Rangers ‘Dream-scene’

Cooper free kick against Aberdeen when Leighton almost caught it on the way out.

Souness toying with a Celtic player in the 2-0 new year game 87.

The replies so far in this thread show why I hope this is very carefully thought out. We have 150 glorious years of history to cover and it shouldn't fall into the trap of being heavily weighted towards our recent past. It's quite a daunting task actually.
Good point well made. Perhaps best to select x number of images from different eras.

Wallace’s Old Firm goal celebration. Works from either direction for me.

Rangers+v+Celtic+tom8XYrZn8Vx.jpg

Lee_Wallace_2176938a.jpg

Lovenkrands' winning goal at Hampden. I would imagine most of us played out similar scenarios. Out in our gardens or bedrooms acting out scoring the winner in a high scoring cup final against them in injury time.

Souness and the "Welcome to Ibrox" sign, or him shaking hands with David Holmes.

Walter celebrating the goal vs St Mirren in the 2010 League Cup Final.

Richard Gough lifting the trophy at Tannadice after we won 9IAR.

A picture of a full Ibrox stadium in our first game in the Third Division vs East Stirling.

Fernando with the SPL trophy at Easter Road.

Ian Durrant celebrating his goal vs Marseille.

Dave King, John Gilligan and Paul Murray after gaining control of the club.

I’m 35, so can only remember so far back, but you are absolutely spot on. I would really like to see and learn more of the history from further back. Learn more about the great teams of the 60s and 70s and even earlier still.
No, it’s a different thing

Could have several murals.

Training in the sands

Arteta penalty v pars

Walter running the touchline after bo andersen scored

Mcswegan v marseille
Maybe have 3 different murals covering each 50 year period. Probably still struggle to include all the iconic moments and players.

The more I think, we may need a massive mural!

I can't seem to add pictures, but someone google "Leeds Utd Dream-scene" and you'll get an idea of what they may be after.

This is apparently a photoshopped photo though

Not this shit again.

EDIT: To clarify, it was on PA wires immediately after the game. The way Alamy or Getty Images pictures available to purchase from pro photographers almost instantly.

I know the bottom of his feet does look photoshopped. And it's strange how at that moment no one appears to be looking at him. But it's legit.

This is the best thread I’ve read in a while. Shut your eyes and you can feel some of these moments again. This painting will need to be the length of PRW.
Yeah, and good to get plenty of folk thinking about this well in advance and get some ideas.

Stewart Robertson definitely said the fans would be consulted for ideas nearer the time, so getting the brains working now may be a head start!

Mural will sure need to be massive to record our finest moments in 150 years!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to be educated on Rangers from 1872 - 1960s.

I've done the Founder's Trail a few times, etc. but still, so much I need to learn.

If you go onto Michael Seafarer Twitter @seafarermichael, he's just posted a few examples of other clubs' Dream Scenes.

I'm sure ours can be bigger and better.

In the Stewart Robertson interview they showed a Leeds United example.

Does anyone know if these precious dream scenes stitch together painting / drawing copies of actual famous photos / footage? Or do they actually consist of the artists' own take of the famous moments in time?

I.e. the dream scene could include McCoists piggery celebration, but wouldn't necessarily be an exact copy of the photo we all know, but the artists impression of it from another angle. I think I'd like that, to give us completely new imagery, of scenes we've all known and celebrated.

I like one of the replies above about the Hampden Museum and experience, I think our aim should be to better that considerably, and it was good at Hampden, but lacked the "club" feel, naturally.

Actually, when New Edmiston House was first revealed last year, I wrote to James Bisgrove with some ideas based on my consumer experiences elsewhere in Europe Football Stadiums and in US Sport.

I got a really nice response back quickly from Bisgrove, who seemed to be all over this stuff and well up for being innovative and making Edmiston House a "must-attend" on matchdays.

If you go onto Michael Seafarer Twitter @seafarermichael, he's just posted a few examples of other clubs' Dream Scenes.

I'm sure ours can be bigger and better.

Just seen this and I think it's answered my question above.

I don't think the dream scene will copy known images, like the example above, it'll be the artists own imagery capturing known moments and characters in time.

John Brown at the protest outside Ibrox. That brutal era needs commemorated in some way.

Also, the name Walter has not appeared once on this page yet. Not sure which is the most iconic image, but I think of him holding up the league trophy on the pitch at Ibrox.

Struth at his desk.

Durrant after 87 LC Final penalty.

Post #1

Souness and Smith post-match at pittodrie 1987

Okay, so it doesn't say 'Walter', but it's the same guy.

Picture of Gazza celebrating at the piggery scoring when super put him through from the half way line (when it was being rebuilt and we were in the now GB section)

Not sure how to post pic but there’s a pic of Ally after scoring against that shower in the 1992 Scottish semi, simple pic of him from behind with the iconic 9 on his back, arms to raised, looking to the sky. Iconic.

We’re all talking about the past, and rightly so, we’ve got some glorious, fantastic, emotional and incredible moments in our history but I want to see Tav with that trophy in his hands, aloft, smiling tgat big Cheezer! I’m in no way politically correct or woke or stuff but seeing a Rangers captain who is mixed race lifting that trophy should be a massively proud moment for all of us. As I believe he will be the first non white captain in Scotland to do so.

Very difficult task for whoever has to make the choice. I'd like to see it as some kind of history of the club from it's formation to the present day

John Greig MBE shaking hands with Tiny Wharton with neither covering their work. From the good old days when refs actually were Masons

A total tin pot effort by chelsea and Man City to include their women’s teams in it. The mural concept (to me) is all about capturing historic moments by people who have their rightful place in the history of the clubs. Including women’s team personnel dilutes it for me.

I hope we keep it solely for our men’s team as it will be hard enough to try and whittle down all of the iconic people / moments from our glorious history without trying to make space for a part of our club still very much in its infancy.

Back