Rangers ‘apology’ to S Clarke has made the BBC national news

It was a spectacular own goal.

There will be no 'debate' in this Mickey Mouse country.

All Dave King has done is provide another negative headline for the club - this time UK-wide.

Utterly disastrous PR. Why say anything at all?
Exactly. The focus is ALL on us!

mentally challengeds and everyone else are laughing at - again.

It was a spectacular own goal.

There will be no 'debate' in this Mickey Mouse country.

All Dave King has done is provide another negative headline for the club - this time UK-wide.

Utterly disastrous PR. Why say anything at all?

Well there would be no headline if the offending chant was never used.

However, if there is no debate then they can stick all their moaning and bitching up their collective arses.

We have the biggest fan base in the country - we should use our numbers to demand there is a fair debate on all this and no stone is left unturned. Club1872 have already done this.

They will shit themselves from such a debate.

They are correct " Nobody* should face sectarian or racist abuse at their place of work ".

* This may not include ... Kris Boyd, Steven Gerrard, Nir Biton, Ian Wright, Eyal Berkovich, Nacho Novo, Chris Burke, Steven Naismith, Jimmy Bell, Shay Logan, The Valencia Police department, The IbroxBar staff (Benidorm) , Claudio Reyna, El Hadji Diouf, Ally McCoist, Harvey Price and Ryan Jack's severed head

Last edited:
Dave king is playing a very clever game ... just think it out .

Septic may or may not fall for it .

However after the next game at the stydome
They will have to apologise to steven Gerrard.. and if they don't the trap is sprung .

Bookmark this
Oh my giddy aunt. Do you want to buy some magic beans.
Next game at the stydome they will sing anything they like and will continue to do so because......... no one will ever pull them up on it, especially the cowards at our own club.

Well there would be no headline if the offending chant was never used.

However, if there is no debate then they can stick all their moaning and bitching up their collective arses.

We have the biggest fan base in the country - we should use our numbers to demand there is a fair debate on all this and no stone is left unturned. Club1872 have already done this.

They will shit themselves from such a debate.

There won’t be a fair debate. There won’t really be any debate at all away from message-boards and social media.

The role of segregated education in embedding sectarianism in Scotland was dismissed in one line of the relevant ‘independent’ report for the SNP government.

Episodes like this are driven by the media - just like the witch-hunts of referees and Morelos. They’ll try to keep it going as long as possible and Celtic will remain aloof.

The aim of some is to use the current focus on sectarianism to introduce ‘strict liability’ while others will be more concerned in making sure as much blame as possible attaches to Rangers.

Fck knows what Dave King was thinking.

The club statement was plenty .

Emailing Jim Whyte with an apology to Clarke ?? Massive own goal .

Agree. Knowing when to speak and what to say can significantly influence the narrative of a bad story continuing longer than it needs to and it’s exactly what’s happened here. The statement on Wednesday by the club was all that was needed. Nothing more should have been said publicly. An apology only needs to be made once and we did that after the match.

King prolonged the apology with his (new) public comments, the effect is it picks up headlines again and in this case made national news - all of it unnecessary.

Someone will need to explain to me how what King has said is “clever”.

The way I see it he’s just kowtowed to our enemies. I expected A LOT better from him.

It’s all about timing, Dave King is pretty good at it.
He's made a baw hum of this, the Tims over at the shite dome will say nothing about anything. Remember, the boys club isn't in any way affiliated with the main club...
We should have went after them, we didn't. Own goal.

Someone will need to explain to me how what King has said is “clever”.

The way I see it he’s just kowtowed to our enemies. I expected A LOT better from him.

But but but what you don’t realise is there’s a master plan going on in the background , the result of which we will only know after the next old firm game .

And King has no choice but to send an email to Jim Whyte , as Jim bought SKY off Rupert murdoch a month ago on the quiet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We have a bunch lawyers on retainer due to having to face the fat man every five seconds.

Draft up a letter, get them to look over it, then send it to the media and release it as a .pdf on the site simultaneously. It's slower for sure, but that extra few hours of them pouring over the issue stops this haze of nonsense that seems to descend every time stuff like this happens.

No more of this back-channel e-mails to mates in the media. There are no friends or friendly platforms.

