MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Livingston FT - Match Thread & Vote for your Man of the Match

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although not a classic performance, Rangers controlled the game throughout. This was our first competitive match whereas Livingston had played a few. All in all, I've no complaints regarding how we played.
Great goals by Hagi and Wright, however the awareness from Roofe for the third was predatory. The options Rangers have up front is really encouraging.
I'm confident 56 will be delivered.

Just got back from work, haven't even looked at the football.

3 goals, clean sheet meaning 3 points. I can't be happier but I know nothing of whats went on.

Only question I have tonight is,

Was it even a good 3 pts?

I thought for long spells today that Aribo and Kamara weren't imposing themselves on the game, so it tells you just how bloody amazing Steve Davis is when we dominated midfield when he was the only one out of the three who was playing well.

He is simply timeless, what a player.

Last edited:
Rather comfortable in the end up.

We aren’t at full strength but we didn’t have to be.

Bassey played well I felt as did Wright when he came on.

We have 2 players for every position now and don’t really look like a different team when we change it about.

What a situation to be in. You really couldn’t ask for much more

I've said before that bans should apply to the same opponents, not other teams.
Red no good to us at 3-0 and seconds to play. No benefit in that rat being suspended against some other team.
The drawback here is that it’d be difficult to administer and we’d need different rules for.
For example, what if it’s the second half/fourth quarter of the season, against whom does the player serve his suspension?
Ultimately, the current way is the only way some consistency can be achieved.

Rather comfortable in the end up.

We aren’t at full strength but we didn’t have to be.

Bassey played well I felt as did Wright when he came on.

We have 2 players for every position now and don’t really look like a different team when we change it about.

What a situation to be in. You really couldn’t ask for much more
Bassey was great coming forward but his crossing was shockingly poor.

Every 3 points is a good 3 points mate :))
You know it mate!

I've just watched the highlights.

Wright's goal had the tell tale signs of a technically gifted player high on confidence.....and caffeine maybe. Thought he took that well.

Hagi looks to have matured and picked up from where he left off.

From what I've seen from the limited highlights we looked good and stable.

You know it mate!

I've just watched the highlights.

Wright's goal had the tell tale signs of a technically gifted player high on confidence.....and caffeine maybe. Thought he took that well.

Hagi looks to have matured and picked up from where he left off.

From what I've seen from the limited highlights we looked good and stable.
It was a comfortable win without being spectacular. We had a few more gears to use if necessary.
As I said in a previous post, our frontline options are impressive.
This Rangers squad is delivering 56.

3-0 on the opening day of the league season - I’ll take that no matter the opposition. I predicted 2-0.

We barely broke sweat, never got out of 2nd gear and still should have won by at least 4.

Sakala making his debut, Aribo in from nowhere. We played some absolutely sensational football. The brutal challenge on Hagi put the wind in our sales.

Distribution and decision making was poor at times but no team hits the ground running on the opening day. If this had been match day 5 or 6, that today would have been the ultimate destruction!

Bassey got up and down the left, commanding in the air, solid in the challenge, nice touches and always made himself available - he works on his distribution and delivery and he’s going to be a cracking player.

Sakala wasn’t involved as much as we would have liked but when he was,showed what he’s capable of; intelligent runs, linking up, dropping deep, bringing the ball down and recycling the ball with a bit of urgency. Movement inside the box is very clever - we just couldn’t find him.

Wright. Loads of positives. Slow start after replacing Hagi but came on to a game and what an excellent finish.

Goldson and Balogun solid as a rock. Just like Davis and Kamara.

This season we are bringing on Lundstram instead of Zungu. Roofe is replacing Sakala with Morelos, Itten and Defoe still to come on. When we get a knock to an attacking player, Scott Wright is the replacement. A constant threat who delivered.

Great to be back at Ibrox for a meaningful match. 3 goals, some real positives, clean sheet, three points, another record broken.

