Rangers Academy are delighted to welcome @ScotlandNT Youth International, Cameron Bell, who joins from @Everton.

We are doing some good work recruiting seemingly decent youth players. I'm not sure if we always used to make such a big deal out of youth player transfers though.

Can't help thinking all these announcements are a diversion from the lack of transfer activity in the first team. Call me cynical lol.
No mate. We simply reached a point where our crop of 2006s were deemed not good enough to be offered pro contracts as far as I can understand it.

We are doing some good work recruiting seemingly decent youth players. I'm not sure if we always used to make such a big deal out of youth player transfers though.

Can't help thinking all these announcements are a diversion from the lack of transfer activity in the first team. Call me cynical lol.
You’re cynical.
Think of the how the fanbase would feel if we weren’t going after the youngsters in the same way as they’re being taken from us.
The “model” wouldn’t be getting followed, to say the least!
Can we not just celebrate good news.

You’re cynical.
Think of the how the fanbase would feel if we weren’t going after the youngsters in the same way as they’re being taken from us.
The “model” wouldn’t be getting followed, to say the least!
Can we not just celebrate good news.
Yes I'm more than happy about it to be honest. Too many people criticise the youth system even questioning why we have one. I think they do a great job and we have to build up from there. Some activity elsewhere would be good too but I guess that's really for another post.

Hard to keep track of all the youth signings.

We also brought in the boy from Aberdeen

Some barnet on the boy
Wish I had a Barnet for someone to slag…
…long gone now.
However this boy is a cracking prospect and again our club is attracting thie best.
Our model now is to bring them in,develop move on if not making the grade(making a profit) or making the grade then selling for massive profit.
I really think in years to come The Rangers way will be synonymous with producing world class players as Ajax is now.

Haven't seen him, didn't get a contract offer from Everton. He has been on trial at a few clubs since.
Whats your take on the raft of youngsters around this age group we have signed over the past few weeks.

Is it concerning or is it just a one off/poor crop of boys coming through our academy at this age?

Hello Mr Cynical

…long gone now.
However this boy is a cracking prospect and again our club is attracting thie best.
Our model now is to bring them in,develop move on if not making the grade(making a profit) or making the grade then selling for massive profit.
I really think in years to come The Rangers way will be synonymous with producing world class players as Ajax is now.

We must capitalise when value is high

Had heard he was highly rated at Everton but left to get a better opportunity at progressing to the first team. Wander when they will announce Lovelace next

Whats your take on the raft of youngsters around this age group we have signed over the past few weeks.

Is it concerning or is it just a one off/poor crop of boys coming through our academy at this age?
After a couple of good years in terms of numbers in 2003's and 2004's. It has been two poor years in 2005's and 2006's. I was surprised at a few who didn't get contracts, there of whom are now full-time at Hearts.

Rangers and Celtic for that matter seem to be a bit behind Hearts and Aberdeen at the younger age groups, we recently lost 23 goals against Hearts over four age groups.

Do we pay a fee for the Academy signings?
Some we will have pushed the boat out for, others we have taken a punt on, these signings in my opinion are more about making the U18's stronger.

Zak Lovelace, Archie Stephens and Bailey Rice would have taken significant development fees. As would Lancelot Pollard, but as a 2007 he will be on the fringes of the U18's at best.

Kieron Willox & Cameron Cooper would have been less, coming from a non elite clubs. Cooper may have been included in a deal for a loan player to go to Thistle.

Cameron Bell was not offered a contract at Everton and was on trial at Liverpool.

The players from the private academies in England would have been minimal cost.

That’s your prerogative mate but I think we’re using Dave Vos ability to bring the best out in youth players.

After a couple of good years in terms of numbers in 2003's and 2004's. It has been two poor years in 2005's and 2006's. I was surprised at a few who didn't get contracts, there of whom are now full-time at Hearts.

Rangers and Celtic for that matter seem to be a bit behind Hearts and Aberdeen at the younger age groups, we recently lost 23 goals against Hearts over four age groups.
Yep , The Oriam was always going to give Hearts a good standing in the Academy set up , Really good complex , my boy played in it a few times with Scotland Boys v Hearts 2011s hammered them 6-1 parents raging , they didnt realise team was made up of Rangers , Them , and Hamilton players :D

We are doing now what we should have done when they put us in the fourth tier of Scottish football. Sign about twelve of the best prospect and integrate then into the team alongside established first-teamers
No question that was an opportunity missed but off course the club was pretty unstable at the time.

Ok so you think we’rebringing through youth because Vos has a good track record? But it’s all a diversion from what’s really going on? In your opinion? Right. Got ya.
No what I said was us making a big deal of youth signings is relatively new and might be a diversion from lack of activity elsewhere. We don't usually do this.

…long gone now.

Mate of mine is starting to go bald. Last time he was at the barbers he asked him if he could give him something to keep his hair in. He handed him a shoe box.

Back