Rangers ace Scott Arfield raises almost £8k for Poppyscotland by auctioning jersey from Hamilton victory

BlueMeanie

RANGERS ace Scott Arfield has raised almost £8,000 for Poppyscotland after auctioning off a match-worn top.
The Gers ace scored the opener in an 8-0 demolition job of Hamilton last month.
Scott Arfield auctioned off his Rangers strip

The Ibrox side paid tribute to fallen soldiers on Remembrance Sunday and wore strips emblazoned with a poppy.
Arfield then opted to offer fans the chance to win his match-worn strip with all proceeds donated to Poppy Scotland.
A JustGiving page was set up which read: "Do you want the chance to win a worn and signed match day shirt by Scott Arfield?
"Well now is your chance, with all proceeds being donated to Poppyscotland.
The midfielder scored the first in an 8-0 win over Hamilton

"To be in with a chance of winning the signed Arfield Rangers shirt, that was worn in the 8-0 victory against Hamilton on Sunday 8 November, simply donate anything from £2 - £20 to this page by midnight on Tuesday 1st December 2020
"You will be automatically be entered into a prize draw, with a winner to be announced in due course.
"Thanks for your donation to help those who have served, those still serving, and their families at times of crisis and need by offering vital, practical advice, assistance and funding."

The auction then ran from November 16 to December 1.
And it ended last night with a total of £7,885 from 991 supporters.

Excellent. He seems a top man every time you see him interviewed or getting glowing praise from teammates.

I can offer no more praise to Scott Arfield than saying he is the player I would most like to go for a beer with.

(Except Allan McGregor if that beer is inside a nightclub at 3.30am)

Excellent. He seems a top man every time you see him interviewed or getting glowing praise from teammates.

I can offer no more praise to Scott Arfield than saying he is the player I would most like to go for a beer with.

(Except Allan McGregor if that beer is inside a nightclub at 3.30am)
Top class from a true Ranger

Class act as always. Totally unrelated but my family business fitted new granite worktops for him last week. Nobody knew it was his house until he appeared just as the fitters were finishing up.

respect.jpg

Back