Rangers 0 Yahoos 0 sept 1998

55easy

How did we allow the filth out of Ibrox with a point.

Scum midfield was a knock knock joke ffs.

Comparable with us drawing 0 0 in Gavin Rae swaggering about or latapy doing similar in 1 1 draw.

Was a weird game. Due to the later kick off everyone was absolutely wrecked and it made for a strange atmosphere

Was a weird game. Due to the later kick off everyone was absolutely wrecked and it made for a strange atmosphere
You like Charbonnier?
I know what we agree and think about Stefan.

We can't say it but we both agree on that debate eh.
love Allan but nah

How did we allow the filth out of Ibrox with a point.

Scum midfield was a knock knock joke ffs.

Comparable with us drawing 0 0 in Gavin Rae swaggering about or latapy doing similar in 1 1 draw.

Memory is hazy of the match but, I thought it was US that were lucky to get a point that night? Seem to remember Charbonnier having a great save off Larsson innthe first half and Stubbs nearly scoring in injury time.

I’m 8 comments in and it’s went fro celtics midfield being a knock knock joke to Klos being better than Goram haha. Far to early for me
Rangers were 11/10 on that Sunday
Sore one, bud!

2 bad days I had that season
St Johnstone away 3 1 game tempted me in and sickened us

Well if you want to be pedantic, we let them leave Ibrox with a point on both occasions that season.

It certainly wouldn’t be a game that lives long in the memory though. Can only remember the charbonnier save and Larsson hitting the crossbar

I only got my season book the next season so that was my first old firm at the ripe old age of 20.

Wasn't very good either.

If memory serves did Amato not miss a bunch of sitters that day ?

Fluffed a couple of headers and looked completely unfit before being subbed on 70 minutes for what seemed the umpteenth game running

How can any of you remember these games!
I was at it and have not one memory of it.

How can any of you remember these games!
I was at it and have not one memory of it.
I was 7 so certainly don’t remember but I know where you’re coming from even more so when people recall things from games in the lower leagues those years are a complete blur to me

September weekend wasn’t it?

I was about to move down south and on some kind of last hurrah tour so the Sunday evening kick off saw a day or boozing with my mates and then the game... turned out heaps of people had the same idea!

Weather was brilliant that day was on the bevy from 11am that day in my mates garden (was only 18 at the time) by the time we got to the game was complete nuggets and ended up falling asleep just before the end.

Last edited:
September weekend wasn’t it?

I was about to move down south and on some kind of last hurrah tour so the Sunday evening kick off saw a day or boozing with my mates and then the game... turned out heaps of people had the same idea!
It was. Game seemed to last 5 mins. All I remember clearly is them and their fans celebrating like they'd won the league at full time.

A bad memory from the game was me and my 2 mates going into the game GE corner, my wee pal shouts "cmon rangers get stuck in tae these FB's) pc plod told my mate to shut it and since random bear told the copper to chill the fcuk out only for him to get lifted :confused:

Quite a few forget that when we beat them at the piggery to win the title it was the first time we'd beat them that season. Two draws at Ibrox and a 1-5 pumping.

I was at that game in spirit only. Met some members of the old 'Carnation Loyal' in town that day and had a few too many...:))

It was a bank holiday Sunday and it was a brilliant, warm, sunshine day. Basically the exact same as the game the following May at the cesspit.

I took my son that day and that was his OF debut. I'm pretty sure we ended up in a pub on the PRW, watching Arsenal thump Man Utd 3-0, I'm sure.

It was a bank holiday Sunday and it was a brilliant, warm, sunshine day. Basically the exact same as the game the following May at the cesspit.

I took my son that day and that was his OF debut. I'm pretty sure we ended up in a pub on the PRW, watching Arsenal thump Man Utd 3-0, I'm sure.

That's correct. Lljunberg scored a good 3rd goal.

It was a pretty dire game. They probably put more into the game than we did. Ended up being happy with the point.

Did we not play Davie Graham at Centre forward for either all or part of that game?
I can scarecely remember it. Knew i fancied us big time because Advocaat had us playing some great stuff at that time.

I hated those 6.05pm kos as it was a nightmare for us bears from NI having to get the midnight ferry home and then into work 1st thing Monday morning.

This ☝️I had been drinking all day and I woke up outside the Armidilo beside the Clyde that Sunday night - next home game I got told that I had just got up and left at half-time - I was absolutely rat arsed.

My memory is we dominated the ball but created barely any clear cut chances.
They sat back and tried to hit us on the break and probably came closest to scoring with that Larson header Charbonnier did very well to save.

I was right behind that Charbonnier save and thought it was going in, the way he twisted in mid air was unreal. I haven't seen it in over 20 years so my memory may not be the most reliable.

Back