Rangers’ Jordan Jones returns to training after 12 weeks out following Celtic injury

BlueMeanie

Rangers winger Jordan Jones has finally returned to first-team training.

The Northern Irishman has missed 12 weeks of action since Gers’ loss to Celtic where he came off worse in a red card challenge on Moritz Bauer.

He had come off the bench to play the final few minutes of his side’s 2-0 loss and was pictured on crutches as he left Ibrox that day back in September.
Now, though, the playmaker is back in training with his teammates and was pictured stepping onto the practice pitch alongside Ryan Kent.
Taking to social media, Jones beamed: “Long hard 12 weeks out but buzzing to be back training today”.
Rangers’ official club social media accounts also welcomed back the player with open arms.

The injury was unfortunate, good to have him back.
Unfortunate is one way of putting it.
We have all done really stupid things in our lives, if he learns from it, it’ll have some worth.
Frustration was a big part of it, that plus a huge adrenalin rush from playing in the biggest pressure game in Britain

To be absolutely honest, he hasn’t been missed. We’ve played fourteen games since then. Won eleven , drawn two, one of which was Porto away and lost at Young Boys, which, frankly, should never have happened. And we’ve signed Ryan Kent.

It’ll be useful to have him back as we enter a very busy period but I don’t think he’ll get that many minutes. He certainly won’t be a guaranteed starter.

3 months on the injured list trying to tackle an opponent - what's wrong with this picture?

Get a grip JJ.
Bore off. You all have short memories, jones has contributed to some excellent goals prior to his injury. His performance vs mitchyland was up there with the best european performances you’ll see from any of our players this season. The more options we have this busy period the better. His pace and directness will be great for us.

We will need all our best players in the coming games, it will take time for him to reach top fitness, then he will be back in the squad, and will be flying, I half a lot of faith in this young man.

Bore off. You all have short memories, jones has contributed to some excellent goals prior to his injury. His performance vs mitchyland was up there with the best european performances you’ll see from any of our players this season. The more options we have this busy period the better. His pace and directness will be great for us.

Nowhere in my brief post did I claim that JJ had not, or was not, capable of contributing significantly to Rangers.

Had you actually read what I wrote, you would find my ire was directed at the player for making a silly and wholly unnecessary challenge on a cetic player in the dying minutes of the game in which he managed to injure himself in the process. In this criticism, i am at one with Steven Gerrard, who, apparently, chewed JJ out after the game.

Next time try reading what's actually there, and not what you imagine to be.

hopefully comes back and makes a big impact and is not only remembered this season for one totally idiotic moment.

Optimistic target.
The type of injury he had, I can’t see how he could’ve kept his general fitness up to a level where he’d be first team ready in a fortnight.
I’d actually suggest the three weeks is optimistic.
He’s going to need some minutes before being ready for the first team.

My post above said 3 then shat it and said 2. Check above been fighting with myself liar liar style.
I agree with timescale and people thinking that with help with the fixture congestion is unlikely

Nowhere in my brief post did I claim that JJ had not, or was not, capable of contributing significantly to Rangers.

Had you actually read what I wrote, you would find my ire was directed at the player for making a silly and wholly unnecessary challenge on a cetic player in the dying minutes of the game in which he managed to injure himself in the process. In this criticism, i am at one with Steven Gerrard, who, apparently, chewed JJ out after the game.

Next time try reading what's actually there, and not what you imagine to be.

another lovely post. Such warm feelings come through reading your posts. Are you permanently angry and aggressive?

I agree, it will be great to have him back, we're going into such an important period of matches that we are going to need as many top players as possible

3 months on the injured list trying to tackle an opponent - what's wrong with this picture?

Get a grip JJ.
We know it was a stupid thing to do but 90 percent of the Rangers fans that day would loved to have had the chance to do the exact same thing, he's a young guy and he will learn from his mistake, he has a bright future in front of him glad to see him back.

Reactions: TQ3
He will be eased back into it. Kent can pick where he plays and JJ can go to the other side, when fully fit. Until then I expect JJ to replace Ryan around the 80th mn, if we are clearly winning,
Good to have him back. I was impressed up to the injury.

Would be the ultimate redemption, he comes off the bench to set up the winner against that lot.
Always good to have more options.
He was outstanding against that Danish team away from home. There's a player in there and he has pace to burn and a great cross.

i am looking forward to seeing him back like av said before him and kent on both wings constantly mixing it up swapping over giving full backs a real headache.

Back