Rangers 0 Motherwell 2 1997

I had blue fucking hair that day. Felt a right tit going home on the subway.
I know how you felt. I had been up half the night making a large silver 9, covered in red, white, and blue ribbons. However, it made a few trips round George Square. My 87 year old Dad thoroughly enjoyed his night out.

I was at the game as a 14 yr old. My bro took me over from Donegal on the Supporters bus. I don’t remember much about the game but the disappointment from the crowd leaving Ibrox I still remember.

One of the biggest memories was that everyone was smashed on the bus on the way from the boat to the game...a fella didn’t get back on the bus on the way home & we were concerned for him. He missed the Ferry but thankfully turned up & safe & well the following day.

Only real memory was being pished before it, was in the pig and whistle before the game and there must have been about a dozen in the round, not a great day out, up the road early blitzed.
Was there not meant to be a march to George’s square if we won?
Yes that march to George Square was planned but never happened. Real bad day at the office. After match subway to Partick. Rosevale bar and got mangled.

Back