Rangers’ Union Bears fans group put up anti-SNP and anti-independence banners as election day begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not angry.

You keep banging on about the NI shambles but it has precisely f*ck all to do with trying to prevent an SNP majority at Holyrood, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
Your comments suggest otherwise.

My 'banging on about the NI shambles' is because I actually care about every country in the union and if people are considering voting for a party that annexed part of the union then I feel it's only fair to make the following point:

Want to protect the union? Here's a handy tip, don't vote for the party that furthered the Republican cause by a decade.

Your comments suggest otherwise.

My 'banging on about the NI shambles' is because I actually care about every country in the union and if people are considering voting for a party that annexed part of the union then I feel it's only fair to make the following point:

Want to protect the union? Here's a handy tip, don't vote for the party that furthered the Republican cause by a decade.
What untold damage do you think the Scottish Conservatives would do if they had a few more seats and prevented an SNP majority?

This should be good...

Your argument makes no sense in the context of Holyrood tactical voting.

What untold damage do you think the Scottish Conservatives would do if they had a few more seats and prevented an SNP majority?

This should be good...

Your argument makes no sense in the context of Holyrood tactical voting.
My argument has nothing to do with Holyrood, instead it's about rejecting parties that want to harm the union. So I guess it has something to do with Holyrood after all.

Edit: consider this, you've not defended he Tories at all, you're just saying the Nats are worse, despite your party being the only ones to effectively undermine the union.

My argument has nothing to do with Holyrood, instead it's about rejecting parties that want to harm the union. So I guess it has something to do with Holyrood after all.

Edit: consider this, you've not defended he Tories at all, you're just saying the Nats are worse, despite your party being the only ones to effectively undermine the union.
So you’ve actually noticed I haven’t engaged in party politics while I’ve been talking about tactical voting? Well done Columbo.

its Labour mainly down here

Greenock is a ghost town and Port Glasgow is on the up....well in terms of a retail park nowadays

other than that .... normal everyday life

I must agree with you to a certain extent but the Port town centre is gone. I have been out of the town for a number of years living in Aberdeen, I visited my mum in Port Glasgow today. I was on Princes Street where I seen that Sausy Sues has gone to be replaced by a kebab shop which is next to a kebab shop and across the from 2 other kebab shops, Aulds the bakers gone but they have a semichem and a tattoo shop.......it was sad to see but hey ho there is a M&S

I must agree with you to a certain extent but the Port town centre is gone. I have been out of the town for a number of years living in Aberdeen, I visited my mum in Port Glasgow today. I was on Princes Street where I seen that Sausy Sues has gone to be replaced by a kebab shop which is next to a kebab shop and across the from 2 other kebab shops, Aulds the bakers gone but they have a semichem and a tattoo shop.......it was sad to see but hey ho there is a M&S
The shopping retail park next to port tesco is the best thing about port town centre ....although I do know where your coming from, the street leading to the train station is kebab ally lol

The shopping retail park next to port tesco is the best thing about port town centre ....although I do know where your coming from, the street leading to the train station is kebab ally lol
Totally agree great to see shops in the retail park. As for kebab Alley it’s better than the street that run parallel King street. It used to be called the big Alley and the smaller one was called the “feni@n” Alley. Cheers mate takes me back to my childhood thinking about home. The Port gets a bad name for tims but there have been a lot of good prods come out the Port and a lot of great Rangers Supporters

Everyone anyo
I’ve only lived my entire life in Scotland and you are pushing dark nationalist propaganda that has no place in decent society and was not part of the country I grew up in.

You’ve got a fucking cheek calling out anyone’s knowledge.

I’ve only lived my entire life in Scotland and you are pushing dark nationalist propaganda that has no place in decent society and was not part of the country I grew up in.

You’ve got a fucking cheek calling out anyone’s knowledge.
Everyone anyone. Where do you get the dark nationalist propaganda from?
To quote your words, "fucking moron". has no part in any reasonable thinking society.

