vary in a reasonably “fair” manner.

There is such a thing as scoreboard pressure in a game. Why wouldn’t it count across a league. So the runs of fixtures shouldn’t be obviously lopsided.

4th
1st
11th
7th
5th
3rd

I know they’re not random for many reasons, but they should cycle or vary in a reasonably “fair” manner.

There is such a thing as scoreboard pressure in a game. Why wouldn’t it count across a league. So the runs of fixtures shouldn’t be obviously lopsided.
If I was Sky I’d have wanted Aberdeen v Rangers as the opening game out of those fixtures.

As the post @Smkz23 states it possible that Sky have also say - probably deny it of course - but it can happen as you seen in 2018

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hamilton
Hibs
Livingston
Motherwell

Am I right in saying Celtic only go to one of last year's top 6 in the opening round of fixtures? St Johnstone

Rangers home
Motherwell home
Aberdeen home
Livingston home

Am I right in saying Celtic only go to one of last year's top 6 in the opening round of fixtures? St Johnstone

Rangers home
Motherwell home
Aberdeen home
Livingston home
Obviously everyone plays everyone else home and away in the first 2 rounds.

But nothing like having all your biggest competition at home first to hopefully open up a gap and exert some pressure on your rivals for the title who have most their hardest fixtures in the first round of games.

They're should be some attempt at even handedness in cycling the fixtures year on year.

Rangers home
Motherwell home
Aberdeen home
Livingston home

That is nothing to do with where they finish, the fixture simply flips each season

Takes us

Season 2019/20

Rangers v Aberdeen rounds 1-11
Aberdeen v Rangers rounds 12-22
Rangers v Aberdeen round 23-33

Season 2020/21

Aberdeen v Rangers rounds 1-11
Rangers v Aberdeen rounds 12-22
Aberdeen v Rangers rounds 23-33

Last edited:

Rangers home
Motherwell home
Aberdeen home
Livingston home

Just beat me to asking that , random my @rse

As today points out, as long as we beat them it doesn’t matter where or when we meet any of them. They will be spewing as we have our 2nd toughest fixture out the way, and 3 points in the bag!!
And if the sheep make the top 6, then we have them at home for the run in, as well as the scum, making our run in look easier.
Another blunder by the SPFaiL.

I’m actually quite pleased with our fixture list. We’re away to Aberdeen and Hibs early, which means two tricky ties but with no crowds. If crowds come back October time, Celtic will have to visit these groups with fans in the stadium. This should make the games much more competitive.

But surely Aberdeen away at Pittodrie game one shouldnt be preloaded?

There appears to be no "cycling" of fixtures (seeing as "random" triggers so many posters).

And if the first Old Firm is preloaded as around matchday 4-7, how come its now suddenly 11?

The whole thing stinks. Who is controlling this?

It has happened in the past, and the 2000s in particular that the first OF fixture was in the Oct.

This year is different though. The game at the scum dome has been put down as last in the first quarter for one reason only. To give time to allow crowds back in.

If crowds are not allowed in for October, expect there to be the same restrictions to still be in place come Dec/Jan.

As for the 'pre pre loaders' Society? Explain how Hearts, securely in the grubber through Romanov, happened to get their first three guaranteed biggest home games, in terms of crowds handed to them at the start of a season, possibly, 2013/14?

That is nothing to do with where they finish, the fixture simply flips each season

Takes us

Season 2019/20

Season 2020/21

Fair enough it seems. Does that hold true for the rest of the top 6 of last year?

Don't think St Johnstone were in the top six.
I went off wikipedia

I look back now and see Hibs acrued more points but marginally less points per game. I don’t know how the table finished in that respect. Just to cover themselves the SPL also have Celtic home to Hibs (who were “7th”) in the first round of fixtures so it’s immaterial. Couldn’t make it up. Ha ha

Takes us

Season 2019/20

Season 2020/21

Had a look and it seems the teams they have home this year in round 1 they did have away last year. Fair enough. Seemed highly suspect at first glance, but every day's a school day. Thanks for pointing out my error.

The OP has a point. They're not totally random but to have the hardest away game first 3 years in a row? And the OF game now miraculously the 11th fixture, which never happens? It does stink

Rangers home
Motherwell home
Aberdeen home
Livingston home
On the flip side in the second round of fixtures they will be away to each of them while we’d be at home, as I’d assume that if a team have us at home in first round of 11 fixtures then they’d have the scum away.

On the flip side in the second round of fixtures they will be away to each of them while we’d be at home, as I’d assume that if a team have us at home in first round of 11 fixtures then they’d have the scum away.
It all even’s itself out in the end.

But as I said, the concept of score board pressure does exist. E.g. get 3 or 4 points ahead early doors and it can really build the pressure on the team behind going into old firm’s etc.

It does appear some of the issues are just luck. E.g. how they happen to have nearly all the top 7 home first. But things like us always being away to Aberdeen or 3rd from the year before in game one is a joke. When people complain about the monotony of the league (Play each other 4 times a year) us always starting at Pittdorie etc doesn’t help. The familiarity being so much that you can virtually write our fixtures next season before the old one has finished increases the monotony factor.

Moving the old firm purely to suit the Tims is bs too. A wee team needs the visiting bears more than the paedo XI. Why should a Hamilton or a Ross County miss out on more money compared to the richest team in the country? Corrupt.

Am I the only one that doesnt give too much of a %^*& about the order of fixtures? A tough run now means an easier run later, the games need to be won whenever we play them.

It all even’s itself out in the end.

But as I said, the concept of score board pressure does exist. E.g. get 3 or 4 points ahead early doors and it can really build the pressure on the team behind going into old firm’s etc.

It does appear some of the issues are just luck. E.g. how they happen to have nearly all the top 7 home first. But things like us always being away to Aberdeen or 3rd from the year before in game one is a joke. When people complain about the monotony of the league (Play each other 4 times a year) us always starting at Pittdorie etc doesn’t help. The familiarity being so much that you can virtually write our fixtures next season before the old one has finished increases the monotony factor.

Moving the old firm purely to suit the Tims is bs too. A wee team needs the visiting bears more than the paedo XI. Why should a Hamilton or a Ross County miss out on more money compared to the richest team in the country? Corrupt.
Don’t get me wrong I’ve had a right good moan about the fixtures myself. Three difficult away fixtures at start of season and also the same come January a bit suspicious especially since we have stumbled the last couple of years in January, albeit after a break.

Back