Channel 5's Jeremy Vine show on Thursday morning were subjecting the Steve Clarke sectarian abuse issue as well.
It showed a pic of the BBC Scotland website with the "Dark Ages" theme. The discussion was about the sectarian problem in Scotland, all about big bad Rangers fans who to a man hate Catholics.
British viewers getting it big time about us being hate filled mad men. Their was a guy on the panel a bloke by the name of Kevin Maguire, a leftie journo who apparently supports Sunderland, he told a Jackanory story about when he once went to a game 'up there', it was Dundee United vs Rangers - "All the Rangers supporters were wild turning up with their flutes and Union Flags". He added "I couldn't understand it"
A lying cunt of the highest order.
I was so angry about it I messaged Jeremy Vine on his FB page about the 'porkies' of his guest and that after 50 years of supporting Rangers I had never seen Rangers fans taking flutes to the match. I told him the reason we take Union Flags is because of our pride in being British, we have always been like that and will continue to be such.
I threw in a bit about it "Riling the Natsi Party up here"

I haven't heard back from him. :(

There won’t be a fair debate. There won’t really be any debate at all away from message-boards and social media.

The role of segregated education in embedding sectarianism in Scotland was dismissed in one line of the relevant ‘independent’ report for the SNP government.

Episodes like this are driven by the media - just like the witch-hunts of referees and Morelos. They’ll try to keep it going as long as possible and Celtic will remain aloof.

The aim of some is to use the current focus on sectarianism to introduce ‘strict liability’ while others will be more concerned in making sure as much blame as possible attaches to Rangers.

Then any debate lacks credability and is a sham from the off.

It's all or nothing, they can't pick and choose what to debate.

They will have to apologise to steven Gerrard.. and if they don't the trap is sprung .

Bookmark this

Yup, it's that clever the rest of Britain thinks we have a problem, meanwhile the filth worse than us x how many, come out of this week unscathed.

If that's clever then I'd hate to see him to have a disaster in your book.

.......... and then what?
I'll tell you, nothing.
Until King accepts the reality of our situation he'll continue to be irrelevant in this war.
He's not playing a clever game, this is no trap, there is no cunning plan, there's only wilful, self-serving amateurism.

Channel 5's Jeremy Vine show on Thursday morning were subjecting the Steve Clarke sectarian abuse issue as well.
It showed a pic of the BBC Scotland website with the "Dark Ages" theme. The discussion was about the sectarian problem in Scotland, all about big bad Rangers fans who to a man hate Catholics.
British viewers getting it big time about us being hate filled mad men. Their was a guy on the panel a bloke by the name of Kevin Maguire, a leftie journo who apparently supports Sunderland, he told a Jackanory story about when he once went to a game 'up there', it was Dundee United vs Rangers - "All the Rangers supporters were wild turning up with their flutes and Union Flags". He added "I couldn't understand it"
A lying cunt of the highest order.
I was so angry about it I messaged Jeremy Vine on his FB page about the 'porkies' of his guest and that after 50 years of supporting Rangers I had never seen Rangers fans taking flutes to the match. I told him the reason we take Union Flags is because of our pride in being British, we have always been like that and will continue to be such.
I threw in a bit about it "Riling the Natsi Party up here"

I haven't heard back from him. :(
McGuire is a regular on sky news. He's described the IRA as brave to attend peace talks. He's also the one that employed the sectarian mess of a Sunderland supporter who continually tweets lies about is

The Mirror and the Record come from the same publisher

We are being out thought and out fought.
I didn’t like Kings statement when I read it, it was an admission of guilt and where in Scottish football do you see anyone else doing that.

Our Club really needs to up it game off the park.

We are complete amateurs at this PR, I actually think we could pick ten random posters from FF who would serve us better than whoever tha f@ck is doing it just now, at least they would put up a fight!

10 random posters from here would at least get stuck right in!

Bookmark this
Have they apologised to Boyd yet?

The media will play down any sectarian abuse suffered by a Rangers employee/ex-employee, so there's no pressure on them to do the decent thing

Is King even in the country? He could be getting his info from the media, hence the backdown

I think Traynor is the one 'advising' him, that's a guess. Another guess is the ones in here with the cunning plan mantra are Traynor and/or some stooges.
He's a waste of space. Our comms policy is a gift to our enemies.

What about Mhank FC? They have much to apologise for, the least of which is the Boyd abuse.

