Rangers 21st Century XI

The actual state of that team. I'm 33 and I can't remember Hearts ever playing attractive football. They've always been long ball merchants, breaking games up with niggle fouls, long throws and exploit set pieces type of pre-historic shite that passes for football in Scotland.

Until we win a title or anything of note mate, yea, im afraid so (my opinion, love tav, but he needs some silverware before he's making an all time team)

I get your point but Tav is a better Rangers player.

His honours will arrive this season with us.

I get your point but Tav is a better Rangers player.

His honours will arrive this season with us.

They better lol

Hmm not so sure I agree though, attacking wise absolutely no doubt you're right, defensively though porrini was fantastic, I'll leave the attacking in this team to numan down the left!

They better lol

Hmm not so sure I agree though, attacking wise absolutely no doubt you're right, defensively though porrini was fantastic, I'll leave the attacking in this team to numan down the left!

This team goes all out to win, Tav & Numan bombing down the wings. :cool:

Kenny fucking Miller making it into teams :)) the fact he played for them automatically rules him out.

McGregor
Tav Weir Amo Numan
Ferguson
Gio Albertz
De Boer
Mols Prso

________________McGregor

Tav________Amo_____Bougherra_____Papac

________________Ferguson
____________Gio_________Albertz

_________________De Boer

____________Jelavic _______Mols

Miller scored over 100 goals for us and plenty against them in big games, he was a major factor in us winning our last 3 league titles.

Still should be nowhere near a 21st century XI. For his antics or his performances for that matter. Even taking his leaking to the press and playing for them out of it, he’s not getting in ahead of Mols, Prso, Boyd, Jelavic etc. Not in my opinion anyway, of course :)

Mine would be

Klos

Hutton Amoruso Weir Numan

Ferguson Van Bronckhorst Albertz

De Boer Prso Mols

Very difficult and a lot of quality players left out too. Focused more on their actual Rangers career so players like Arteta, Defoe, F. de Boer not included despite being better than some of the above.

Frightening how many top class players we've had middle to front. Plenty at the back too but theres about 2 dozen top class players to choose from in midfield and attack.

Klos; Tav, Weir, Cuellar, Papac; Novo, Davis, Thomson, Ferguson, Naismith; Jelavic
Can tell am on the young side hahaha

Last edited:
Klos
Ricksen Moore Cueller Numan
Arteta Albertz Reyna Gio
Mols Prso

Subs: McGregor, Tav, Amo, De Boer, Jelavic, Lovenkrands, Novo

Honourable mentions: Ferguson, Boumsong, Tugay,

McGregor

Numan
Bougherra
Boumsong
Tavernier

Van Bronckhorst
Ferguson
de Boer

Mols
Jelavic
Morelos

On pure playing ability:

Klos

Hutton
Cuellar
Bougherra
Numan

Reyna
Ferguson
van Bronckhorst

de Boer

Jelavic
Prso

If we were playing that lot in a title winning match/cup final:

McGregor

Broadfoot
Weir
Moore
Papac

Ferguson
Thomson
Albertz

De Boer

Miller
Prso

Klos

Numan
Amoruso
Weir
Tavernier

Albertz
Ferguson
Van Bronckhorst
R. De Boer

Prso
Miller

Hutton, Cuellar, McCann, Miller, Boyd, McGregor and many more unlucky to miss out!

Until we win a title or anything of note mate, yea, im afraid so (my opinion, love tav, but he needs some silverware before he's making an all time team)
Porrini didn't do a great deal in the 21st century for us though, if we are taking it from 2000 onwards.

Klos
Hutton Cuellar Amoruso Numan
Reyna Ferguson v.Bronckhorst McCann
De Boer Jelavic

Lots including Mols but for me his injury being before the turn of the century rules him out. Was never the same.

Klos
Ricksen Moore Cueller Numan
Arteta Albertz Reyna Gio
Mols Prso

Subs: McGregor, Tav, Amo, De Boer, Jelavic, Lovenkrands, Novo

Honourable mentions: Ferguson, Boumsong, Tugay,

Ferguson didn't even make the bench???

Lots including Mols but for me his injury being before the turn of the century rules him out. Was never the same.
Yep I was surprised so many were including him as well. Jelavic and Prso better than a post-injury Mols for me.

Similar with Reyna, his best for us was pre-2000, he left in 2001, and season 00/01 wasn't exactly a rip roaring success. We've had midfielders who contributed a lot more than him since 2000.

McGregor

Tavernier
Cuellar
Amoruso
Numan

Ferguson
Davis
GvB
de Boer

Jelavic
Morelos

Not necessarily the best, just my favourites.

Klos

Hutton Cuellar Amoruso Numan

Ferguson Albertz Gio

De Boer Prso McCann

Subs: McGregor Moore Ricksen Davis Thomson Lovenkrands Jelavic

Back