Rangers 3-2 Partick this afternoon

We simply must do better, this is totally unacceptable!

The problem starts and end with this board, when will they act....

:p

Lundstram, Sakala and McPake with the goals

Big bad John seems like a good athlete. I know he had a spell on the bench, but he still played a lot of first team games and doesn't seem like he'll get injured often. Wasn't expecting him to play today.

Ross Wilson has some questions to answer

rB8CLF2jngmAYbT6AAGZ31MBprY775.jpg.webp

Not really, just had a few cans

As a bench player, I’ll be happy with 10 league goals from fashion next season
Reckon he would get much more if he was starting most of the time.

22 G/A for Kent
17 G/A for Sakala.

Really great return for someone who doesn’t start as much as Kent. Unsure why Sakala gets bashed up on here as much as he does as he’s had a really good first season.

Second half at the piggery they had no idea how to cope with him. If he was a composed finisher he wouldn’t be playing for us.

22 G/A for Kent
17 G/A for Sakala.

Really great return for someone who doesn’t start as much as Kent. Unsure why Sakala gets bashed up on here as much as he does as he’s had a really good first season.

Second half at the piggery they had no idea how to cope with him. If he was a composed finisher he wouldn’t be playing for us.

Some of the criticism is just stupid. Players like Sakala are hard to defend against yet some on here seem to prefer the more obvious, predictable type of player that looks good but produces nothing.

Last edited:
Some of the criticism is just stupid. Players like Sakala are hard to defend against yet some on here seem to prefer the more obvious, predictable type of player that look good but produce nothing.
I don't think Gio will go this way but would like to see him & Alfie up front playing 2 up front they would clean up once they got it going

22 G/A for Kent
17 G/A for Sakala.

I like Sakala, he creates mayhem in the opposition defence and scores and makes a few, he really does get it tight in here.

I wonder what guys like McPake, Middleton and Kai Kennedy have been told? The younger group behind them seem to be progressing better with a few 1st team starts

I like Sakala, he creates mayhem in the opposition defence and scores and makes a few, he really does get it tight in here.
Sakala is early in his development with us. He has potential. Can we improve him enough to get him to a stage where he's a regular first team starter.

I wonder what guys like McPake, Middleton and Kai Kennedy have been told? The younger group behind them seem to be progressing better with a few 1st team starts
Kennedy was told he could move on but wants to stay and fight for his place.

I know someone that knows him fairly well and there is a player in there. He benefits from playing with better players and no surprise his loans to relegation/lower table battling teams hasn't really worked.

Do think it's too late for him though. Getting rid of his agent was one thing but not really done much to back up the ability that he has.

McPake I have no idea where he stands. He's done a lot of work with the same PT that Leon King was using and his attitude is spot on. Been unlucky with loans and the club realise that. He's 21 next month too and can no longer be classed as a youth.

Middleton was poorly advised by a former first team player when Gerrard wanted him to go to Holland on loan and someone told him he'd get him a loan move to hibs through his agent instead. Do wonder if he took that loan if he would have been involved the season after, instead it just started a downward spiral for his career. Was silly but he knows that.

sakala can only do it against lower teams
I think there’s something there in sakala, he has all the requirements of a modern day player, pace and power, he does lack a bit of composure, if he had composure though he wouldn’t be with us ,let’s be honest here, but I am certainly not writing the boy off yet.

New kit looks great, lovely shade of blue!
It does look better in real life, but... (and there's always a but) going back to the white numbers and sponsors really makes them stand out compared with last year. From the back the F1 car issue is really apparent. There's more white on there than some Killie strips.

22 G/A for Kent
17 G/A for Sakala.

Alot of people's views are coloured by his away performance in Europe where we asked him to hold the ball up - a task which he is clearly not suited to. That doesn't mean he can't contribute in other ways or play up top in other systems.

Who was at fault for the conceded goals
Let's just say Lowry won't want the first defence splitting pass on his highlight reel.

Second one Sands, Katic and Wright probably could all have reacted a bit better but wouldn't really say anyone was to blame as such. Maybe more just an unfamiliar group not being quite as tight as a unit.

Reactions: VMS
Let's just say Lowry won't want the first defence splitting pass on his highlight reel.

Second one Sands, Katic and Wright probably could all have reacted a bit better but wouldn't really say anyone was to blame as such. Maybe more just an unfamiliar group not being quite as tight as a unit.
Biggest flaw in Lowry's game is his lack of defensive awareness. Understandable at this stage of his development but certainly something he needs a lot of work on if he wants to nail down a starting slot.

All very well being the 'maverick' but we win and lose as a team and he can't leave that side of things to others as often as he does. I'm sure he, and the coaching staff, will be looking to address that area of his game. He will get there if he works hard enough.

EDIT: Just seen the goals. See what you mean now.

Last edited:
Back