Yes but they never do and the furore dies down. All we’ve done is keep the story alive for another few days and put our own name out there at the top of the list of sectarian football clubs. Stupid bloody decision

I can't think of a time when another board member has stepped up in his absence

get what you are saying but you're painting an even more apocalyptic picture of the board than I am, and that's some going.

It beggars belief if the dregs that are the Scottish press have been allowed to paint and drive a narrative for King, meanwhile his directors have not given him their take and advice on the subject.

I just can't see it.

In saying that, it makes you wonder if this'll make Football Focus today. If so then King really needs to take a good look in the mirror.

Boyds apparant shrug of the shoulders it was only “banter” is the reason for no apology from the bheggars or for the media to report

Nah, I think that is b/shit.

I didn't hear Gerrard refer to their chants as only a bit of banter. (He didn't refer to it all)

I've never heard Novo refer to the vile chants about him as a bit of banter either.

So why no apologies in these instances?

I was in an Indian restaurant last night in a one horse town in the Forest of Dean, Glos, definition of the middle of nowhere. Table next to me had a Scottish family on it, very middle class, east coast type accent to my inexpert ears. They were banging on about this! Lots of head shaking, tutting, rueful disapproval etc. I heard the old man say, "and it's not the first time they've done this". Absolute control of the narrative by the scum evidenced just in that. Massive own goal of Rangers to draw attention to this without going for a proper quid pro quo summary of the effigies, SOB chanting, the kids hate video, the regular IRAokes, the coin throwing, the attacked bars in benidorm etc. The narrative is set again now, Rangers=bad guys, the club need someone who can see the big picture and strategy. It's not just about football, the Rangers support is being systematically demonised in Scotland for political advantage.

Nah, I think that is b/shit.

I didn't hear Gerrard refer to their chants as only a bit of banter. (He didn't refer to it all)

I've never heard Novo refer to the vile chants about him as a bit of banter either.

So why no apologies in these instances?
Its current its in the news, do you think if Boyd responded in the same way that Clarke has done we would be under the microscope as much?

Dave King has been ill advised, even if he’s gone off on his own. Our comms management is consistently fucking horrific

Absolutely this. No comment from the Tim’s only highlights us as the bad guys again.
No one in the media will bring up the fact they said nothing.

I thought readings Kings comments at the time he should have kept his powder dry and waited.

Now on BBC World Service- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3cswv0q From 15 minutes, and a familiar voice chips in and spouts the same old, same old. What we're up against- According to this "sectarianism returned to the headlines after Rangers win over Kilmarnock": lie number one. Then Clarke was abused "throughout the game": lie number two.

Last edited:
Our board are amateurs at PR. The evidence is overwhelming. We had well meaning eejits talking about triple whammy’s with our statement, 1872 and SG( who to be fair was on the ball). Amateurs for years. It a good part of the reason why we are at this point. We should just stick a kick me sign on the main gates.

A good part of where we are is continuing to shoot ourselves in the foot the minute we get a good result. 5-0 against a solid Kilmarnock team and we manage to allow the agenda to be changed because we can’t seem to manage to remove a word from our vocabulary which has seen us reprimanded before.

It was sung for about 30 seconds in total, and to be fair the club should probably have jumped on the fact that it being stopped so quickly shows that we self policed it.

We shouldn’t stick up a kick me sign, we should stop using rhetoric which we know gets us grief. We’re saying “wit aboot thame?”, they’re managing not to catch grief for harbouring child molesters and we have posters asking why they aren’t getting grief for D.o.B? Mental.

Whether we like it or not “but that guys doing it” doesn’t constitute a defence in law and when we know that UEFA considers 19th Century Terrorist to mean catholic (as per Spiers campaign) then we can’t use it.

The permaragin on here could do with remembering this a business that’s just getting back onto its feet, and poisoning outside investment in the court of public opinion probably isn’t the way to continue our growth.

Its current its in the news, do you think if Boyd responded in the same way that Clarke has done we would be under the microscope as much?

Absolutely.

Their manager just yesterday apparently said he didn't hear the filth last week. Now we're talking what, 2-3,000 (maybe more) out of a crowd of 10,000 in a small stadium and he didn't hear it? Yet not one journalist took him to task.

So there's the Scottish press and their attempts at neutrality right there.

Back