Rangers' 3 Covid sinners in line for Livingston comeback as fast track no go sets up instant reprieve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hysterical nonsense.

I'd imagine SFA and Rangers have already spoken. Agreement they players do not play until the judgement comes down. Any ban will be backdated to time we stopped playing them.

Or maybe that is too logical for the SFA?
I can only remember the SFA back dating a ban once and that’s when they him gave Lennon a 3.5 match touch line ban as he’d served 1/2 game already when sent off.

A proper journalist would just need to add one or two sentences in that.

"with the SFA still not applied sanctions on the previous breaches in Dubai, it is expected this will be dealt with first" ;)

They could also add a "sources" quote (ie. made up).

"one Ibrox source has said Rangers are preparing their legal team to ask why there has been no punishments for the Celtic players pictured breaching guidelines and why Shane Duffy was allowed to play after breaching the team bubble" B-D

Fantasy stuff I know. :shh:

The whole thing sums up the people running football in this country tbh.

They gave Jones and Edmundson 7 game bans right away. Has anyone else received such a punishment?

They then completely ignored Celtic's shenanigans in Dubai.

Now they seem to be ignoring this. The lack of consistency is bizarre.

None of the clubs can moan about it though, they had a chance last summer to investigate these numpties and refused.
They will wait till we are about to play the beasts, a couple of days before then ban them.

Even if not hit with an SFA ban from playing id like to think internally we have banned them and docked wages until return from ban.

I'm trying not to still be furious at this however very difficult.

Utter stupidity and should be end of season. As to what happens next the board/manager can decide.

I do think this is the end of the road for Zungu though. However commercially I'm sure that will be looked at also.

When are the Dubai punishments due Keith?

This is what I can't get over. I would have no problem with a 7 game ban as Jones and Edmundson got if that was the going punishment. But no one else since has had anything like it, and Dubai, after a week of bad headlines (for them) has been quietly forgotten and swept under the carpet. It's obvious that when it comes to Rangers we are still the Aunty Sally of Scottish Football, to be hit harder than anyone else when it comes down to it. I'm sick and tired of it.

Don't understand the grovelling apology!
If you are sincerely sorry about making a mistake' no matter how stupid you were
You are not grovelling!

I'm torn on this, they absolutely need taught a lesson that taking liberties could cost the group but Bassey & Patterson are at that age where game time is vital. Zungu can do one. For me... Get them in, get them a game and let's start looking forward rather than back.
Are you suggesting the club isn't doing exactly this?

We should be doing this anyway, involved in the 18 for the Livi game and let's get the rats out of their holes so any ban is done and dusted for next season. Time to force their arm

Well personally I think any player from any club who breaches Covid rules or gets done by the police for this idiocy should get a ban. Our players included. How do they learn?

How many bans do you want, I would monetary fine the 5 players and leave any playing ban to the SFA, no point in banning them twice, cutting the nose off etc.

A proper journalist would just need to add one or two sentences in that.

"with the SFA still not applied sanctions on the previous breaches in Dubai, it is expected this will be dealt with first" ;)

They could also add a "sources" quote (ie. made up).

"one Ibrox source has said Rangers are preparing their legal team to ask why there has been no punishments for the Celtic players pictured breaching guidelines and why Shane Duffy was allowed to play after breaching the team bubble" B-D

Fantasy stuff I know. :shh:
Yes, however, it is amazing that you can rightly feel confident in using a word like 'fantasy' in relation to what should be an unremarkable and ineluctable reference in any written piece discussing this very topic by a Scottish sports journalist.

The SFA can charge them under disciplinary rules 24 and 77, which relate to conduct.
Did they charge Christie under this after playing Fifa with Armstrong while on Scotland duty?

What about the players who failed to socially distance when in Dubai?

If they do charge them, we should take it the whole road.

Got as far as “even available available for Thursday's Europa League showdown” and then thought this has been written by a bitter arsehole that’s know nothing about footballs governing bodies..

Did they charge Christie under this after playing Fifa with Armstrong while on Scotland duty?

What about the players who failed to socially distance when in Dubai?

If they do charge them, we should take it the whole road.
Did Christie break any rules ? Was he not just a close contact of Armstrong?

The only reason that they're being considered for squad involvement is because of injuries to Tav, Jack and Roofe. If those 3 hadn't been injured then Mebude, Zungu and Patterson wouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

I'm "baffult" that anyone would think that there'll be more than the most cursory of investigation into the Dubai affair.

No doubt the plan is to kick this into the long grass for several months until all restrictions are lifted. It will then be unfair to punish the new manager at Celtic for something Lennon did many months previously and as we all know Scottish football needs a strong Celtic.

Posted this in the other thread aswell but had a conversation with a Tim about this yesterday. He started it by saying the SFA are corrupt to the core cause the 5 haven’t been punished yet.

I asked what punishment they got for Dubai and he responded by saying half there team had to miss two games.
I then pointed out that that wasn’t a punishment but just following protocols as they had came into contact with someone that tested positive for covid.

Even when I said that Kennedy had publicaly came out and admitted that protocols were breached he still couldn’t understand that they hadn’t been punished in anyway for going to Dubai.

They can’t punish our players if they let the tims off Scot free with Dubai.
Best to avoid situations where you end up in conversations with Tims.

Seems we've learned from handing out our own bans since the SFA are just going to slap a 7 game ban on top of whatever we do.
Yep and suspending any ban of other players , basically so they go
Unpunished , work it right into the c,unts Rangers and play Patterson .

No bans from the SFA as others have said nothing for the Dubai fiasco which was far worse in terms of it being allowed to go and they abused that.

Personally I think Rangers should not be playing either of these players until they’ve missed (backdated with the 2 games last week) the same number of games as Jones and edmondson (at very least, since the players should’ve learned from Jones / Edmonson, I’m inclined to have them sit out more games

Paterson seems to be getting looked at more favourably / should be waved through quicker due to the position / Tav’s injury, but the reality is he’s not really proven himself (had time to prove himself) that he would be any better than balogun in first team at right back

If they are to be punished by the SFA we should leave it at that and move on. I don't see any purpose or gain from additional punishment.

Jackson has absolutely no credibility left after this season. He came out and trumpeted from the battlements that he was deep in the papes camp and used his klaxon to blare it out during the season until it became obvious that he had sadly misjudged us.
I wonder what will become of him after Lawell goes and he is left twisting in the wind.Until then, he is good for a laugh as long as you take his words with a cellarful of Sifto.

Personally I think Rangers should not be playing either of these players until they’ve missed (backdated with the 2 games last week) the same number of games as Jones and edmondson (at very least, since the players should’ve learned from Jones / Edmonson, I’m inclined to have them sit out more games

Paterson seems to be getting looked at more favourably / should be waved through quicker due to the position / Tav’s injury, but the reality is he’s not really proven himself (had time to prove himself) that he would be any better than balogun in first team at right back

Tav is out
Jack is out
what happens if Balogun gets injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back