Totally agree great to see shops in the retail park. As for kebab Alley it’s better than the street that run parallel King street. It used to be called the big Alley and the smaller one was called the “feni@n” Alley. Cheers mate takes me back to my childhood thinking about home. The Port gets a bad name for tims but there have been a lot of good prods come out the Port and a lot of great Rangers Supporters
Even the gang was called Port Sinfein!

Well done to all of those who put up banners and told people about how to vote tactically.
It looks like these efforts have helped stop the Nazis get an overall majority and hopefully deny them another vote anytime soon.

Going by the figures there's quite a few Rangers fans vote SNP. I suppose the one question I struggle with is.. Of all the countries that have gained independence since the 2nd ww, how many have wanted to rescind it and go back to being governed by another country?
Why would you believe that Scotland is governed by another country?
Clearly, Scotland as part of the Union is governed by itself as it has a proportional say in how its interests are managed.
England may be the majority population and the biggest member of the Union, but the UK is an island made up of regions and Scotland itself has different regions.
There is no real decisions made in Westminster that wholly suits every region in England to the detriment of other UK regions.

The interests of hill farmers in Wales, Cumberland, and various parts of Scotland are fairly uniform, as are the banking regulations that affect Edinburgh and London.
Office workers in Glasgow have more common interests with similar workers in Manchester than they have with trawlermen in Peterhead.

Scotland is not a colony and it is not governed by another country, which makes absolutely no sense.
If anything, Scotland is ridiculously over-governed by too many politicians most of them residing in Holyrood.

What we all need in this island of ours where we share so much culture and history is fewer politicians and much less government.

Fantastic stuff. Any Bears voting for this shower need to take a long, hard look at themselves.
I can't believe so many Scots support the Snats after their record in power. What is Scotland turning into?
I for one am off across the border to live and take out English citizenship if they ever get their way about independence.
I have never felt so politically disenfranchised since the days of Tony Blair and his new Labour muppets.

Last edited:
Looks. Like. The. Republicans are close to majority. Again. That tells. U. Tjhat. Some. Prods. Still. Vote. Snp. Don’t. Get. Why. They. Hate. Us. They. Have on. Policy. Is. Independence Cause. They. Fail on. Every. Other. Target. They. Said. They. Do. There. The. Sinn fain. Of. Scotland. .

Looks. Like. The. Republicans are close to majority. Again. That tells. U. Tjhat. Some. Prods. Still. Vote. Snp. Don’t. Get. Why. They. Hate. Us. They. Have on. Policy. Is. Independence Cause. They. Fail on. Every. Other. Target. They. Said. They. Do. There. The. Sinn fain. Of. Scotland. .
calm doon Davros

I don’t think a single person is saying you have to vote Conservative to be a Rangers fan.

Anyone refusing to vote tactically to try and oust the SNP is a moron, though.

I hope all these staunch Labourites can comfort themselves with never voting Tory if the SNP achieve their goal.
Take the Labour mask off and you'll find an SNP one. Too scared to vote slightly to the right. Bonkers

Clearly, Scotland as part of the Union is governed by itself as it has a proportional say in how its interests are managed.
England may be the majority population and the biggest member of the Union, but the UK is an island made up of regions and Scotland itself has different regions.
There is no real decisions made in Westminster that wholly suits every region in England to the detriment of other UK regions.

The interests of hill farmers in Wales, Cumberland, and various parts of Scotland are fairly uniform, as are the banking regulations that affect Edinburgh and London.
Office workers in Glasgow have more common interests with similar workers in Manchester than they have with trawlermen in Peterhead.

Scotland is not a colony and it is not governed by another country, which makes absolutely no sense.
If anything, Scotland is ridiculously over-governed by too many politicians most of them residing in Holyrood.

What we all need in this island of ours where we share so much culture and history is fewer politicians and much less government.

