MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Livingston FT - Match Thread & Vote for your Man of the Match

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Davis is a Rolls Royce.

I really like Lundstram, composed and brings a lot to the midfield. Sakala had a tough game, it will get better with time.

Great first game, loved the first quarter even if we went flat a little bit after the beginning. Just like Wright, poor on his first touches, then he was very good, I love that player. Bassey played ok, needs to train on his crosses.

Livingston was very poor but anyways,
Well done Gers!

Davis by the length of PRW for me.
Can't see that. We were pretty average today. Didn't really do much after Hagi went off until late on. Bassey was involved constantly and made things happen. His crossing is poor but other than that I thought he was outstanding. Not saying Davis didn't do well but it was hardly a difficult afternoon for him.

Davis by a country mile. The most consistent player over the 90 minutes. Wish he had another 10 years in him. Wright eventually grew into the game and his goal will do him a power of good in terms of confidence. Finished it well, off the outside of his foot.

Thought we dominated the game without putting to much into it.

Good performance and great start to season for me.

That will do nicely, watched it in my local with a couple of non local anti Rangers pricks commentating behind me, they went very quiet after the second goal I wasn't at the final whistle. Turns out they were a pair of plastics, what's new. Hope Hearts slaughter the arsewipes.

Can't ask for any more mate. We won't play 5 star performances every game, but winning comfortably when there's plenty to come is a good sign.

Oh and the best victory was ruining dornans day. All we need is a hearts win and a crowd at Erskine bridge to hopefully see the rat put on a show for us. I'm going up right now to cut the phone line incase he has any last minute doubts.
Spot on mate,cruise control really and I can live with that every day of the week.
A few of our own so called fans will be disappointed as well that despite their hand wringing and doom that all Bears in attendance behaved in the the correct Rangers way and backed the players in they're stance against racism.
Very good day so far and hopefully Hearts step up to the plate this evening will and give us an extra bonus.

Appreciate that Davis was the heartbeat of rhe team again today but voted Wright for motm as I think his direct running and energy was the spark we needed as the game went on, not to mention that outstanding finish. Lad has huge potential and I hope we see him flourish this season.

Overall, happy enough with the days work. Yes, we were fairly flat for around half the match but when you have the defensive solidity that we have, confidence in getting the win never falters. And so pleasing to know that when a couple of your front 3 are having quiet games (Sakala and Kent, although he still did 2 or 3 Ryan Kent things), we can turn to the bench and bring on proven quality to get it over the line.

That will do nicely, watched it in my local with a couple of non local anti Rangers pricks commentating behind me, they went very quiet after the second goal I wasn't at the final whistle. Turns out they were a pair of plastics, what's new. Hope Hearts slaughter the arsewipes.
Them watching the rangers..what's new. I remember a guy telling me everything about us and how our team looks,who we have next etc.
He knew nothing about the scum.

Job done, with ease. Maybe not yet purring, but another couple of matches and we’ll be flying. Wright grew into the game and I like his attitude. The kick at Bassey was a red. 3-0. Pleased with that.

Appreciate that Davis was the heartbeat of rhe team again today but voted Wright for motm as I think his direct running and energy was the spark we needed as the game went on, not to mention that outstanding finish. Lad has huge potential and I hope we see him flourish this season.

Overall, happy enough with the days work. Yes, we were fairly flat for around half the match but when you have the defensive solidity that we have, confidence in getting the win never falters. And so pleasing to know that when a couple of your front 3 are having quiet games (Sakala and Kent, although he still did 2 or 3 Ryan Kent things), we can turn to the bench and bring on proven quality to get it over the line.
I think that was the big difference first half to second. At half time I was disappointed by Wright's contribution - didn't seem to be getting into the correct positions to contribute but second half I thought he was outstanding - really pacy, direct and most important doing it in areas where he could affect the scoreboard.

Thought we were comfortable, without being anything special. Hagi going off hurt, because it looked like he was having that left back on toast. Livingston planned to allow Bassey the ball. He worked hard but needs to work on his crossing.

I understand Davis being the main man, but I thought we could have been a lot more positive. Too many passes between Goldson/Balogun and Davis. I thought Lundstram did a much better job of pushing us forward with one-twos and positive movement.

I doubt we’ll see that lineup again. It was an odd combination, but just shows our depth.

roll on 56.

My MOTM was Goldson. Obviously he was not repelling wave after wave of Livi attacks but he had that composed assurance in everything he did, strolled it.

Overall a decent team performance, no one really stood out - plenty more levels to come as we reach peak fitness in the coming weeks.

Me too.

How stupid I am to have expected things to have improved atmosphere wise.

Our home support continues to sit in silence.
Not disagreeing with you mate but not everyone wants to go to the football for a sing song. If people want to enjoy the game in a different to you then that’s OK. I’m guessing you’re relatively young and enjoy it as a day out with mates?

I think that the sheep might be more than useful this season. With Brown and McCrorie in their side they will be well up for any physical challenge.
They are going to spend their season looking over their shoulders

I thought Goldson just strolled that game. He didn't have much to do but he just looks majestic this season. How he signs.

Well, there's a table with a pen and paper on it and he picks up the pen and puts his name on the paper.

And that's that.

Excellent performance today. Got the early goal and then dominated and managed the game very comfortably against a difficult to break down side.

Considering it’s the first game of the season, our energy levels were superb. The way we were able to step the tempo up in the final ten minutes when they had reached their limits was very impressive.

Great start.

Dominated with ease with team not a full strength.Some finish from Scott Wright.Bassey and Davis were superb today.

Back