At 0-0 or 1-0 until we are 10 points ahead its still torture

However

That was a brilliant controlling performace Wright warmed up second half was superb

Hagi was clearly running the show. Anyone think the Livi management sent out a directive to "nail him"?

Scottish football betting what it is it wouldn't surprise me.

1/38

No shots at our goal.

Let's keep the winning run going and make my birthday one to remember by pumping this Malmo mob.

Brilliant start to the campaign winning our opener by a few goals and racking up yet another clean sheet. Only downside was Haji getting injured, hopefully nothing too serious.

To any trainspotting tramps lurking on the platform CHOO CHOO MOFOS!

3-0,easy and comfortably eased into the new season.we dominated all over the park today,the only minor fault i could levy at them today,was some of the crosses being over hit and perhaps taking one pass too many,instead of a shot.....onwards an upwards,expect us to wipe the floor with celtic.

Would be good to keep a record of FF voted Motm awards and have an unofficial FF player of the year award based on these

Very happy with that start. Feel terrible for Hagi, was absolutely running the show until that scumbag hacked him down. Thought we went a bit stale after that. Wright filled in brilliantly though and Roofe made a huge difference when he came on. Loved his goal, pure poacher. Concerned with Aribo in midfield, just doesn't cut it in there for me. All in all, happy with the 3 points and roll on Malmo.

Appreciate that Davis was the heartbeat of rhe team again today but voted Wright for motm as I think his direct running and energy was the spark we needed as the game went on, not to mention that outstanding finish. Lad has huge potential and I hope we see him flourish this season.

Overall, happy enough with the days work. Yes, we were fairly flat for around half the match but when you have the defensive solidity that we have, confidence in getting the win never falters. And so pleasing to know that when a couple of your front 3 are having quiet games (Sakala and Kent, although he still did 2 or 3 Ryan Kent things), we can turn to the bench and bring on proven quality to get it over the line.
wright's goal was superb, I've got a feeling he's going to be a top player for us this season, we didn't have to play that well to comfortably win the game, something tells me someone is going to receive a right hiding from Rangers, once we are up to speed hopefully it's the tinkers. WATP

Bassey stood out for me. We opened the game well then fell away till near the end when Livi tired and we created more chances. I was surprised at the starting line up but we got the job done, what champions do. Livi looked pretty poor, no threat whatsoever, they were good at kicking our players though but Beaton refereed the game well giving out appropriate cautions. Overall I'm happy with the performance and result and was delighted to be back in the stadium.

What a feeling being back at Ibrox again brought a few tearswhen the CHAMPIONS emerged from the tunnel.
Great result i luv the new led screens and pitch looks amazing.

Fine win to kick off the defence of our title. Wouldn't even mind if were sitting 2nd in the league, 1 goal behind the Jambos at the EOP today ;)

Biggest surprise for me was Beaton. He actually looked like a good referee.
Well done the team but maybe up the pace against Malmo.
Waiting now to see if Hearts can make my day.

We will have more difficult games this season, but three points, three goals and a clean sheet will do just fine.

Well played The Rangers, more of the same please.

Won the game easily without playing our best. A wee bit rusty with the forwards linking but it will come. Thought Kent looked a bit out of sorts. Tried hard but ball kept sticking under his feet. Our strength in depth is amazing. Plenty of game changers to bring off the bench. Onto a huge game on Tuesday. We will need to be sharper.

Dominant for the full game. Clean sheet. Don’t remember out keeper making a save actually?
3 different scorers, Wrights goal in particular was a great finish. Hagis goal was a great first touch and feint before slamming it home. Far from us at our strongest starting 11 too. Bring on Tuesday

started really impressively though after that shocking tackle on hagi our momentum seemed to fade. we still had complete control of the game even if we werent as clinical going forward. thought lundstram made a huge difference when he came on. lovely finish from wright and great reactions from roofe to get to the ball before anyone else for his goal.
hope hagi isnt too badly hurt

Back