A colony is a country under full or partial political control of another country. Scotland is under partial political control of the Westminster government where the majority is undoubtably English MPs whose priority is ensuring England's interests and will of their people is paramount. Brexit being the prime example where Scotland voted Remain but were subject to English decisions. There are numerous other political areas which are not devolved.
Interesting that you cite Scotland as a region. It isn't... Its a country.
To repeat myself, show me a country that has gained independence and regret it or wish to rescind it.!

A colony is a country under full or partial political control of another country. Scotland is under partial political control of the Westminster government where the majority is undoubtably English MPs whose priority is ensuring England's interests and will of their people is paramount. Brexit being the prime example where Scotland voted Remain but were subject to English decisions. There are numerous other political areas which are not devolved.
Interesting that you cite Scotland as a region. It isn't... Its a country.
To repeat myself, show me a country that has gained independence and regret it or wish to rescind it.!
No Scotland is an area of regions, calling it a country is fine, but politically it is still made up of regions exactly the same as England is made up of regions.
We live on an island and we are one people and always have been, drawing imaginary lines in a map doesn't change that very relevant fact.
Decisions in Westminster are not made to fit the idiom of imaginary lines but instead are made in regard to the people who live on this island.

Your citing of the Brexit vote is actually a straw man argument.
Trawlermen in Aberdeen will have voted the same way as their compatriots in Hull and probably if we delve into the figures we may see that people in the UK choose regional or occupational interests in their voting choices, notwithstanding that, it was the million or so voting Scots who choose Brexit that delivered it anyway.

Scotland and England have been conjoined for so long that their previous national interests are totally diluted to insignificance.
Instead, the real pertinent jousting in politics for trade-offs is between group interests that harbour absolutely no imaginary definitions.
Groups that include the rich and the poor, the working and the unemployed, the old and the young, the electricians and the bakers, the train drivers and the nurses.

Your argument and its presumptions of politics based on the selfish interests of medieval Norman warriors makes no sense to a single 'people', who share a small piece of land and its long history, that predated the Romans and the Normans and the idiotic Nationalists, whose fatuous arguments you strive to deliver.

Your mask is off, now wrap yourself in the Saltire and away and bore the pants of idiots who are ill-informed enough to pay you attention.
Freeeeeeeduuuuuuum.
Ffsake!

No Scotland is an area of regions, calling it a country is fine, but politically it is still made up of regions exactly the same as England is made up of regions.
We live on an island and we are one people and always have been, drawing imaginary lines in a map doesn't change that very relevant fact.
Decisions in Westminster are not made to fit the idiom of imaginary lines but instead are made in regard to the people who live on this island.

Trawlermen in Aberdeen will have voted the same way as their compatriots in Hull and probably if we delve into the figures we may see that people in the UK choose regional or occupational interests in their voting choices, notwithstanding that, it was the million or so voting Scots who choose Brexit that delivered it anyway.

Scotland and England have been conjoined for so long that their previous national interests are totally diluted to insignificance.
Instead, the real pertinent jousting in politics for trade-offs is between group interests that harbour absolutely no imaginary definitions.
Groups that include the rich and the poor, the working and the unemployed, the old and the young, the electricians and the bakers, the train drivers and the nurses.

Your argument and its presumptions of politics based on the selfish interests of medieval Norman warriors makes no sense to a single 'people', who share a small piece of land and its long history, that predated the Romans and the Normans and the idiotic Nationalists, whose fatuous arguments you strive to deliver.

Your mask is off, now wrap yourself in the Saltire and away and bore the pants of idiots who are ill-informed enough to pay you attention.
Freeeeeeeduuuuuuum.
Ffsake!
Interesting you mention trawlermen as they're the ones totally shafted by the imposed Brexit and the subsequent capitulation.
Most of your reply gives the impression of someone who believes, rightly or wrongly, in their position. Then......
Ruined by your"idiotic Nationalist" and Mel Gibson impersonation. Your masked slipped. Keep being the downtrodden one!

Freeeeeeeduuuuuuum.
Ffsake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back