Rangers 4 - Filth 0 - March 2000 - Unreal party!

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
TBB after the third will live with me forever. 09:25 in.

My first ever game against the filth and i’ll never forget it.

Unfortunately my first full season with a season ticket was the following season.

I remember reading a mentally challengeds comments about that game saying it is the lowest they have ever felt (a lot worse than 9iar) as we should have won about 8-0 that day and they quite simply could never see a way back to challenging us given the gap at that stage.

5 months later they beat us 6-2 in the first OF of the next season. It shows you how quickly football can change.

Keep the faith lads, it will come soon.

Don’t mean to come across as a spoiled bastard, but I came out of Ibrox a wee touch disappointed that day.

Kind of ties into the point i made about the mentally challengeds. They knew it should have been about 8-0, potentially the biggest OF win of all time.

That’s why said mentally challenged i was referring to said it’s the lowest he has ever felt supporting they scummy cûnts.

Who was the filth player before the game who said they were better than us?

So did 42k others

I didn’t appreciate it at the time.

99/00 was the first season my old man started properly taking me to games.

I just thought GVB, RW etc and scudding they cûnts was standard.

Reactions: o7o
I was there and they did get off lightly !

dhaxlb9.png

I hope it's not too long until we are spoiled again .

I still can't quite believe how we went from that kind of performance to the performances we put in the following season.

I remember a tim saying lowest point he'd ever had following them after the game. He said he just got in his motor and ended up pulling over and crying cause he couldn't see how Rangers domination was ever gonna end.

Which is in my mind how it should be.. the 2nd class citizens born to suffer while we lord it in our own country as their masters. Totally triumphalism from us and pure dejection and bitterness for them.

Great day. But as others have mentioned, it should have been a lot more. Should have been breaking records!!

Look at that team, they made it look easy but they all had heart and determination and put the effort in, kanchelskis though what a player he was, loved watching him down the flanks.

Last edited:
Went on and was subbed!!

Yeah, bit of sarcasm there. Just remember a resounding chorus of 'There's only one...' from the bears, when he got brought on at 4-0 (I think). That might have did for any confidence the guy had left!

Also remember hearing around the time, that players in the EPL used his name as rhyming slang for a bad game, as in 'having a Reggie'. :))

My season ticket back then was in the corner next to the filth. They turned up and didn't even start a single song. Just stood and watched us absolutely batter them. Another day that really should have been 9 or 10 - 0

Should have been way more than 4 and the amount of dirty tackles they put in that day was a disgrace.

It was a total annihilation that day, that game and the 5-1 game in 88 are the 2 biggest let-offs ever.

Both games we really could and should have rattled 7 or 8 no problem.

I was 9 year old at the game with ma granda. I remember asking him if I could sing TBB and him grinning and saying if your granny asks I never heard you. One of my happiest memories of childhood that game.

Great day. That was my second OF game after the 4-2 earlier in the season. The celebration at Gio's goal was amazing.

Perfect day all round. The next game we played them was THAT game, then the one after that we won 5-1. I've been at pains over the years to point out to any tim that mentions the middle one that if either had been part of a European tie, we'd have got through on away goals either way.

Back