Rangers ace Morelos hit 100 career goals faster than Ronaldo, Henry and Rooney

A great stat
How does that compare with others that played in similar leagues though rather then Prem/La Liga etc

I wonder how many cards the other 3 had by this point. Rooney possibly a few but the other 2, none or 1, making Alfie’s feat even more impressive

Our fans waste no time in talking down our players achievements eh?

And then wonder why the poets sell players for massively inflated transfer fees. There is no doubt that the hyperbole they put out regarding their players helps drive the price up. Where as our players get pelters off fans and wonder why he can't get top dollar for them.

And then wonder why the poets sell players for massively inflated transfer fees. There is no doubt that the hyperbole they put out regarding their players helps drive the price up. Where as our players get pelters off fans and wonder why he can't get top dollar for them.
It's not the primary factor in them getting bigger fees, that would be the media lap dogs bigging their players up, but your point is perfectly valid.
We are our own worst enemies at times.

It's not the primary factor in them getting bigger fees, that would be the media lap dogs bigging their players up, but your point is perfectly valid.
We are our own worst enemies at times.

A compliant media does help of course. But we really don't help ourselves when you see some of the absolute dross spouted on Rangers Social Media pages. I have had to stop following nearly all Rangers FB pages because of the way so,me 'fans' talk about the club and players. It makes here look semi-reasonable.

A compliant media does help of course. But we really don't help ourselves when you see some of the absolute dross spouted on Rangers Social Media pages. I have had to stop following nearly all Rangers FB pages because of the way so,me 'fans' talk about the club and players. It makes here look semi-reasonable.
I never bothered with the daft FB pages when I was on that, binned the entire thing years ago though.
Been around forums a long time and you always get bumpers who think very highly of their own opinion.

Why do our fans always talk our players down? He hasn't done it in a top league, true but nobody fired those accusations at Larsson when he was banging them in for celtic.

Some effort from the lad, I hope we do get good cash for him and I'd love to see him tear it up wherever he ends up next, he doesn't deserve the toxic rhabid media attention and constant provocation he gets in Scotland.

He’s not played in a major league, so it’s not a stat that stacks up.

But if it adds a mill to the fee then I’m all for it.
It stacks up against Ibrahimovic and Suarez who had only played in Sweden, Uruguay and the Netherlands by the same age.

You gotta also remember Alfie's total come about without him taking penalties for us (and maybe his other teams either).

It says a lot about how the piggery red card changed peoples perception of him that the same people instantly questioning the quality of opposition are some of the same who boast about Tav’s goal tally but won’t have anyone acknowledge 15 of em were penalties!

We were talking the guy up big time a couple of months ago, since then it’s all been about how we play better without him, he makes us one dimensional and the speed at which he’s reached 100 goals should be brushed aside because they’re not in the top leagues.

Also way more career goals than dumbelly, Kasper dolberg, Luka jovic, Timo Werner etc etc

Also more career goals at that age by any rangers striker ever I think?

We should quite rightly be well talking him up his value

Also way more career goals than dumbelly, Kasper dolberg, Luka jovic, Timo Werner etc etc

Also more career goals at that age by any rangers striker ever I think?

We should quite rightly be well talking him up his value

I doubt he has more at this age than Jim Forrest

It is quite an achievement when you consider the dirty hammer throwing cheating bastards he was up against.
Talk of Quality of opposition.
Henry up against a centre half, to beat and slot it past the keeper.
Or Alfredo, up against 3 centre halves, a full back, 2 midfielders, and at least one of them dishing out a bit of GBH (if not 2 or 3 of them), before firing past the keeper. and I know who I think had it harder.

Yep, a fine stat, albeit you can’t ignore the quality of opposition he score against compared with those 3.

It’s a hard one to judge. The others played against better opposition but they also played for better teams. Especially at the time that they were playing, the gulf between the elite clubs in the top few positions in the big leagues and the dross at the bottom of them was bigger than the gulf between us and dundee. That said, they also had better players in the squad that they had to dislodge to start games and so may well have had fewer appearances.

I’m never sure how to weight all these things and tend to think that the stat is probably a valid one.

It says a lot about how the piggery red card changed peoples perception of him that the same people instantly questioning the quality of opposition are some of the same who boast about Tav’s goal tally but won’t have anyone acknowledge 15 of em were penalties!

We were talking the guy up big time a couple of months ago, since then it’s all been about how we play better without him, he makes us one dimensional and the speed at which he’s reached 100 goals should be brushed aside because they’re not in the top leagues.

Considering that the main striker is often also the penalty taker, if you were to have given those to Morelos, he’d be heading towards 50 goals in the season. And there are still rangers fans who don’t think he scores enough.

Scottish Media on a Rangers charm offensive with positive stories....hmmmm
It's almost as if trouble is brewing in the East

Back