Rangers 0 v Celtic 0 - 1998

The Little Generals first Old Firm game as manager. Whats everyone's memories?

Recall going into this game very confident however we were very poor and should have lost.

Charboinner (sp) in goal played his best game for us, pulled off a few cracking saves.

Lines up below:

Teams:

Rangers: Charbonnier, Porrini, Amoruso, B Ferguson, Kanchelskis, Van Bronckhorst, Amato, Albertz, Wallace, Moore, Hendry. Subs: I Ferguson, Graham, Vidmar, Miller, Brown.

Celtic: Gould, Boyd, Mahe, Rieper, Stubbs, Larsson, Burley, O'Donnell, Donnelly, Jackson, Hannah. Subs: Annoni, McKinlay, Kerr, McBride, Burchill.

Was a very poor Tim line up there.

Was that an evening kick off that game?

I think thats the only thing I remember about the game. That and Celtic hitting the bar, possibly a Charbonnier save from Larsson.

Sunday night game kinda boring iirc Charbonnier made two outstanding saves at the end remember feeling disappointed thought we would have battered them

I had been in the south of France for 10 days or so..... drove 22 hours solid to get home..... and the game was awful, genuinely woeful.

Charbonnier with a great save from McKinlay I think right at the death.

We had battered them all game too and still almost let it slip.

Watched it in 'the fox and hounds' in florida..pissing of rain,remember a great save from Charbonnier

Back