Rangers 3 Hearts 2 in 3 different decades

dh1963

Can you guess my scoreline prediction for Saturday?
Here are Rangers beating Hearts 3-2 at Ibrox in 3 different decades.

1. 1977. A double by Alex MacDonald, his second a peach of a goal. 3 up and holding on at the end. Rangers had Chris Robertson at centre forward.

2. 1987. Ray Wilkins makes his debut, Hearts fill the top of the Broomloan, Craig Levein scores an own goal, Ian Durrant with a typical winner, and Hearts score through Chris Robertson's younger brother.

3. 2004. We go top of the table for the first time in ages, Nacho at the double, and not for the only time Mark de Vries gives our defence a hard time.

We beat them 3-2 at Tynecastle as well in December 1998. Neil McCann's debut.

I watched it on a beam back at Ibrox.

04 was the first time Boumsong looked human playing for us and was really the start of the end.
De Vries destroyed Boumsong that day and it must have put a doubt in the minds of potential buyers. Given it was a desperate Newcastle that signed him rather than one of the bigger clubs would suggest so as well.

1. 1977. A double by Alex MacDonald, his second a peach of a goal. 3 up and holding on at the end. Rangers had Chris Robertson at centre forward.

2. 1987. Ray Wilkins makes his debut, Hearts fill the top of the Broomloan, Craig Levein scores an own goal, Ian Durrant with a typical winner, and Hearts score through Chris Robertson's younger brother.

3. 2004. We go top of the table for the first time in ages, Nacho at the double, and not for the only time Mark de Vries gives our defence a hard time.

87 was a great game, 2004 what a summary by the reporter:))

We beat them 3-2 at Tynecastle as well in December 1998. Neil McCann's debut.

I watched it on a beam back at Ibrox.
I’m sure I was at a 3-2 victory at Tynecastle in midweek in the mid late sixties - think it might have been a cup game. Went through with ma dad

Remember the 04 game pretty well. It was a sign of change from the previous season for us to come back and win that.

De Vries destroyed Boumsong that day and it must have put a doubt in the minds of potential buyers. Given it was a desperate Newcastle that signed him rather than one of the bigger clubs would suggest so as well.
Sir Bobby must have seen something in the player despite Alan Shearer absolutely Ragdolling him in a pre season friendly.

The atmosphere in 2004 was great, they had dropped points earlier in the day, a right tough game and a win at the end of the day

Cheers OP.

Attended all three games, lots of great memories. Lots of changes too.

Check out the final whistle in the 87 game. Not a seat unoccupied.

Mental that Craig Gordon played in that game in 2004 and will be playing again on Saturday.

Remember the atmosphere being great at the end of the 2004 game.

Cheers, enjoyed watching that....

Was at the 2004 game.

I think you could be right with your score prediction.....I fancy Hearts to get a goal....I think to win this we will need to score 2, possibly 3.....

Only heard we'd signed Ray Wilkins as we came out the subway, some atmosphere at that '87 game, was like a cup final.

My first ever Rangers game was a 3-2 win over Hearts on a Wednesday night round about 1970 .Andy Penman (2) and Willie Johnson putting us 3-0 up at one point before it finishing 3-2.

Back