Rangers 2 Celtic 2 1987

However I think all that would be surpassed if 55 is secured this season!
You think?

Absolutely mate. Even when I try & THINK ABOUT IT I find myself welling up.

We’ve had a tough journey as bears & historically we were so used to success I think we even took it for granted at times.

NEVER AGAIN COL !!!!

Watched the highlights of that game not that long ago and it seemed that the turning point, ironically, was perhaps the Butcher sending off, which seemed to galvanise the Rangers players more. Maybe those legendary five-a -sides games played a part in getting those two goals back.

I was in the East enclosure that day, one of the best memories is of rabid Peter Grant running beside the touchline making a two one gesture to us as he trotted along with a couple of minutes to go...... the rest is history..:cool:

Listened to the last 15 mins in The Crowwood house hotel, I’d nipped in for a pint after scoring all 4 in a 4-0 win for my team

bedlam and the mentally challengeds in the team were pig sick, lovely day all round

Every time someone comments 'that must have felt like a win " , I think back to that game and the explosion of noise Gough started. Very special day and the Tim's would have been as sick if they'd been pumped by us.

The enclosure looked utter bedlam. I was in it twice as a youngster but wish I had experienced an old firm game in it as an adult.

First OF game for me. Great day. One of my abiding memories though of the game is Stark lobbing Roberts when through on goal. Took off towards the Govan with his hand in the air celebrating. Ball bounced off the crossbar straight into a surprised Roberts hands as he was turning round to see it hit the net. Hilarious. Many w@nker hand signs to Stark from the Govan ensued!

We were dead and buried until Ally's goal brought us back into it. The noise when big Gough scored the equaliser was something else. Hard to beat that

It's always the game that springs to mind when asked what's your favourite Rangers v Celtic game and I've been to over a hundred. You really had to be there that day, the drama the emotion, the tension and oh my god that noise when big Richard scored, pure and utter bedlam, all printed with a a tear in my eye even to this day.

Along with Dynamo Kiev and the Skol cup final this was the highlight of our season as it turned out to be rank compared to the year before. In saying that the following 9 years made up for it.

Last edited:
This game for me was such a low feeling at half time to such a high at full time .
At halftime I would have taken the 2-0 defeat as I thought they were more than likely to score a load more .
How wrong was I.
Bedlam and good wee sing song conducted by Robbo

Don’ know if my memory is playing tricks, I was in the EE that day and I’m sure that after Ghoughie equalised ,the late great Davie Cooper hit a ‘daisy cutter’ that went about 3 ft past the left hand post.Anyone else recall this?

Along with Dynamo Kiev and the Skol cup final this was the highlight of our season as it turned out to be rank compared to the year before. In saying that the following 9 years made up for it.
Was that not the following Wednesday night?

Was playing football that day, we came back to the pub & sat in the car listening the final minutes of the game.
When Gough scored I went running about the car park like I'd won a million, what a feeling.

The most I've ever celebrated a goal. Govan Rear that day.

I've got the game on VHS and have probably watched it a thousand times (only other video I still have is my wedding and I've watched that once).

They will not have felt sicker in many other OF games. Only one I can think of is MoJo winner.

Most memorable game ever and we didn't even win. I'm convinced my dodgy hearing today stems from that Gough goal. Worth it though.

Some prick in the PF's office had to spoil it trying to make a name for himself no doubt.

Jesus 32 years :oops:.

That's seriously scary. My first Ever game vs that lot at 8 years old. Never forget that roar for the rest of my days. Still get a shiver when I see this.

Probably just nudged into 2nd place in my all time favourite OF games attended by the 5-1 game the following year, which happened to be their centenary year !

Someone mentions the Kiev game above. You had the 2-2 game, the Kiev game and the 3-3 Skol Cup Final with Aberdeen within 3 weeks of each other. Can't be many periods where we had 3 memorable matches - to the point where people are discussing them 30 years later - in just a few weeks.

Was a great time to be a Rangers fan. The Rangers News on the Wednesday after this game had a front page article from David Holmes. Pretty much a rallying call to the support and saying that the board would not let the club be pushed around by anyone. Players, management, supporters and board all on the same page. A brilliant time.

Truly memorable game and as everyone has said possibly the loudest roar I've ever heard. The following night I had a meeting in town about arranging a works night out in the - one for older bears - Palomino Club. There was a couple of rabids there and they were distraught, nearly greetin'. Happy days. Although I think they won the league that year. If memory serves the next game at the piggery was Mark Walter's debut.

Too young to remember this game, but it’s rightly up there in terms of Rangers folklore.

If ever a game was suited to a comic-book/strip interpretation then surely it is this one. Had just about everything from skullduggery to high farce with a stirring fight back in between.

Watched it earlier during a break and the YouTube auto play conveniently served up the Lovenkrands final as the next video so not a lot got done for half an hour or so

Copland front (red section) that day.
IMO had it been 11vs11 we would have wiped the floor with them as we were in some form.

Was in the east enclosure when grant was giving it the 2-1 sign to the crowd as we broke up the park and big goughie stuck the ball in the net , place went mental , great memories

The day my brother confirmed himself as a fucking jinx :D

He left at 0-2. As he stepped outside, we literally scored to make it 1-2 and he wasn’t allowed back in.

He then climbed the gates at the CR to see the game. Polis came along and gave it “get doon sonny”. As his feet hit the ground we scored again. :D

My all time favourite ever draw v the filth

Back