Rangers Alphabet - E

Sam English the most notable player there, holds the Rangers record for the most league goals scored in one season: 44 goals from 35 appearances.

Enjoying this daily post, cheers OP.
I like trying to name as many as possible before checking your list.
Today was difficult and fortunately it was a small list so l didn't feel like i'd missed too many.
Edu escaped me today.

Emerson

A good player completely hung out to dry by McLeish and his ridiculous 4-2-4 formation that season.

Sam English, for an obvious reason, doesn't seem to get the praise his exploits deserve in Scottish fitba history.
Always wished we'd renamed Murray park after him. Imagine the media having to report from'English Park'

Ejaria is a player I will keep an eye on, he has the potential to be a clever footballer... but went missing in games though.

The fact he left to return home is a mental issue that can happen to anyone, we can all understand that situation (or at least I hope we can)

Emerson was bloody shocking to my memory, sir

I'm not saying he was brilliant but he was completely hung out to dry by our formation.

Could barely run but he could pass a ball with his eyes closed. Playing in a 2 man midfield alongside either Arteta or Malcolm and then having 4 forwards on Lovenkrands, Mols, Arveladze and either Burke or Capucho was a recipe for disaster.

There was one game at Tynecastle where he absolutely bossed Hearts and we won 4-0.

Emerson was nowhere near our worst performer that year but he was one of the first McLeish binned. When he came back into the team around February he was MOTM against Kilmarnock at home and was then banished within 2 games with McLeish saying he'd never play for us again.

That Efrem guy spent 2 years with us in 2007 and never played... and he is still only 30!

Madness

I saw a lot of Efrem in the youths around the time Shinnie, Furman, Fleck, Lennon, Wilson, Hutton and Stirling were all looking like decent prospects.

He was as good as the likes of Aaron who we gave first team football too as far as I was concerned.

Shame that he never managed a single appearance for us given he was our player rather than a loan like Aaron.

Back